Author Topic: Thinking of getting a pistol  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Rd maul

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Call your Shots!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of getting a pistol
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »
I just ordered a TM MK23 Socom NBB, should be here soon. Once I get it I'm gonna do a review of it. I've read quite a few reviews saying this gun is pretty silent and reliable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline axisofoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
Quote from: "Rd maul"
I just ordered a TM MK23 Socom NBB, should be here soon. Once I get it I'm gonna do a review of it. I've read quite a few reviews saying this gun is pretty silent and reliable.

Extremely quiet, especially with the included foam filled suppressor.
We had a guy that ran one, when he shot people, a lot of times they didn't realize that anybody was shooting, so they weren't sure if they had actually been hit.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 04:53:00 AM »
Quote from: "axisofoil"

We had a guy that ran one, when he shot people, a lot of times they didn't realize that anybody was shooting, so they weren't sure if they had actually been hit.
Just remember guys, this is still a felony if you somehow manage to get caught and catch a cop in a bad mood.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

Just remember guys, this is still a felony if you somehow manage to get caught and catch a cop in a bad mood.

Very true, IF you don't have a tax stamp for it. and IF it actually reduces the sound by at least 1dB. (I'm not entirely sure it did reduce it by 1dB, it's extremely quiet without it also... I didn't do any tests though.) You'd have to get a judge that's in a bad mood to get to the point where you'd see a Jury, and you'd have to get a super-dickhead group of Jurors to convict you. Still, I'm sure it's a giant hassle that nobody wants to deal with. Also, I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but full-auto on airsoft guns, while they're still marginally defined as airsoft guns... doesn't that also require a separate tax stamp (and/or a title 2 receiver <-- I think that's what it's called. I'm definitely running at/slightly past my limit of this knowledge though)

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

Very true, IF you don't have a tax stamp for it. and IF it actually reduces the sound by at least 1dB. (I'm not entirely sure it did reduce it by 1dB, it's extremely quiet without it also... I didn't do any tests though.) You'd have to get a judge that's in a bad mood to get to the point where you'd see a Jury, and you'd have to get a super-dickhead group of Jurors to convict you. Still, I'm sure it's a giant hassle that nobody wants to deal with. Also, I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but full-auto on airsoft guns, while they're still marginally defined as airsoft guns... doesn't that also require a separate tax stamp (and/or a title 2 receiver <-- I think that's what it's called. I'm definitely running at/slightly past my limit of this knowledge though)

Airsofter1 knows the answer to your latter question because if I remember correctly, AEG's neither fall under airguns nor guns.

The TM MK23 type suppressor WILL reduce the DB rating a good amount. Even a 200mm aluminum mock suppressor that is empty will reduce the sound. It's just a single baffle though so it is limited. I have put quite a few "mock" suppressors though customs lately. Most have been opened up and inspected but none have been confiscated and when I spoke with the ATF and NFA neither really were too concerened.

You'd have to get a judge that's in a bad mood to get to the point where you'd see a Jury, and you'd have to get a super-dickhead group of Jurors to convict you. Still, I'm sure it's a giant hassle that nobody wants to deal with.

Dude, people have been convicted as sexual predators because they were drunk and took a piss in their own front yards..Don't think the system won't fuck you! :mrgreen: