Author Topic: Anyone else glad?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline tastyfish21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else glad?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 12:26:36 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
-SteveO

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »
Quote from: "Altered_Soul"
If I see a gaunt looking dude in a picture carrying a briefcase, I am fucking digging myself a hole and staying there, and sealing any air vents within a 50 mile radius...

Thats how they get you man, thats how they get you.

Were's that roll of duct tape and an old "YOU NEED THIS" gasmask.
Man, I hate the media.
When it come to vids though I prefer Soap McTavish.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 12:45:39 PM »
It was also tested at a VERY slow speed.  It took almost an hour to do the loop. At full operational speed it will be running close to the speed of light.  Also it was predicted that IF a black hole did last its infancy it would take 4yrs to swallow the earth, which interestingly enough is how long till the end of the earth as predicted by the Mayan's, December 21, 2012.  They, as well as the Aztecs, have yet to get anything wrong.  The Aztecs predicted doomsday for them which happened to be exactly the date when Cortez landed.  If you have a public education I doubt you would know your history, go find out what happened for your self.
"Dude! Your ride is sick as fuck!"

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
Quote from: "Polie"
It was also tested at a VERY slow speed.  It took almost an hour to do the loop. At full operational speed it will be running close to the speed of light.  Also it was predicted that IF a black hole did last its infancy it would take 4yrs to swallow the earth, which interestingly enough is how long till the end of the earth as predicted by the Mayan's, December 21, 2012.  They, as well as the Aztecs, have yet to get anything wrong.  The Aztecs predicted doomsday for them which happened to be exactly the date when Cortez landed.  If you have a public education I doubt you would know your history, go find out what happened for your self.

uh

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Altered_Soul

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

And if you have any sort of mathematical, scientific, engineering, or deeper history lessons you would also find out that the Mayan calender "doomsday" is not a predicted end date, but a decimal termination at which point their counting starts over again, or at which point the Mayans could have gotten lazy trying to make an infinite amount of numbers. They set up their calenders in advance, instead of creating a cyclical ideology of 12 months with exactly the same days (minus leap year for minor correction).

And that doomsday speak on all counts is typically Anglo-ified to the point of soothsaying, as apocalypse in most american indian languages was used as a purely natural occurrence (and in some cultures as an everyday thing) of death and birth, or a natural order of things. In Anglo interpretation, we take it as the end of the world. It makes for more headlines of course. For some reason our European ancestors and forefathers were (and are) obsessed with the end of the world. I am sure we can find out why, but I don't really care.
RED 2
Red Dagger I
Balkan Hammer II

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 10:09:33 PM »

@Altered- I will post a respond in the AM. I am to tired to do anything but have a drink and go to bed.

Offline Altered_Soul

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »

@Altered- I will post a respond in the AM. I am to tired to do anything but have a drink and go to bed.

Can't see pics :(.

As for the whole apocalypse stuff... Nostradamus predicted the world would end in 1999, and unless I am living in the Matrix and it DID end, I am still here.  

Even then, if everyone wants to believe the apocalypse stuff, go ahead, just don't bother me.  If the world ends on that fateful day four years from now, then we are gone, nothing we can do.  I don't take it all too seriously :)
RED 2
Red Dagger I
Balkan Hammer II

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »

no wonder no one posted about them yet.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »
How many hardons does it take to destroy the world?
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »
Let's hope that there isn't a glitch in their predictions either.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_ ... u_big_bang
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
Quote from: "Altered_Soul"

And if you have any sort of mathematical, scientific, engineering, or deeper history lessons you would also find out that the Mayan calender "doomsday" is not a predicted end date, but a decimal termination at which point their counting starts over again, or at which point the Mayans could have gotten lazy trying to make an infinite amount of numbers. They set up their calenders in advance, instead of creating a cyclical ideology of 12 months with exactly the same days (minus leap year for minor correction).

And that doomsday speak on all counts is typically Anglo-ified to the point of soothsaying, as apocalypse in most american indian languages was used as a purely natural occurrence (and in some cultures as an everyday thing) of death and birth, or a natural order of things. In Anglo interpretation, we take it as the end of the world. It makes for more headlines of course. For some reason our European ancestors and forefathers were (and are) obsessed with the end of the world. I am sure we can find out why, but I don't really care.

Yeah sry I forgot to reply.

I have heard it both ways.  I am not one of those 'End of the World" freaks. I was just pointing it out.  If you cross reference it with Revelations one will quickly see that the world ending in 4 years can not/will not happen.  It clearly states that after the anti-Christ there will be 3.5 years of peace, prosperity, and happiness followed by 3.5 years of pure hell on earth. Then the final battle in which the Bible states, the blood will be up to a horses mane.  Now again I am not preaching the Bible, but if one wants to believe the Aztecs and Mayan's predictions, should also take into account the Bible.

One last and interesting point, theologians have studied the Bible and have been able to point out all the last major world powers, ie Russia, China, Israel, Iran, ect ect. except for one, America.  It seems for the end times that the United States will be destroyed.  Now if you want to even go farther down the path, one of the Russian Generals said that they would use everything to defend themselves against a missile defense system in Poland, (that is supported by the US, and how one defends again a defense system really does not compute.) That infers the use of nuclear weapons.  

Again, I don't really believe any of this, I just wanted to bring it all to light.

Offline Altered_Soul

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 08:41:12 AM »
Yeah sry I forgot to reply.

I have heard it both ways.  I am not one of those 'End of the World" freaks. I was just pointing it out.  If you cross reference it with Revelations one will quickly see that the world ending in 4 years can not/will not happen.  It clearly states that after the anti-Christ there will be 3.5 years of peace, prosperity, and happiness followed by 3.5 years of pure hell on earth. Then the final battle in which the Bible states, the blood will be up to a horses mane.  Now again I am not preaching the Bible, but if one wants to believe the Aztecs and Mayan's predictions, should also take into account the Bible.

One last and interesting point, theologians have studied the Bible and have been able to point out all the last major world powers, ie Russia, China, Israel, Iran, ect ect. except for one, America.  It seems for the end times that the United States will be destroyed.  Now if you want to even go farther down the path, one of the Russian Generals said that they would use everything to defend themselves against a missile defense system in Poland, (that is supported by the US, and how one defends again a defense system really does not compute.) That infers the use of nuclear weapons.  

Again, I don't really believe any of this, I just wanted to bring it all to light.

See, there's all that, or we can end the world Half Life style. I am getting my crowbar, but I don't have access to an HEV suit unfortunately :(.  At least it will be a thrilling way to end it all.

And about the lack of America in the Bible, remember, even the people who originally wrote the Bible through the world revolved around Israel... No one knew of the Americas.  Kinda funny how some American Indian nations have religious beliefs that the world will end with things specifically relating to the NA continent, but completely ommiting other parts of the world.  The predictions have everything to do with what is known to great extent at the time the predictions are made.  But don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from, I am not picking apart what you are saying, just having a conversation :).

*holds crowbar tighter in anticipation*
RED 2
Red Dagger I
Balkan Hammer II

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »
Not every Christian belief omits texts relating to the Americas.  ;)

I don't believe that this will cause the end of the world, I hope they find some cool shit though, I am tired of paying this much for gas.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 11:46:24 AM »
I'm just waiting for them to smash some shit together. lol  

I mean come on, dark matter!!! If anyone watched Star Trek they would already see some of the references!!!

Its just one more step towards Warp 1!!!  lol