Author Topic: whats your all time favorite airsoft memory? or just in general  (Read 4561 times)

Offline gunny77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
whats your all time favorite airsoft memory? or just in general
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:46:48 PM »
me and a couple of my old paintball buddies were talking about some of our favorite past times at our turnememnts and stuff through out the years, and i was just wondering if anyone cared to share there favorite past times or memories. rather it be in airsoft or another sport or anything else. iv only been playing airsoft for a few moths, but played paintball for a long time.

id have to say my favorite past memory in airsoft was when i went and played at fightertown for the first time and i didnt tighten my belt all the way and i was running into the swat house and my pants fell down and i ate s**t. everyone standing around, including my self was laughing so hard they all fell to the ground.

in paintball there are just way to many to list over the last 10+ years.

if you would like, share your favorite memories. i know some of the people on here have been playing airsoft almost as long as iv been playing paintball. so you gata have something good to tell us.
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

SRHproductionz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: whats your all time favorite airsoft memory? or just in general
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
In my short time playing airsoft there was a pretty sweet "kill moment" we were playing out at mount ord and we had three team members within 5 feet of each other and we all noticed movement around the bush. before we knew it here comes a thunder B flying over head and it was one of those OH SH*T MOMENTS and before we knew it BOOM! all three of us dead.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:27 PM »

It was the first Red Dagger, it was around mid day, and the squad had sat down for lunch. We had soggy muffins for lunch because we left the container in the ice chest and didn't realize the ice would melt and get through the plastic. I had taken off my gear and sat under a tree, watching the team captains have a discussion down the road from us. The surrounding countryside was idyllic and peaceful, but then the serenity was interrupted when we heard gunshots and saw our team captains hauling ass back up the road towards us. Then I saw almost the entire enemy team and their hummvees start coming up the road. I grabbed my SAW and ran toward them, hoping to maybe slow them down while our leaders made it back. Of course with like 2 dozen guys with vehicles I didn't last very long.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 07:06:46 AM »
I can't help but laugh when I remember this one.

One time at Fightertown, I managed to launch a Nerf football over the fence they have and hit a guy in the staging area who had just shown up with his friend in the face, knocking off his shades.  Funny part was that the Nerf bounced under their truck after hitting the one guy, so neither he nor his buddy knew what hit him.  Luckly, he was a good sport about it, and we shared a laugh.

What I learned: Never disregard the warm-up effect on airsoft grenades.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 08:14:52 AM »
In my short time playing airsoft there was a pretty sweet "kill moment" we were playing out at mount ord and we had three team members within 5 feet of each other and we all noticed movement around the bush. before we knew it here comes a thunder B flying over head and it was one of those OH SH*T MOMENTS and before we knew it BOOM! all three of us dead.
I hate when that kinda stuff happens lol.

It was the first Red Dagger, it was around mid day, and the squad had sat down for lunch. We had soggy muffins for lunch because we left the container in the ice chest and didn't realize the ice would melt and get through the plastic. I had taken off my gear and sat under a tree, watching the team captains have a discussion down the road from us. The surrounding countryside was idyllic and peaceful, but then the serenity was interrupted when we heard gunshots and saw our team captains hauling ass back up the road towards us. Then I saw almost the entire enemy team and their hummvees start coming up the road. I grabbed my SAW and ran toward them, hoping to maybe slow them down while our leaders made it back. Of course with like 2 dozen guys with vehicles I didn't last very long.
Damn bro that sounds super intence. sounds like one of those rambo moments. Grab your gun and start running at them lol
No man is more free then the one who doesnt give a damn what society thinks about him

Offline QCA_Airsoft3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
Wasn't really the best more like the worst. I got shot in the nuts at vanguard. I haunt gone back since.

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »
ok, here comes the novel.
now after over 10yrs of playing i got more then i can tell (not that i havent tried, ill sit and talk airsoft all day, but some people have lives).
so here are some of the highlites.

when i first started playing i was a target, all i did was get shot (well mostly, i got some lucky shots here and there.), i did everything wrong. ran up to obsticles went/looked around them then pulled up my gun.
ran into rons spas12 from the other side of a barrel that way (point blank in the chest hurts when yur a noob). cant tell you how many times i left my leg hanging out from those same barrels just to get stiched up the inner thigh.
mike chaseing me up and down that field yelling at me to stay still he was tired of chaseing me while his lunch was getting cold out at the car.

my first lc i got my first kill 15feet off the ground in a tree. climbed up there to get a vantage point over the top of this hill. watched as the sniper/spotter team crawled up to a rock overlooking the slope. they fired 1shot and hit one of my squad. and then i opened fire. they never even saw me even though i was at eye level with them and out in the open on that branch, just kept shooting till they both put there hands up. of course 30sec later when 2 truckloads of alfa jumped out on the road directly accrossed from me i cut tracks. didnt think id make it very long in that possition with that many people coming at me.

the wash aka skunk creek is where i got the most of my memorys.
played a night game there a very long time ago with the addicts and a team from scottsdale called s.o.l.
sol was out numbered so i went on there team. thier team leader was my battle buddy. we low crawled way behind enemy lines then worked our way back to our team. i got like 8 kills that one run.
another night game i got a kill useing my laser unit on the p90. he wass so confused that someone was actualy useing a laser in a dusty eviro at night that he didnt think to shoot back before i shot him.

i just did a whole bunch of typeing and then the stupid timer on this computer ran out and it didnt post.
i dont feel like typeing it again. i might post them later.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:47:11 AM by spazz »
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline gunny77

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
Wasn't really the best more like the worst. I got shot in the nuts at vanguard. I haunt gone back since.
ya, thats never fun.
ok, here comes the novel.
now after over 10yrs of playing i got more then i can tell (not that i havent tried, ill sit and talk airsoft all day, but some people have lives).
so here are some of the highlites.

when i first started playing i was a target, all i did was get shot (well mostly, i got some lucky shots here and there.), i did everything wrong. ran up to obsticles went/looked around them then pulled up my gun.
ran into rons spas12 from the other side of a barrel that way (point blank in the chest hurts when yur a noob). cant tell you how many times i left my leg hanging out from those same barrels just to get stiched up the inner thigh.
mike chaseing me up and down that field yelling at me to stay still he was tired of chaseing me while his lunch was getting cold out at the car.

my first lc i got my first kill 15feet off the ground in a tree. climbed up there to get a vantage point over the top of this hill. watched as the sniper/spotter team crawled up to a rock overlooking the slope. they fired 1shot and hit one of my squad. and then i opened fire. they never even saw me even though i was at eye level with them and out in the open on that branch, just kept shooting till they both put there hands up. of course 30sec later when 2 truckloads of alfa jumped out on the road directly accrossed from me i cut tracks. didnt think id make it very long in that possition with that many people coming at me.

the wash aka skunk creek is where i got the most of my memorys.
played a night game there a very long time ago with the addicts and a team from scottsdale called s.o.l.
sol was out numbered so i went on there team. thier team leader was my battle buddy. we low crawled way behind enemy lines then worked our way back to our team. i got like 8 kills that one run.
another night game i got a kill useing my laser unit on the p90. he wass so confused that someone was actualy useing a laser in a dusty eviro at night that he didnt think to shoot back before i shot him.

i just did a whole bunch of typeing and then the stupid timer on this computer ran out and it didnt post.
i dont feel like typeing it again. i might post them later.
lol. i know exactly how you feel spazz.but when i first started paintballing in california as a noob i was just a big target for everyone. got a few lucky kills here and there. the best kills are the ones where you just start poppin off shots with no intentions of even getting a kill but you actually get one. especially as a little kid lol

Offline JD

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
One of my most memorable moments playing airsoft was during a large 3 team skirmish with about 40 players. Our team ended up battling it out pretty good, and finally took shelter in the trees just North of this large clearing. We were running low on most everything, and had to ditch most of our gear. We ended up climbing a few of the trees surrounding the clearing and laid pieces of gear all around the trail leading forward. It actually worked luring the leftovers towards our position among the pines, and on semi-auto were able to pick much of the last team off without them even knowing where it came from winning the match and some goodies. But then there was that time I ran around one of the sheds in the field so fast into a point blank m203 that I nearly crapped'em lol

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »
Pretty much all of Irene III, and the first 15min of Irene IV.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 09:51:01 AM »
if you would like, share your favorite memories. i know some of the people on here have been playing airsoft almost as long as iv been playing paintball. so you gata have something good to tell us.

By far, my most favorable memory of airsoft is The Battle of Prescottonia, this past summer. Even in the middle of the summer in AZ, the temperature in the nice, shady Prescott forest was a chilly 80 to 85°F. The field of play was perfect for me, in my ghillie suit with my L96 BASR. I almost took friendly fire to the face when an unaware teammate walked in my path and shot at me when he got startled.

I reached out and got the first (at least that I know of) kill of the day at 270 to 300 feet, with my second or third shot ( I know it was over 250 because of my sighting in at the AO earlier)

Near the end of the game, I tagged 4 or 6 baddies, and one of those shots was a miraculous "bank-shot" where the bb went off course (wind), and bounced off of a pine tree bough, back on target! (it was a wide angle of deflection, not some cartoonish 90° ricochet)

Then one of them walked right by me on the way to respawn, and heard him declare that the sniper hunt had begun  :P. So I retreated about 50 or 60 meters across a gorge and set up looking in the direction from the enemy respawn point. About 12 or 15 minutes later I saw the same guy (now respawned, on a sniper hunt) put his arm against a tree and turn his back to me. I took the shot, and heard him call out to his squadmate

"Whoa. Hey. I'm dying."
   "What?"
"Yeah, I got shot in the spine and I'm bleeding out."

Then I shot the squadmate, who furiously asked out loud:
   "Who just shot me?"
"Probably the same guy who shot me".

At this point, I was having a 10.0 giggle fit. I wished so hard that I had a head cam that day. I pulled out my stand alone camera and took a short video of me whispering

"I just killed four bad guys... they went on a sniper hunt and I retreated." I wanted to have something by which to remember the game, and more specifically, that moment of airsoft sniper bliss.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:47:16 AM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline Rockit

• Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
^That's a good one  ;D
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse

Offline HadalRaven.

• Corporal
  • "Raven"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
Wow, awesome stories everyone. Mine all fail in comparison to these but I'll post one for the sake of the topic. Probably the best memory I have was when me and all of my smart friends decided to go airsofting at a construction site at night  :-X, while it was raining, in the middle of town. We managed to park our cars, get our gear together, run across the parking lot, and hop the fence with all of our guns, unnoticed. There were several buildings, each of which had many different features including long hallways lined with doorways, ladders to the roof, and no windows. There were also trenches and piles of dirt outside. I remember getting teams together and setting up spawns in separate buildings. My friends liked to airsoft at night for some reason so this was a bit creepy especially walking through black hallways alone (and considering my friend came across a knife sticking out of a wall he was hiding behind, that freaked him out).

I don't remember too many details because this was such an adrenaline rush, but I do remember hiding in a trench outside of one of the buildings. There was a mound of dirt in front of me that I used for cover, and I lay there quietly, listening for people to come by while the rain lightly pattered around me. It was pretty peaceful, until I saw a silhouette moving around on the roof. I shot at it a few times and my bb's hit the metal siding of the roof making a loud banging. I calmly got up and moved to a different position.

Eventually I came into a room with a ladder in it. I decided it was a good idea to climb the wet ladder and reach the roof will all my heavy gear. So I climbed the ladder with one hand and the other holding my 80 pound M4 (it was ridiculous) and I made my way up the slippery ladder to the open hatch on the roof. It was pretty awesome up there, except I never located any enemies.

This was a pretty fun time, and I would not do it again. But good memories they are! We actually went back to the site 2 other times, but we ended up stopping when they were finishing it up.
Mazatzal Security Solutions

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »
Pretty much all of Irene III, and the first 15min of Irene IV.

bikes?

Offline kilmans ghost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant
  • Once more into the fray
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 08:26:16 PM »
i think that one was my bad. if it was with a pistol i felt so bad doing it.
Primary: S&T G36KV
Secondary: TM MP5K PDW
Sidearm: KWA HK45
With My Shield or on it. Eímai Axios. Getting back into it. I'm still in the fight.