Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: October 21, 2003, 01:05:38 PM »
Radio Shack model # 21-1860.  Excellent radio, many of us use them.  Might not be available anymore, though.  About a year ago, they stopped making them and started selling them on sale.  Who knows what its like over in CA, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline KamikazeSM

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 04:48:16 PM »
If I can't find that, are there any manufacturers that tend to use mainly the two prong system?

Hector - is yours a double prong? Could I borrow it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 01:05:41 AM »
Alot of Cobra radios use 2 prongers.  They also are dual band though, so this might be a problem.  I have a PRC110WX and it works fine in FRS channels.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 08:53:52 AM »
Not all 2 prong radios are the same, Nick, so you've got to look into what you're buying.

There are several different kinds of proprietary radio connections that are 2 pin connectors.  I'm not sure of all of them, but the differences lie in the different manufacturers; Motorola, Kenwood, etc.

I'm also not sure if any are cross compatible, but that may be the case sometimes.  I know some of the radio accessories that I tried in the store would fit, but they didn't work.  Sometimes the plugs will fit, but you'll notice that its acting like its constantly transmitting.

If you need a radio with 2 prongs, I'm assuming you already have some accessories for it, so you'll need to make sure to purchase a compatible radio.

I think that the black line arrangement on the pins has something to do with the format of connector it is, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

The best way to do this would be to just take the stuff with you and try it out in the store.

Hope this helps a bit.

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 07:25:34 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by azsarge</i>
<br />Alot of Cobra radios use 2 s (.29g) are nice, but it's still nicer to go with a heavier BB when you're in the 500FPS/.20g velocities.  At one time, I did also buy some .43g BB's from WGC that were white.  I don't remember the manufacturer.

Offline KamikazeSM

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
FRS radio with 2 prong accessory jack
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 01:04:06 AM »
I need an FRS radio with a 2 prong accessory jack for RO.  I do not have one and I don't have any idea where to look.  

So, one of two options:

A) If you have an FRS radio with a 2-prong accessory Jack and are not going to RO, will you let me borrow it for RO?

or

B) If you know where to get one cheap, please let me know.  Harley was talling me about one at radioshack for $20.  Anyone know the model number/name and if it's still around?  If it is, any kind soul who lives near a radio shack willing to purchase one for me? (I am in CA)

Thanks a lot!
e-mail me (or post here): Kamikaze_SM@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev