Author Topic: New Guy Information Wanted  (Read 1077 times)

Offline uwanaugoda

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/uwanaugoda
New Guy Information Wanted
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
Whats up guys? Iv been lurking around this forum for years, I use to have an old account but it was eventually forgotten. I go by uwanaugoda pretty much everywhere I go.

So Basically im looking for information here, occasionally when I make a trip to Gear Box Airsoft they will have fliers of games. My question is, is there ever any weekend games or games every other weekend? The only games I ever see is rebel union 18+. Im 16, and use a GBB. I originally started with a Classic Army AEG, but I got sick of my back yard games being ruled by whoever can unload the fastest. So I set to change the game with a GBB. My backyard games were eventually dissipated due to lack of players (4-6). For years I was on this site looking for matches to play in, and never found 1. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I just want to make sure there are games out there before I make yet another several hundred dollar order...

I really don't want to make a trip to my local paintball field, and have to deal with them as we play too.

Thanks, Ben
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy Information Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
ben, a new venue has just opened in the east valley. it is located on val-vista and baseline, which is right off of the us-60.

for some information and specifics i advise you to visit the "vipairsoft" link in my signature.

also, your GBB might be a bit impractical for this venue, with the imposed velocity limits and general nature of the cqb-orientated set up. i would suggest getting something a bit smaller!

welcome to AA :)
see you space cowboy...

Offline uwanaugoda

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/uwanaugoda
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:44:29 PM »
I never considered an indoor CQC before. If i wanted to do that I would have to heavily modify my CA, or my GBB. What are your thoughts on putting a velocity reducer flash hider on my GBB? I know its not conventional, but the challenge is half the fun  :D .

Offline hendersen

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »
Quote from: "uwanaugoda"
Whats up guys? Iv been lurking around this forum for years, I use to have an old account but it was eventually forgotten. I go by uwanaugoda pretty much everywhere I go.

So Basically im looking for information here, occasionally when I make a trip to Gear Box Airsoft they will have fliers of games. My question is, is there ever any weekend games or games every other weekend? The only games I ever see is rebel union 18+. Im 16, and use a GBB. I originally started with a Classic Army AEG, but I got sick of my back yard games being ruled by whoever can unload the fastest. So I set to change the game with a GBB. My backyard games were eventually dissipated due to lack of players (4-6). For years I was on this site looking for matches to play in, and never found 1. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I just want to make sure there are games out there before I make yet another several hundred dollar order...

I really don't want to make a trip to my local paintball field, and have to deal with them as we play too.

Thanks, Ben

we all play wed nights and sat night/day   cowtown is opened to airsoft only on Wednesday nights and every other weekend it is completely reserved for airsoft. also the days that there are paintballers we use the other fields there are 6 all together
it has been proven in history that for a group to survive its government must be over thrown from time to time. my fear is that this will come to our lands way to soon.

Frank Herbert   1972

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »
Quote from: "uwanaugoda"
I never considered an indoor CQC before. If i wanted to do that I would have to heavily modify my CA, or my GBB. What are your thoughts on putting a velocity reducer flash hider on my GBB? I know its not conventional, but the challenge is half the fun  :D .

i would recommend putting a little bit of money into a dedicated CQC set up.. find a platform you are comfortable with, and roll with it! there are endless CQC oriented variants of the popular M4 platform, there are also endless SMG and pistol's to choose from.. both gas, and electric

personally, i prefer the P90 for CQC. you get the short design, with the benefits of an AEG.. the only downfall that jumps to mind is the magazines, but airsoft costs money just like anything else in life!

also, you can rent all the gear needed to play at the VIP arena, that is another thing to keep in mind.. you can come out and try the place out without dumping money into a new setup that you might not even want to use if you decided CQC type games aren't your style.

if you want to discuss weapon platforms some more, shoot me a PM. i'll also answer any other questions about vanguard's venue, or anything else you are interested in
see you space cowboy...

Offline WOLFSPEC

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »
I have lost of gun parts and a few guns for sale. You may want to look at what I have, you will be able to get some good deals on things depending what you want to piece together..

Let me know and I can get you a link with a few pics of what I have....

Offline Rako

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »
This topic could help you with where to play: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26822
"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne