Author Topic: The Ghazni Experience May 28 - 29  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Marauders Airsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marauders.us
The Ghazni Experience May 28 - 29
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
MTT is coordinating a new type of immersive military simulation adventure unlike any event that we have hosted before.

The Ghazni Experience will invite participants to become part of Foward Operating Base Ghazni in Afghanistan for a weekend of military simulation.  Your adventure starts with training as one of three different units:

75 Alpha Explosive Ordinance Disposal
Special Operations Group Ghazni
Battle Group Alpha

Each unit will receive specialized training on Day 1 designed to prepare them for a series of night missions and more missions on Day 2 using airsoft equipment in a simulated urban combat environment complete with role players, military vehicles, mock IED's, and pyrotechnics.  Missions will include:

High Value Targe Raids
Quick Reaction Force Missions
Cordon and Search Missions

ABOUT THE GHAZNI EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR
The Ghazni Experience Coordinator has just returned from a six month deployment to FOB Ghazni, Afghanistan as part of an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit.  During the TDY, he participated in several high value target raids and over 100 combat missions with both US Army and Special Operations Units.

Admission
MTT Annual Pass Owners $60
General Public $100 (Admission includes an MTT Season Pass Valid until Dec. 31, 2011)

Equipment Requirements for 75 Alpha Ordinace Disposal and Special Operations Group Ghazni
Uniform - ACU or Multi Cam, Helmet, and Boots
Sealed Eye Protection
Chest Rig or Plate Carrier
Hydration Carrier
AEG < 375 FPS with .25 bb's (M4 or Similar)
Non Winding Magazines
Tactical Flashlight
FRS Radio

Equipment Requirements for Battle Group Alpha
Uniform - ACU or Three Color Desert, Boots, Boonie Hat or Helmet
Sealed Eye Protection
Chest Rig or Plate Carrier
Hydration Carrier
AEG < 375 FPS with .25 bb's (M4 or Similar)
High Cap Magazines Allowed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Ghazni Experience May 28 - 29
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Frequently asked questions about the Ghazni Experience

Q: Are there any age requirements for the event?
A: The Ghazni Experience is open to participants 15 and up. EOD and Special Operations Group spaces are reserved for participants 18 and up.

Q: Who will the US Forces be operating against?
A: MTT OPFOR and role players will serve as civilians, Taliban, and Afghan militia units.

Q: Can I sign up to participate as a role player or OPFOR?
A: Participants who would like to serve on the OPFOR must complete the MTT OPFOR program.

Q: How will this event be different from other MTT Adventures?
A: This event will be an immersive event that will run continuously for over 24 hours. Once the training is completed on day 1, participants will live in a functional FOB complete with security, quick reaction forces, and military vehicles.

Q: What will the wounding rules be?
A: The event will use a new system that requires wounded participants to be evacuated from the battlefield. Wounded troops will be required to stand down for different times depending on the wound (30 minutes - 2 hours)

Q: Do I really have to have the required equipment?
A: To preserve the military simulation experience, participants will be required to have all equipment on the list.
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

Offline HiRez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
A season pass with admission to what already sounds like an epic game! hell yes!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »
Registration is now open at Gearbox Airsoft in Tempe and at The Command Post in Phoenix.

Participants can reserve a space with a $20 deposit at either location and pay the balance at the event.

Please note that spaces on the Explosive Ordinance Disposal and SPEC Op unit are reserved for participants 18 and up.

Spaces on Battle Group Alpha are reserved for ages 15 and up.

Offline BoneMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
This concept sounds really great.  Dealing with milsims that lose the feeling of objectives and keep turning into team deathmatches is getting old.  Running missions against a roleplay opfor sounds like what I've really looked for in airsoft.  Not sure yet if I can make this one because of the dates, but glad to see this concept and hope to see more like it, perhaps 1 days.  I would definately be a supporter of this style of milsim. I give a big BZ for the concept.

Offline Sebasman2

• Private First Class
  • Do you even OPERATE?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/rtrollington
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »
I'm absolutely going to this.
I have two questions, though. For the Spec Op team, would I need a PASGT/MICH helmet, or would a decent bike helmet painted matte tan work as well?
Also, what would constitute a tactical flashlight?

Offline Drew W.

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »
Howdy MTT,

Please count Drew W. down as one of the OPFOR / Civilian / Afghan roleplayers.  I have not sent my costume pictures in to you yet, so I have yet to recieve a Tier rating.  

Rest assured, I'm putting the finishing touches on my costume (and getting a cheapo AK-47 from the internet), and I will have all of them done and submitted well ahead of the game date.

I can't wait to finally put the OPFOR training program to good use.

For those of you that don't know, this event will be the first that fully utilizes the above-mentioned training in its entirety.  

For OPFOR, it means we get to perform some very interesting techniques that actually provide a storyline, as well as simulate an enemy / indiginous population that actually ACTS the part of a guerilla force / local afghanistanis (rather than OPFOR that act like a Ranger Platoon).

For the honored guests / Western military forces:  It means you get to experience the full deal:  Guerilla ambushes, interacting with civilians, fighting within a lived-in-village.  Not to mention the awesome pyrotechnics, military vehicles, and IEDs.

The training provided prior to the missions is worth the price itself, as you get to learn applicable tactics, and apply them to airsoft.

One final note:  The Coordinator who just returned from Afghanistan as an EOD Technician, is the brother of the MTT Staff (Mike, Victor, and Ziggy Simpson).  He's been greatly missed, and this'll be a great opportunity to throw him a welcome back event.  He's earned it.

Anywho, sign up for this event guys.  It's more than worth the price tag.  See you there.

~ Drew W.
~ Drew "StudMuffin" W.

My Obsession Collection:
- CA G36C AEG
- G&G M4A1 AEG
- DE M3 Shotgun (Tri-Shot)
- DIY RPG Launcher (PVC Pipe + Caulk Gun)

Offline claymore

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
this event looks legit. i just wished it wanst the same days as lion claws

Offline HWG-Victor

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »
The event has been moved to November 12 and 13 of this year to allow Marauders enough time to better prepare and develop this unique event.

Offline claymore

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
hell yea then. ill be there

Offline rugger_rj

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
This looks sooo frickin legit!  =P~   I'm glad they're allowing more time to prepare, cause I'll definitely be there!  [smilie=armata_pdt_12.gif]
These things we do THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE