Author Topic: come tour the beautiful Central Highlands  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Wolfsbane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
come tour the beautiful Central Highlands
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »
Who's up for games around Prescott, White Spar, Skull Valley, the Bradshaws, Mingus Mountain or the Verde Valley ?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:25:57 PM by Wolfsbane »

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
Re: come tour the beautiful Central Highlands
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
I'd definitely like to get up there to play again. I really enjoy the terrain up there. Time to plan is a must though with work and the distance to travel.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »
It's that 3.00/gallon gas thing. Love playing up there, though.

Is that indoor CQB Simunition joint still in business?
Chip
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline WOLFSPEC

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »
I'm down.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »
Mooncruiser - Yes, RTTS is open, doing well, recently redecorated for the holidays, I hope to have some new video soon, the powderballs are rarely employed but definitely still available. Most players lately have been .68 speedballers but I'm hoping (as Dreadnought Adventures) to get some specialty tournaments going with Bill.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:42:57 PM »
I'm told that we're having a big game at Mingus this coming Saturday, the 22nd of January 2011.

"Take 89A towards the base of Mingus Mtn. Once you pass the yavapai fairgrounds entrance the area is 6 miles further. The road is Junction 151 (The road to the girls school) There are two yellow bulldozers parked where we will be parking (The bulldozers are right off the road) If you have any more questions hit me up. Thanks, Garrett Rozendaal." This had been described as a D-day themed game, originally planned for New Years but delayed by the storm.

I'll be there to play and especially to document the game for Network Airsoft, where lately all the hoopla has been from Scotland, Poland, and Chile - they're my friends but hey, America's got game !

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »
Quote from: "Wolfsbane"
I'm told that we're having a big game at Mingus this coming Saturday, the 22nd of January 2011.

"Take 89A towards the base of Mingus Mtn. Once you pass the yavapai fairgrounds entrance the area is 6 miles further. The road is Junction 151 (The road to the girls school) There are two yellow bulldozers parked where we will be parking (The bulldozers are right off the road) If you have any more questions hit me up. Thanks, Garrett Rozendaal." This had been described as a D-day themed game, originally planned for New Years but delayed by the storm.

I'll be there to play and especially to document the game for Network Airsoft, where lately all the hoopla has been from Scotland, Poland, and Chile - they're my friends but hey, America's got game !

For anyone concerned, I have been told that this game does not have safety rules.

Anyways, Mile High Airsoft has games every Saturday in the forests around Prescott.

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:34:32 AM »
How does one get info on these games hosted by Mile High Airsoft? Myself, along with several others I run with would like to get up to the high country in the near future.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline Wolfsbane

• Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 07:15:50 PM »
Great to hear that the Mile High team is still rolling. I thought you had moved on to the military Dan ! A coworker of mine, an ERU guy, left Lockheed for the Army, looking to pilot helo's on the front-lines, but he broke his hip early in the training ... nearly got cut, but he's recovered and is recycling at this time.

Latest word from the organizer,

Starts at promptly 11am
earliest is 10:30-45AM
There is a safety briefing
There is no Chrono (Its an large field, the shooting distance is covered in the safety briefing)
The Game ends when battery life ends.

Some of the basic rules I'll be covering are:
-there are very young and in-experienced players that have to get mercy
 -20ft shooting limit
-No profanity or references will be tolerated
-Any disrespect will result in immediate ejection
- We are going to be dealing with players from all age and experience levels so there is no mocking

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
Quote from: "hdrox88"
How does one get info on these games hosted by Mile High Airsoft? Myself, along with several others I run with would like to get up to the high country in the near future.

email milehighairsoft@gmail.com, or PM me.

We are a university-run team, so we can't let anyone under 18 join in the games.
We also follow strict safety rules... you break them, you leave and are asked not to return. They just aren't optional when there is a large organization that is somewhat affiliated with you. Meeting TAC Chrono limits, ansi z87.1-2003 or better eyewear, and good sportsmanship are all necessary to play with us.

Also, we reserve the right to ask both individuals, as well as groups of players not to join us. <- Just a disclaimer... we have fun when we play by ourselves, we don't charge entrance fees, so we don't owe you anything. If you make it so we don't have a good time, you don't get to play with us. ;)

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:04 PM »
Hey Guys,
I've modified the rules for the event (I'm the Curator of the event) I just copy and pasted the rules out of my word document so the CAPS words are intended for other eyes (NEWBS)
The rules are made to pertain to the players who dont know any better so dont take offense.

1)   No Shots Will Be Taken Under 20ft of Range
2)   No excessive shooting ( If you continue to shoot once a person has called out you will be ejected from the round)
3)   Honesty is of complete importance. Kill shots are in the chest, back and head areas, if you are shot in the areas explained you must call hit and report to the dead zone. If you are shot and you do not call hit the shooter has permission to call you on the hit or shoot you again. If word has it that you continue to cheat or be dishonest you will be ejected from the game.
4)   Younger players must be treated with extreme respect and mercy.
5)   No profanity or references will be tolerated. If word gets back to me that you use anything dirty, or unpleasing you will sit out.
6)   Respect players of all ages, no matter what gun, dress, or equipment they have.
7)   Do not stray to far from the field, there are mountain lion, small cat, coyote, and skunks around the area.
8)   Treat your teammates with complete respect and loyalty, NO AWOL, DESERTING, OFFENDING, NAME CALLING, OR LEAVING YOUR ASSIGNED POST WITHOUT TELLING YOUR OTHER TEAM-MATES.
9)Any AEG over 450 must be kept on semi-
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Wolfsbane

• Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »
Some of our players, young to seasoned ...

you can see this event had the whole spectrum of players, some hard-core, some little more than first-timers ...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:02:15 PM by Wolfsbane »

Offline Wolfsbane

• Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »
a crowd gathers,

queuing up to set the three teams for the day ...

Garrett tried to balance firepower and experience between the teams

Offline Wolfsbane

• Corporal
  • Network Airsoft - RIP
    • View Profile
    • Dreadnought Adventures
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »
I'm still working on getting the video made, in chunks, the longest piece so far can be seen at ...
http://www.networkairsoft.com/video/prelude-to-battle-jan-22-2011?xg_source=activity

(anybody can join Network Airsoft, I'm one of the Moderators there BTW)

Offline WOLFSPEC

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
After watching that video, saw a contradiction. The whole shooting under 20 ft. rule, but two players may duke it out if no surrender....?  You either enforce the rule ONE way or the other....

Not to mention 85 different camoflauge being worn...running pants too? lol [smilie=armata_pdt_28.gif]