Author Topic: Evike fucks up another one of my orders  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Evike fucks up another one of my orders
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »
I ordered 10k BB's, a barrel, and a few other things for an order of about $140 or so.  
They processed it Monday, and it took until Friday for them to ship it.

Not that I am complaining - but it seems odd that it takes 5 business days to put the stuff in a box and tape it up and ship it.

Wish it would have shipped sooner/faster than that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 09:38:17 AM »
Wow. A whole FIVE days????? OMG you must be getting a fever/rash.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline BoneDust

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »
Quote from: "Exarach"

Come on man dont be a jackass

Offline TheBoy988

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560727808
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »

wow... that was extremely useful for the community. Keep up the good work!

Back on subject. i call before i order anything from them to see if they have the item in stock, i havent had an problems doing it that way and ive ordered a hand full of times.
"Don\'t fire and correct! Fire correctly!" - ME

Offline Rd maul

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Call your Shots!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 08:14:29 PM »
Quote from: "TheBoy988"

wow... that was extremely useful for the community. Keep up the good work!

Back on subject. i call before i order anything from them to see if they have the item in stock, i havent had an problems doing it that way and ive ordered a hand full of times.

Great advice!! I always call as well

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »
strange, i have never had issues with evike... even with orders containing multiple items, i always get my merchandise within 5 days of my order being placed. i would think you guys would too, since we all live in arizona...

as previously stated, the real world doesnt always work perfectly. in a nutshell at least.. i would prefer to order through a company with a large customer base, then some "store" run by a dude out of his moms basement...
see you space cowboy...

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »
I finally got my M203 pouch the other day. It was shipped on last Thursday and arrived on Saturday, so thats not bad for travel time.

I decided to do another order with Evike today. I used the "call before ordering method" and it saved me from ordering three things that were actually out of stock. Now the real test is if my order gets to me on or before Friday.

Offline BeachsideCorpse

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 03:01:49 AM »
Being that I work in shipping in an electronics warehouse, I can understand some of the delays.  There are dozens of reasons for an order to be delayed.  

You could place the order online but not have it processed for two or three days if they're retardedly busy.  Also, if their inventory records are incorrect or someone doesn't pull the correct amount, they will hold the entire order, although evike at least sends you what they have in stock.

It's often a communication breakdown within the company itself.

Just saying, things happen.  If they continue to not be your cup of tea, shop elsewhere.  'tis capitalism.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 05:04:57 AM »
Quote from: "BeachsideCorpse"
Being that I work in shipping in an electronics warehouse, I can understand some of the delays.  There are dozens of reasons for an order to be delayed.  

You could place the order online but not have it processed for two or three days if they're retardedly busy.  Also, if their inventory records are incorrect or someone doesn't pull the correct amount, they will hold the entire order, although evike at least sends you what they have in stock.

It's often a communication breakdown within the company itself.

Just saying, things happen.  If they continue to not be your cup of tea, shop elsewhere.  'tis capitalism.
Yeah, in an industry like airsoft, unfortunately you will get people who only care about the all mighty dollar... I would rather pay a few bucks more or wait a little longer for a company that takes care of their customers in the end than buy something from some company that charges a buck over wholesale.

FWIW, a lot of issues for evike right now with the whole "estimated by" thing is that HK mail and services are having really tough times coping with the surge of stuff being exported, as well as US Customs is a little slower than usual right now. For other items, such as EDGI barrels coming from the phillipines, well..Unfortunately there are some rumors about that company at this particular time..hence why I have started making some of my own pieces.. :-k

Offline BeachsideCorpse

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
With customs if the paperwork is even minutely off, or illegible, they'll hold the order there as well.  Takes a day or two longer if that happens, hey have to call the company and request a copy of the paperwork.

It could be a single person in the process that can cause weeks of delays.

But yes, when companies become larger, money begins to play a much larger role.

this is common knowledge, though.

I've only order from airsoft GI anyway.

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »
I won't ever order from Airsoft GI again. I gave them a second chance and they messed up worse than any retailer I've ever experienced.

Offline BeachsideCorpse

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:08 AM »
My package has been in the packing process for three days, ordered a G&G SOC 16, a hi-cap m14 mag, and two mid-cap m14 mags.

I also work in shipping and know that the process from pulling your shit from inventory to putting it in a decently packed box does not take this long unless something has been completely fucked up.

Anyway, if anyone actually wants to pick my brain on the subject, ask me in person.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 03:40:05 AM »
Quote from: "bowser4848"
I won't ever order from Airsoft GI again. I gave them a second chance and they messed up worse than any retailer I've ever experienced.

That's unfortunate. I still haven't had any serious problems with them. I order, the order comes. Sometimes stuff is out of stock, and that sucks... but no real problems. They haven't sent me a box full of dead babies or anything like that... and they're cheaper than any of the local shops. I wish every online retailer had better inventory programs and such, but airsoft gi isn't amazon yet. lol. and neither is evike.

Offline Kevin

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »
When I posted about it taking 5 days - what I mean is that Evike had it in the "packaging" phase for 5 days.

It took another several days in transit to arrive.  I did get the order complete - but I was commenting on the fact that it took 5 days to pull the order from inventory- and place into a box.  All items were reported as in stock.  I emailed them, and they stated it was all in stock, and would probably ship that day, or the next day, but I had to wait an additional 3 days after that for it to actually get packaged and shipped.

I too work, develop, manage, and have created an e-commerce company (toolup.com) that sells hundreds of orders a day.  And we do have messups ourselves.  But over 90% of our orders, and more close to 95% of them actually ship within 24 hours of being ordered.  

If there is a backordered item, that could cause a problem.  And I do understand that sometimes inventory on the website may be off.

But 5 days to box up my order?  No - I don't think I am being a crybaby.  Just reporting that it took 5 days to box my order and ship it.  If I actually take into account that I ordered on Late Friday, it would actually be 7 days.  But I understand that their shop doesn't pack and ship Friday night or Sat or Sun.

Kev

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
the lack of service there is shit. we all work for customers at some point or another - when it comes down to ordering an item on internet and it says it's in stock - it should be in stock.. period they should have people managing their website. and when they can't even give you the correct answer about whether or not they do have your item in stock.. something is straight f'd there.. never again to asgi or evike. 5 DAYS in a "process" status is a steaming load.. they need to get their shit together.

go to AEX or better yet order it through Ron @ Gearbox at least that way you know you'll be speaking with someone you know who gives a damn.