Author Topic: The bolt on my l96 wont click  (Read 1876 times)

Offline gunny77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
The bolt on my l96 wont click
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
So whan I pull the bolt back on my l96 it doeant set like it should. It doest even click so I can shoot it. When I pull the bolt back it kinda forces itself .back ito the foward position. Help!
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The bolt on my l96 wont click
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
Your sears are probably worn out. Getting s new trigger box or replacing the sears should fix the problem.

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »
Your sears are probably worn out. Getting s new trigger box or replacing the sears should fix the problem.
where would i get new sears and how much do they cost?
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »
Asgi, airsoftatlanta, evike. They should run you about $30 for a pair. I think evike has a trigger box for not much more.

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:54:24 PM »
The trigger box in these guns is made of plastic. They can shatter while having good sears. Happened to me and I had to buy a complete trigger box. Those things are typically hard to find in stock too.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:53:47 AM »
well now thats just fantastic. How much does a new trigger box cost if I can find one

Offline DesertEagleLover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 07:26:17 AM »
Like 50 to 60

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »
i can get you the whole trigger mech, for 25, Or i can get you any brand of sears you want, 15 to 20 cheaper than anywhere said.

AAI gots you covered.

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:08:11 PM »
Is your gun a UTG / Well / Warrior L96? I have the UTG version. You need to first DETERMINE if the sears are actually broken before you order new ones.

The sears could actually be stuck because of loose screws on the trigger mech, or even loose screws that connect the trigger mech to the receiver.

Remove the trigger mech to see if the piston sear is broken or merely just stuck in the downward position. If it's just stuck, you could just re-pop it up, sand down any snags or deformities in the plastic, and probably lube it to make sure it doesnt' snag after the fact. Inspect the inside of the trigger box to to make sure there aren't snags on the trigger sear either. Then tighten all the screws.

I have an older gen UTG L96, from before they made the newer ones with "improved" trigger boxes. My sears / trigger mech never broke or malfunctioned, so the plastic trigger box isn't completely flimsy or worrisome. The force of the spring is supposed to be on the spring guide stopper, and thus, the receiver, more so than on the trigger box.

Like 50 to 60

50 to 60 for a new UTG MK96 trigger mech is a rip off. I think pyramid airsoft at one point had them for 12 bucks. Prices may have gone up over the months, but don't sink more than 20 bucks into a new trigger box. you'd be better off saving up for a v-trig or zero trigger.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:19:56 PM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »
Im not to technically handy with guns so I have no idea what I woyld be looking for with out someone next to me or unless someone looked at it for me. I have the newer gen utg shadow ops l96

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 09:31:58 AM »
Im not to technically handy with guns so I have no idea what I woyld be looking for with out someone next to me or unless someone looked at it for me. I have the newer gen utg shadow ops l96

Being a competent sniper / airsofter is all about knowing your gun. You can easily learn by looking up youtube videos, but I could also guide you as best I can in writing.

-Most L96's come in the box needing to be assembled (basically, screw the upper receiver to the stock). Reverse this, and separate your upper assembly (receiver, outer barrel, trigger, and internals) from your stock (the body of the gun), making sure that the screws are completely un-threaded before you pull. Make sure to gently guide the mag catch (attached to the outer barrel) if needed while separating the upper and lower assemblies.

If you are using a stock (read: all factory original parts) L96, then you can just remove the trigger mechanism without opening the cylinder. Simply pull up on the spring guide stopper (the metal bar in front of the actual trigger) slowly and straight, but don't pull it with the intent of completely removing it from the the box; just pull it out enough to get it free of the spring tension. It (the spring guide stopper) should wiggle or slide up and down more easily once it's cleared of the spring tension.

now you can simply remove the whole trigger mech by unscrewing it from the receiver. Make sure you don't loose any of those tiny screws.

Inspect the piston sear (this is the sear on the top of the trigger mech). If it's stuck down, see if you can pop it back up. Does it return to and stay in the upright position easily? It should rebound to the upright position

Look at the top trigger mech / box. That's what your trigger should look like, minus the spring guide stopper. The piston sear should be popped up by a tiny torsion spring inside the trigger mech (not visible in the picture). You could also check to see if that spring is broken or off alignment by opening the trigger mech (go slowly, because there are tiny springs inside trigger boxes).

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:40:29 AM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.