Author Topic: M14 miniproject  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Richthofen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Re: M14 miniproject
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:30 PM »
Quote from: "stealthmaster14"
Quote from: "Richthofen"
Echo 1 STAG-15 A4
6.03MM Tightbore
m120 Spring
Polycarb piston and piston head
Systema Bushings
New Air seal nozzle
Steel spring guide

Would that work out well? Any other things i should get upgrade wise?

What barrel?  For 6.03mm, Madbulls are great.  If you can spend a bit more, Prometheus are nicer.  You might not see much of a performance difference between the two, the Prometheus will just have a longer lifespan since it's SS.  You can still put plenty of rounds through a Madbull though.  (it's not like it needs to be replaced every 40,000 rounds)

I know the JG Enhanced models come with metal bushings, not sure about the E1s.  I would think they do. You might check which size bushings the E1s come with if they are nylon.  

Keep the stock piston and piston head.  If the stock piston is the creme colored one, then it is very durable.    Just make sure the AOE is adjusted. Piston head is good too, you may just need to replace the O ring with a #14.  

A bearing spring guide is a good idea.  It should have a metal spring guide stock, but replacing it with a bearing one is a good idea.  Or keep the stock spring guide and add a bearing piston head.  (Element POM/Red piston heads are great)  

New nozzle is always a good idea.  Stock clone nozzles typically are leaky.  

Reshim and regrease the gears too while you are at it.

so basically out of that list all i need are the tbb, spring, airseal nozzle, spring guide, and a shim job?

1 x   ICS M120 spring   $14.00
1 x   ECHO 1 STAG-15 A4 Rifle Airsoft Gun   $175.00
1 x   Modify Nozzle for M4/M16   $12.00
1 x   Echo 1 / Modify Version 2 Spring Guide with Bearings   $13.00
1 x   MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Inner Barrel for M16   $35.00
Sub-Total:   $249.00
Free UPS Ground Shipping (For orders of $100.00 or more ($2.75 Handling Fee)):   $2.75
Discount Coupons:50ktv:   -$32.37
Total:   $219.38
Free Shipping saved:   $11.72
Total Savings for shopping with Airsoft GI:   $44.09

lmao id say that is a good price :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »
i believe that the e1 m16s will have a m120 stock. Also i would buy a bravo oring air nozzle instead of the modify, and a double oring cylinder head (Try and get bravo to match the air nozzle, non silent type). And you forgot to tack on your shims and bucking and nub. It may have a madbull blue bucking stock though.
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha

Offline Richthofen

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
Quote from: "icorus16666"
i believe that the e1 m16s will have a m120 stock. Also i would buy a bravo oring air nozzle instead of the modify, and a double oring cylinder head (Try and get bravo to match the air nozzle, non silent type). And you forgot to tack on your shims and bucking and nub. It may have a madbull blue bucking stock though.

the fps is only 330 advertised so i doubt m120

edit: Gi doesnt have a bravo oring nozzle and dont sell individual nubs...nubs that come with bucking work ok?

Offline icorus16666

• Thieving Bastard
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
so yeah buy the 120 then and you can try other sellers than just ASGI. Ron at gearbox may have some left.  I my self have one  it seals very well for the price. And you can get a shs nub and systema bucking from websites
bet you mofo's wish your sig could do this. haha

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 04:23:39 PM »
I would suggest just getting an Enhanced JG M16 since they are cheaper, but they are out of stock.  (unless of course you like the Stag Arms trades)  

Air leaks between the cylinder and cylinder head can usually be fixed by teflon tape.  I have a JG cylinder head that seals perfectly with an SRC type 0 cylinder once I added teflon tape.

Ehobbyasia.com is great for buying parts.  (just for future reference)

E1s usually come with Madbull blue buckings, so there really isn't a reason to swap it out.  

It depends on the model, but some E1s chrono at like 430, while others are in the 350 fps area.  I would say 350 is probably the minimum for their armalite models.    

I would imagine you could get close to 380 fps out of the stock spring if you fix the compression.  (if the come with an M110)  

I would say keep the stock spring (unless it shoots over 400 fps).  

Systema and Guarder air nozzles seal with well with JG cylinder heads in my experience.  Modify is similar to Guarder (they might even have the same OEM), but I haven't used one.  If you want to replace the cylinder head too, (I don't really see a reason too) then make sure it is the same brand as the air nozzle.  Mixing and matching brands for compression parts isn't always a good idea.  (as tolerances are different)  

Adding a sorbo  pad is a good idea since it will help correct the AOE and can prevent the shell from cracking.  

Spring guide should be fine.  When you get it, check to see if the shaft of the spring guide can be unscrewed.  If it can, I suggest adding super glue to the threads, then screw the shaft back on.  The shaft on my guarder spring guide almost unscrewed all the way one time.  Had I not caught it in time, it could have caused a lot of damage.

I used to be an SCS/Systema bucking fanboy.  However after some experimenting, I found the Madbull X/Fishbone nubs to be better.  

Because of the SCS design and material, it isn't very forgiving, so you get a lot of vertical deviation (because it's made of a hard material) and if it isn't sitting perfectly level, it screws up accuracy big time.  

The SCS would probably work a lot better if the mound inside the bucking was removed.  The SCS is good, but it's a bit too finicky in my experience.  It can be difficult to get it to work right and when it does, it's probably no better than a KWA 2G, PDI W hold bucking, or another "fin" type bucking.

Offline Richthofen

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »
Alright so if i get the upgrades and throw them in my stag arms should i run .25s? Think that would keep the FPS under 400-415? if not ill have to run .28s or go semi auto only.

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »
While heavier will lower the fps, they do not decrease the amount of joules (energy) from the shots.  In fact, using heavier bbs to bring the fps down if you are over a limit is more dangerous because they will be traveling faster and carrying more energy than lighter bbs. (at a certain distance)

FPS limits are for insurance reasons, safety, and they also prevent someone from having an unfair advantage on the field. Assuming both guns are tuned equally, a 430 fps with .2s AEG shooing .28s will have a range advantage over someone who has a 350 fps with .2s AEG that is running .25s.

So basically, either install a weaker spring or use semi-auto only.  

I'm not sure if you meant which weight of bbs should you use.  For a 380-400 fps gun, .25s at minimum.  Some people like .28s. Personal preference, but don't go lighter than .25 grams.  

I would say pick up a Guarder or Modify SP110 spring, as it will put you at around 370-400 fps.   (380 fps is about the norm from them)  That way if your stock spring is too hot, then you can swap it out.  (or if your stock spring is a bit weaker than you would like)

Offline Richthofen

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
I bought a m120 but I'm going to run .25 or .28 and that was the question i was asking. I want my bbs to get good accuracy and still be at 400 fps so which bb weight would lower me to just under 400fps with a m120 spring. But, since i got a new airseal nozzle and a tight bore barrel will i need to use .30s to get under 400?

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »
I bought a m120 but I'm going to run .25 or .28 and that was the question i was asking. I want my bbs to get good accuracy and still be at 400 fps so which bb weight would lower me to just under 400fps with a m120 spring. But, since i got a new airseal nozzle and a tight bore barrel will i need to use .30s to get under 400?

I still don't understand what you are asking.  

It seems to me that you are asking what weight of bbs will bring you under 400 fps if your gun shoots too hot.  Is that what you are asking?  Or are you just asking what weight of bbs you should use?  If so, I already answered that.  

If your gun shoots 400 fps with .2s, then .25s will bring it down to the 350-360 fps area.  .28s will bring it down to about 330-340 fps.  

.25s typically lower the fps about 40-50 fps.  .28s will lower the fps about 60-70 fps.

Offline Richthofen

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 11:28:25 AM »
Quote from: "stealthmaster14"

I still don't understand what you are asking.  

It seems to me that you are asking what weight of bbs will bring you under 400 fps if your gun shoots too hot.  Is that what you are asking?  Or are you just asking what weight of bbs you should use?  If so, I already answered that.  

If your gun shoots 400 fps with .2s, then .25s will bring it down to the 350-360 fps area.  .28s will bring it down to about 330-340 fps.  

.25s typically lower the fps about 40-50 fps.  .28s will lower the fps about 60-70 fps.

all i was asking is what bbs i should use if im going too hot as you said.

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »
If your gun is shooting too hot and is over the field limit, then you need to install a weaker spring, not increase the bb weight.