Author Topic: HELP with JG BAR 10  (Read 1219 times)

Offline ERIC_H

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
HELP with JG BAR 10
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »
So I have had a JG BAR 10 now for around 2 months and I love it. It came with a scope rail that was off, so I have been using it without it and it has been great. But of course I wanted to use the scope. So I took it to a friend who is a gunsmith and he fixed and now I'm sniping with the scope. I love it. However, here's the problem

It isn't shooting straight now that I have the scope on. It's shooting consistently low. Right in the exact same spot it seems. Eventually I would like to purchase a new hop up for it, and more than likely a new tightbore. However here's my question.

I see the hop up lever on the left side of the gun, with arrows pointing to the front and the back. Do I have to take apart the gun to adjust the hop up? Or do I just move the lever? Because when I try to move the steel lever it doesnt seem to move. I know this is a noob question, and I am. I don't want to mess it up so much that it's almost useless.

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Morgann0

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: HELP with JG BAR 10
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
The scope needs to be adjusted.  It won't shoot dead on, or even close just because you put the scope on it.  There should be two caps, one on the top, one on the side of the scope.  Take those off, and there should be dials.  They adjust the scope.  Look for some info on the web, or just go for trial and error.
\"All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be.\"

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:29:46 AM »
It comes standard with a tight-bore (I believe a 6.04), you shouldn't need a new one.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline SVT Cobra

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »
Yes move the lever back and forth. The more you move it towards the back of the gun, the more hop up you get. The little lever on the BAR-10 is stiff..much stiffer than AEGs hop up levers. Just apply enough force to get it moving, trust me it wont break. Like Morgann0 said, the scope needs to be adjusted as well. Lastly, the stock BAR-10 barrel is good, but you will be amazed with the performance increase you will see if you throw in a 6.01 tightbore barrel and a hop up bucking (nineball is pretty much the best bucking if you are shooting 500 or less fps).
I am the same SVT Cobra on Airsoft Retreat.

Offline StrivingToSnipe

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:52 PM »
you also may want to shim the hop up arm, me and a buddy did this to ours to help with random left and right flyers and it helped quite a bit, we used aluminum foil and cut it to fit the rectangle.
JG BAR-10
DBC Tightbore 6.01
Soon to come: Bull Barrel, PDI internals, Bucking, Custom JBU Silencer, PDI 250% spring

ICS M16 A3
Tightbore 6.01, King Arms MRE Kit for M16, Systema Hop up unit, firefly bucking

KWA M3A1 RIS

Systema Hop up, firefly bucking