Author Topic: ANYONE HAVE A CASTLE NUT IN MESA THEY WANT TO SELL/GIVE ME?!  (Read 1477 times)

Offline stareandwonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
ANYONE HAVE A CASTLE NUT IN MESA THEY WANT TO SELL/GIVE ME?!
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »
Well, for some stupid useless reason, my castle nut will not work on my LMT buffer tube I bought to use my sopmod.....

I've had the sopmod and tube in hand for 2 months now, while my ar has been back home in MI, finally my mom mailed it and
when it got here I found out my castle nut won't work...its suppose to, well anyone, ANYONE have an extra castle nut!??!!?!?!!!?!!?!?!? Local!???
PLEASE!!!
I live like 3 blocks from Gearbox.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you don\'t stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand infront of them

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
Re: ANYONE HAVE A CASTLE NUT IN MESA THEY WANT TO SELL/GIVE ME?!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »
If the nut wont thread on, then your tube wont screw into your receiver, they should all be the same size and thread pattern.

Check some of the local shops, AZEX, AZ armory.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline stareandwonder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
If the nut wont thread on, then your tube wont screw into your receiver, they should all be the same size and thread pattern.

I've tried Arizona tactical firearms, and they told me it should be fine... and i cant see if it will scrwew into my reciever because my RRA
stock wrench is out of spec and does not atttach right to the damn castle nut...

If my LMT buffer tube is out of spec or something, that will suck because i ordered it a month ago from quantico tactical and Havn't
had the chance to put it on my ar until today. I doubt they would take it back.

This is not cool.
If you don\'t stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand infront of them

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:10 AM »
Quote from: "stareandwonder"

I've tried Arizona tactical firearms, and they told me it should be fine... and i cant see if it will scrwew into my reciever because my RRA
stock wrench is out of spec and does not atttach right to the damn castle nut...

If my LMT buffer tube is out of spec or something, that will suck because i ordered it a month ago from quantico tactical and Havn't

This is not cool.

If there is something wrong with the receiver extension, LMT will take care of you.
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline stareandwonder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: "Raith"
Quote from: "stareandwonder"

This is not cool.

If there is something wrong with the receiver extension, LMT will take care of you.

Well, LMT told me to mail it back to them, but tomorrow before I ship it off, I'll go down to cavarms and see if another castle nut will wor, though i doubt it will.
Now i have to wait another week plus to sopmod it up :evil:   Oh well, atleast its being taken care of. The threading on it does look somewhat weird, I was iffy
on it when i originally got it but I didn't have anything to compare it to at the time as my ar was 3k miles away.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »

If you can't get the old nut off how do you know it doesn't work?

I would suspect that it was staked and that is interfering with it threading on. Be sure to mention airsoft around cavarms, they love this game  :lol: .
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline stareandwonder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »

If you can't get the old nut off how do you know it doesn't work?

I would suspect that it was staked and that is interfering with it threading on. Be sure to mention airsoft around cavarms, they love this game  :lol: .

Because I was at ATF and they took the stock off, and the castlenut would not fit on my LMT buffer tube. And my stock wrench is out of spec by like half a damn mm...

Offline stareandwonder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:20:27 PM »
The nightmare is over thanks to azoutdoorsman over at arfcom... The castle nut was a messed up , and wouldn't fit any stock wrench but the LMT tubes threads were a bit messed but were worked through
and its fine now. SOPMOD time :twisted:

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
Glad you got it settled.  I figured it was the nut, not the LMT tube.  While no brand is perfect, LMT seems to have as good of a QA/QC staff as any.

I guess it pays to be a little mechanically inclined sometimes. :lol:

Make sure to use a bit of anti-seize compound on the threads and stake the castellated nut!

Raven1

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Glad you got it settled.  I figured it was the nut, not the LMT tube.  While no brand is perfect, LMT seems to have as good of a QA/QC staff as any.

Make sure to use a bit of anti-seize compound on the threads and stake the castellated nut!

+ 1

Stake That Piece!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
Quote from: "Raven1"

+ 1

Stake That Piece!

Ahh, whatta you know about that?  You gotta have a gun first, cuz! :P

Raven1

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 11:25:34 PM »
Quote from: "Raven1"

+ 1

Stake That Piece!

Ahh, whatta you know about that?  You gotta have a gun first, cuz! :P

I Got One - Well The FFL Does But I Go And Fondle It Once A Week Until That Damn Form 4 Goes Through!

Also Have A KAC SR-15 E3 IWS On Order For My Long Gun,,,