Author Topic: NBB?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline BoltActionRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
NBB?
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:47:02 AM »
Alright, I might just be being a noob again but here it goes...

What are the advantages/disadvantages of NBB over GBB?

I've heard that it's more cost efficient due to not having to

waste gas with the whole blow back action, but I would imagine

it would get dirtier (internally) much quicker. Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Rules 1&2 of the internet... don\'t discuss /b/

Offline jones4ms

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: NBB?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
to my knowledge, the only difference is the felt recoil of the blow back of the top slide. and the use of a portion of the gas for slide movement vs using the gas for just propelling the bb. i think it is move of a personal choice and realism.
[

Offline Cappy

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »
Realism does seem like the biggest factor, but I imagine a NBB is quieter and has less wear over time.

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »
GBBs usually don't go as fast as GNBBs.  I personally like GBBs becuse they are easy to clean, have a heavy weight, and they seem to be more reliable for me.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
NBBs are going to be quieter, more accurate, and more gas efficient. I dunno where the dirtier thing came from.

The only downside is that they're double action only, and have a pretty rough trigger pull.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline BoltActionRob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
NBBs are going to be quieter, more accurate, and more gas efficient. I dunno where the dirtier thing came from.

The only downside is that they're double action only, and have a pretty rough trigger pull.

As usual, Vince knows all.  :)
I got the notion of dirtier interiors because there's no place other than the barrel for gas to escape, so I figured residue and such would fowl up the barrel.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »
Quote from: "BoltActionRob"

I got the notion of dirtier interiors because there's no place other than the barrel for gas to escape, so I figured residue and such would fowl up the barrel.

That might be true, but, on a GBB there are just more places for it to get dirty. Think about all of the moving surfaces with lubrication on them that will attract dust, dirt and other debris.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline BoltActionRob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »
Quote from: "BoltActionRob"

That might be true, but, on a GBB there are just more places for it to get dirty. Think about all of the moving surfaces with lubrication on them that will attract dust, dirt and other debris.

And I have seen that NBBs are usually cheaper.
I gotta say, as an airsofter, I love realism.
However, I'm seventeen and working for Safeway, so my budget is a little restricted.

Offline usmcpog

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.TEAMOF.COM
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »
What you get should reflect how you play and what you want the gun to do.  If you want to stalk someone, you might want a gun that is quiet like a NGBB.  If you want realism, then yeah, go for a GBB.  They both will get dirty whether you like it or not.  It is the nature of the beast.  If your gun does not get dirty, maybe you are not playing hard enough.

In any case, when talking about velocity, stock, NGBB's are more efficent with air transfer to the bb as no air is wasted on cycling the slide.  The only down side is the harder trigger pull as 100% of the trigger pull is used to load, cycle, and fire.

With that said, here are 2 guns I have, a TM Sig P226 (GBB) and a TM Mk23 SOCOM (NGBB).  Both of them shoot over 400 fps (that is putting it mildly) with .20 gram bb's.  Both are accurate, both shoot far, and both would shoot ridiculiously hot if I were playing in the AZ heat.

The point of my post is to show that it really does not matter what you get because as long as you are happy with what you get, that is all that truly matters.  For a visual, here are pictures of the said guns and youtube video of some chrono tests I did at AEX San Diego.

TM Sig P226:

Chrono test -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0sz0rX3Jhk

TM Mk23 SOCOM:

Chrono test -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awm1zA71sEs
Semper Fi,
Lawrence

Offline BoltActionRob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
Thanks for the input all, I plan on buying a GBB at gearbox when I get the spare cash.
Thanks all!