Author Topic: Motor Question  (Read 599 times)

Offline Nova

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Motor Question
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »
Here is question that I haven't been able to find answers for.

Background: I've been running an M150 spring and super torque stuff for 3 years in a semi-auto only gearbox.

I want to return to an M120, but my motor is a G&P M160 and I run an 11.1v lipo for fast trigger response. Is the M160  rated motor and the lipo too much for a (systema) M120 gearbox?

Question #2: Take a look at this picture: http://www.airsplat.com/Images/AC-UPI-SYS-GB.jpg

What do I do about the rear wiring? Is this gearbox meant to have a battery directly plugged into it? My old gearbox had a built in MOSFET.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Motor Question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
A. The motor will turn an m120 just fine.
B. The lipo will turn the motor fast enough to turn the m120 over just fine.
C. There is no problem with doing this with a low-power spring. You will be fine. It IS overkill for your needs, but will NOT kill your 'box.

Standard wiring has the battery plug straight into the wires. The trigger is simply a switch. One of those wires runs directly to the motor, the other goes to the trigger, across a gap that is closed when you pull the trigger, and down another wire to the motor. It's pretty darn close to the simplest DC circuit you could make. :D

Offline Nova

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Motor Question
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to drop to a 9.6v for practicality. Questions answered.