Author Topic: Ip sccompetition  (Read 929 times)

Offline falcor_43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MesaACC/
Ip sccompetition
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:43:29 PM »
Hi, my name is john Kennedy call sign falcor.
My main interest in airsoft is IPSC of IDPA competition.  Since I have begun with airsoft I have been working on building reactive targets.  I know have enough targets to stage a competition but no place to set them up, and no shooters, to come and compete.
I have been trying to set something up with Vanguard at their arena and it may happen yet.
If I get a date I will post it here with all the necessary information.
If there is anyone interested give me a call and I can probably set something up have you stop by the house and will we light up my home made shooting gallery.
You can check out my sight on yahoo to get a look at some photos of my target setups at  http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MesaACC/
I am an ex cop, xPPC competitor, ex weapons instructor, ex ipsec competitor and current airsoft competitor if I can recruit people to compete with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
Re: Ip sccompetition
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
Why not also encourage people to go to the real IPSC, IDPA, ACTS matches that happen locally?

This could be neat if done right, but it may develop some bad habits that don't translate into real shooting competition.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:47:58 PM »
I can't see an airsoft version being NEARLY as fun as an actual match... BUT, I can see it being used as a stepping stone to get people into real steel matches.

I won't be taking you up on the offer... like Ganef said, it will develop bad habits of not being ready for the recoil (being ready and anticipating are different), or lax safety precautions that, if carried over to a real steel match, could have devastating consequences. Or just make you look silly when you lose your grip on your firearm.

Offline falcor_43

• FNG
    • View Profile
    • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MesaACC/
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:39:24 PM »
All I can say is that airsoft is much much cheaper.  When I was competing I was firing 3 to 500 rounds a week, and I was reloading, and working a lot of overtime.
I find airsoft is making me faster.  I do faster target transition and trigger press much more controlled.
One of the best things is that I can have any target configuration that I might like.  I can be shooting steel challenge, IPSC or IDPA targets and stages copied from the Internet or TV.

My search for people who would like to try this is because it is always more fun to have someone to shoot against.

I always enjoyed the competition but frankly I can no longer afford to compeat with live ammo.

For those of you interested in force on force training or field and CQB games there is no better training.  In that I was a police weapons and tactics instructor I know a little about building clearing and small team tactics .And what the hell I just like to shoot.

Small note if you think airsoft would make you careless you need to work on your headset.  All weapons are loaded, any weapon pointed at anything you don't wish to destroy is the tragedy about to happen.

take care

falcor

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
Sounds like fun!  Keep us posted.

Im an operator....

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »
I shoot a lot (airsoft pistol) at home. It improves my draw speed with real steel, and is, of course cheap and practical.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team