Author Topic: Damn the ATF  (Read 2311 times)

Offline mini-support

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Damn the ATF
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
Playing devils advocate as the owner of some realistic replica airsoft guns, the guns that were seized were Gas blowback M4. They are very realistic and talking to a officer friend of mine could be very easily mistaken for a real firearm. You put the two side-by-side and there is much difference.
 I can see where the ATF is coming from. On the same note it doesnt make it right. The metals used in the GBBR vs. a real m4 are totally different. If they were to get a .223 round to chamber, even with a real barrel, the reciever would explode before the bullet would make it down the barrel. My 2 cents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 08:36:10 AM »
Well sure they are realistic, which is what the manufacturers are going for when they make them.  However, the incompetence of the ATF is very apparent in this situation because of "selective ignorance" to some of the basic laws of physics.  Not to mention the fact that one of them couldn't even insert a magazine properly in one as a demonstration...
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline clay

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
The reporter says "I asked the ATF spokesperson if The ATF believes that these toys can be converted to deadly weapons that fire ammunition, and the ATF spokesperson did not answer that question". what i just quoted is possible obvious evidence of the ATF 'spokesperson' being someone who simply resents all and everything that even remotely resembles a firearm,therefore not answering the question in some slimy rat act to try and push the chance of a ban. The "officials" obviously dont know what the hell theyre talking about, especially when refrencing airsoft guns to machine guns, and class 3 weapons. No worries. Itll be these ATF official clowns VS 100s of thousands of people who know way more about airsoft then the freakin ATF does.