Author Topic: Casa Grande Airsoft  (Read 4618 times)

Offline steyraug223

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Casa Grande Airsoft
« on: June 17, 2008, 01:16:06 AM »
HI everybody, first i want to start out by saying that its 1 in the morning so If i am not the most literate and legible I am terribly sorry, but this is the first chance I have had to get around to this.

I live in Casa Grande and the problem with airsoft here is that there isn't enough players, yet from what I have seen reading the threads there isn't enough places to play in PHX that doesn't cost money. There is a solution here though, the area I play in is roughly 400-500 yards long by 200-300 yards wide, with some dense brush, 2/3 (depends on the exact area you play by) hills giving a commanding view of the area, and about 4 paths cut through the entire thing making awesome ambush points and whatnot. And the area I play in is only roughly an 8th of the available play area.

(I will have pictures posted soon too so you guys can see what I am talking about)

Now I know gas is a problem, I can't offer any other solution than carpooling with other players, but it will easily be worth it.

As for age restrictions I am not really picky, its all about the maturity of the player, but for the sake of protecting myself I would really appreciate all youngsters (under 15) wearing full face coverage. Also if your parents, for those youngers players, would stop in and chat for a few minutes (or better yet play with us) It would go a long way to establishing your right to play.

Fps would be limited to under 400 with the exception of snipers which I can't really determine the reasonable FPS or range restriction of because I don't have any experience with them, so that would be left up to a general consensus.

Also I am personally extending the invitation to the Rebel Union guys to come down and play with us some time.  

Tell me if you are interested and I will start setting dates when I get enough interest sparked. I will also try to offset the dates so as not to interfere with any other games.

Hope to see you guys out there

Lee
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
The fecal matter just hit the spinning apparatus.

USN

Offline Jp7891

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Casa Grande Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »
that sounds perfect, i will let my team know and ill see what they say and hit you back up.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:24:17 AM »
How many do you already have locally?  Did you know that most places in Phoenix and Tucson are not pay to play?  Did you know Tucson folks have a game almost every weekend that is easily 20+ with no fee?  Could you post the link from google maps to your play area?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline Marine101

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
Sounds like a good spot, Our team might go out some weekend ill have to notify you when so we can have some opposition
PFC Mark Morgan
855 MP CO
Phoenix, Arizona

Offline TheCzM

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »
Quote from: "Kileyhaz"
How many do you already have locally?  Did you know that most places in Phoenix and Tucson are not pay to play?  Did you know Tucson folks have a game almost every weekend that is easily 20+ with no fee?  Could you post the link from google maps to your play area?

We have three locally, me(theczm), rogue rox, and steyraug. And yes we know about the games in the phoenix and tucson areas that are free, but the problem is the drive, we just want to be able to have some games down here as well so we are not always driving 140+ mile round trips to go to a game every week. If u look at the governments renversment/cost to operate a car for its drivers is, .55 cents a mile, or was it is probably higher now, but with that and gas the cost of games is huge. so we are just trying to get ppl to come down and game with us a couple of times a month as well as us driving places as well.
"Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord" but He subcontracts.

Offline steyraug223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:49:53 PM »
Quote from: "TheCzM"
Quote from: "Kileyhaz"

We have three locally, me(theczm), rogue rox, and steyraug. And yes we know about the games in the phoenix and tucson areas that are free, but the problem is the drive, we just want to be able to have some games down here as well so we are not always driving 140+ mile round trips to go to a game every week. If u look at the governments renversment/cost to operate a car for its drivers is, .55 cents a mile, or was it is probably higher now, but with that and gas the cost of games is huge. so we are just trying to get ppl to come down and game with us a couple of times a month as well as us driving places as well.

thanks Tyson. And no I didn't know about the guys in Tucson, though I did know about the games in PHX. The thing is its a good oppurtunity for people from both areas to play together.

As for the google maps the thing is I tried it and its resolution is horrible, All you can see is the outer edges of the pit. And we have 3 locally that are ready to play whenever, with another group that isn't realiable (watch your ammo around them  :( ) that is about 6 playes strong that can play if given warning.
The fecal matter just hit the spinning apparatus.

USN

Offline TheCzM

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
[/quote]As for the google maps the thing is I tried it and its resolution is horrible, All you can see is the outer edges of the pit.[/quote]

Lee ill try to see if me and greg or greg can get out to the pit and take pics that will show the area, while u are gone, and what not. Ill be leavint thursday but greg should be able to do it saturday. so For all of you there should be pics of the field, since google maps is not working, sometime this weekend or latest monday. If any of you have Google earth, you might be able to look it up. just give us a notice and we will get the area code and stuff for the area and where to locate it.

Offline usafcajun

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • Black Company
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »
If Google maps is not good quality check maps.yahoo.com or the Maps.live.com.
USAFcajun
------------------------
** MCLMM **
 OP:Lion Claws VI  -  Tribe Longgrear

Offline TheCzM

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »
Thanks bro.  :D alright well here are some aerial views of the place. they are old but its an idea of the area.  we play in the south west corner. but there are other possible spots there to play in.

This is an idea of the area:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=32.793 ... %20Azizona

what is in the center is where we play. this isnt a great map and is a little old, but it gives a general idea, i will work on getting live pics for u guys.

Offline Firebert

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 07:42:36 PM »
I would be game.  I live in Maricopa so I am not that far away.

Offline TheCzM

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »
really, thats pretty tight, are there anymore ppl u know that play in ur town?

Offline Firebert

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:26 PM »
Nope, just me.  I have friends but they are all in Phoenix.  They would come down for a game as well.

Offline TheCzM

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 08:08:38 PM »
o man that sucks dude. There is just three of us here, should be more but on guy got everything stolen from him, and another has only a TM scorpian, and one more with a CA vietnam style M16, but they do not play much with us, so basically three of us ha. but ya we are trying to get a game going as much as possible. U are welcome to come game with us whenever, we will post the games once we get a good number of ppl interested in gaming down here.

Offline BATMAN

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 02:22:29 AM »
Quote from: "TheCzM"
what is in the center is where we play. this isnt a great map and is a little old, but it gives a general idea, i will work on getting live pics for u guys.
Yea, I know that place; it's out by the gravel fields. That's actually about a mile away from where my team used to play all the time.  Last time we were out there we had a turn-out of 21 people.  We don't have any plans for playing out there any time soon, but we might be able to work out a game with you.  If you're interested, send me a PM.
-BATMAN

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 07:43:05 AM »
Cool.  I know right where that is, I was across the street at the truck stop last night getting gas.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"