Author Topic: Reloading  (Read 4438 times)

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Reloading
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 11:38:53 PM »
That's actually one of my favorite things about the gear, is it's always changing and evolving to fit my changing needs and play styles.

As far as leg/thigh rigs go, I actually use a left handed drop leg holster for my sidearm, as it cuts down considerably the amount of weight on my vest, and it's hard to find a left handed crossdraw vest anyways. The dropleg does sway a bit from side to side when I sprint, but I've gotten used to it. Having that on 2 legs however... Probably won't be so comfortable for me, so I guess I'll just stick with a belt mounted drop pouch or something of the sort.

Anyways thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll have a lot of experimenting to do with my new M4 mags and L96 sniper rifle at Fort Adobe next weekend!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
I used to like drop leg platforms, but they were always restrictive of both blood flow and movement. I have since put everything on my chest or belt platform. It is beneficial to make a habit of tactical reloading. If I have the time I will even refill the mags and put them back in my pouches. I haven't seriously run my M4 in a while but when I did, I liked having a dump pouch.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
I used to like drop leg platforms, but they were always restrictive of both blood flow and movement. I have since put everything on my chest or belt platform. It is beneficial to make a habit of tactical reloading. If I have the time I will even refill the mags and put them back in my pouches. I haven't seriously run my M4 in a while but when I did, I liked having a dump pouch.
That's kind of what I though about the drop leg holster at first, but I was so determined to use it that now having it there is no problem. :P

What do you currently run if you don't use your M4 much anymore?

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
I have run either my Fal, AK but mostly my SAW/PKM and for that I just have velcro flapped pouches with bags of bbs.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline airsoftguy01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 03:49:11 PM »
Are we really having a discussion about reloading airsoft magazines?

If you want a dump pouch, Raith has one for sale in his thread for $25..it's nice and big and has a drawstring closure at the top..just close it enough to where you can still slip a mag in..

Offline G1zm0

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sg12.org/Roster_files/G1zm0.htm
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »
Quote from: "Toast"
Put it low at your 4 o'clock if you're right handed.

I have to slightly disagree with this. I am right handed and I dont like taking my hand off the pistol grip. I suggest putting it on your left side at your 7-8 o'clock position.

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
Quote from: "G1zm0"

I have to slightly disagree with this. I am right handed and I dont like taking my hand off the pistol grip. I suggest putting it on your left side at your 7-8 o'clock position.

Oops. That's what I meant.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
Quote from: "G1zm0"

I keep mine right at 3-o'clock. I've never had problems with removing my hand from the pistol grip though. I only use the grip to rest my trigger-hand, not support the gun... that's what my handguard gets used for, to push my gun into my shoulder.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:24 PM »
Quote from: "airsoftguy01"
Are we really having a discussion about reloading airsoft magazines?I
I was curious to see what methods different players utilize for different gear.

I usually keep my hand on the pistol grip when I reload, especially since I use a vertical foregrip. That's why I wish my mag pouches were on the other side of my vest... Makes reloading a bit more of a pain. A dump pouch might help though, I'll look into possibly getting one soon.

On topic but on a slightly different note, I've always wondered this.... Has anyone actually had to reload a box mag (like for an M249) mid-game? : P

Offline BreechUnClear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 12:11:08 AM »
circle k bags usually work, just tie the top ends of the bag to your rig and your GTG!  [smilie=armata_pdt_12.gif]  

In sight of realism and use, having a normal dump pouch in my opinion is the best way to go, you can cram a ton of gear into them.

Offline TheBoy988

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560727808
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 02:50:11 AM »
Quote from: "airsoftguy01"
Are we really having a discussion about reloading airsoft magazines?

I think this is a perfect example of a question a new player should ask. Most people don't realize they should have their magazines placed in their pouches a certain way. There is a lot of information people can learn for a thread like this, both newbie and veterans alike. I'm only aware of the beer can and index finger method to reloading. There has to be other was to reload i don't know about.

Quote from: "BreechUnClear"
circle k bags usually work, just tie the top ends of the bag to your rig and your GTG!  [smilie=armata_pdt_12.gif]  

In sight of realism and use, having a normal dump pouch in my opinion is the best way to go, you can cram a ton of gear into them.

Circle K bags will work just fine till they hit a branch or something but thats not a terrible idea really. They're free and might provide some insight to weather or not he wants a dump pouch or not.
"Don\'t fire and correct! Fire correctly!" - ME

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:42 AM »
Quote from: "xXmusicimpactXx"

On topic but on a slightly different note, I've always wondered this.... Has anyone actually had to reload a box mag (like for an M249) mid-game? : P

It's much quicker to just refill the box mag than too actually swap one out.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »

It's much quicker to just refill the box mag than too actually swap one out.
That depends on the box mag. The big green ones are easy to refill with bbs compared to swapping boxes. The smaller MAG boxes have a small slide covered hole similar to a hi-cap mag only smaller. 2500 rounds takes a long time to feed into that small hole.

I am another fan of the dump pouch. Mine is at the 8-9 o'clock position and mounted to my PC.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »
@TheBoy988 Thanks, maybe I'll try that out. I've actually found a great way to carry extra BBs on me as well; Mentos containers! They're like $2-$3 a piece, come with delicious gum :P, and can hold like 300 rounds. They stay sealed pretty well and are durable, and you can even get transparent ones. They work perfectly for quickly filling high caps or speedloaders- the size of the opening at the top is somehow perfect for those 2 tasks.

Man, a lot of people seem to use dump pouches. I'm starting to feel left out haha.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »
@TheBoy988 Thanks, maybe I'll try that out. I've actually found a great way to carry extra BBs on me as well; Mentos containers! They're like $2-$3 a piece, come with delicious gum :P, and can hold like 300 rounds. They stay sealed pretty well and are durable, and you can even get transparent ones. They work perfectly for quickly filling high caps or speedloaders- the size of the opening at the top is somehow perfect for those 2 tasks.

Man, a lot of people seem to use dump pouches. I'm starting to feel left out haha.

Mentos makes gum?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah dude, dump pouch, once you get one, you'll never do without again.
Similar in utility to a camelbak. You never know just how nice and invaluable a piece of equipment it is until you have one.