Author Topic: I produce paintball scenarios, I would like to producing an airsoft scenario  (Read 3879 times)

Offline STeeCHfinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
What do you guys think?

I do the paintball scenarios at Fightertown. As far as game production, I have everything covered , refs , props, missions, etc. seeing as how paintball and airsoft scenarios have so much in common game wise, It should be just another day for me.

What i dont have is a knowledge of what airsoft players want in a game story wise. I know you guys like realism and milsim and all that, Is that it?
Do you like missions that have continuing objectives , or do you like missions where you do 1 objective and take a break, then do the next objective, and so on.

Are their general rules for airsoft or dose it vary with where you play?

Do you have generals? or do you use a smaller chain of command?

I have a million questions and no answers. I have played in Hundreds of scenarios nation wide and produced over a dozen. I have tons of props and can build more :) Help me help you!

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Well, refs don't really figure into airsoft. A lot of games are really some version of capture the flag. Keep in mind too that airsoft guns shoot farther than paintball, so there's more action from afar.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
alot of airsofters like milsim games  with strict uniform requirements and alot of people prefer scifi games
its hard to say what airsofters like.

normally a good game consists of good objectives, simple ones a that. all of the events i have attended where you have to collect a bunch of stuff to do an objective, the game just turns into a cluster fuck, with people all over just shooting each other and nothing getting accomplished. it tends to be alot easyer if you take one objective at a time.

i would just say use Intense storey lines to draw a bigger croud. If a game was able to use all of the fields at fighter town you could do a real-time game, where you have to have your ammo and all consumables on field, have a list of objectives to complete for both teams. and then have a Base for each team, to respawn, defend, or reload.

say like capture Area "north west gas station at 1100 hours for Ammo resupply via helo or somthing like that. and the oppasite team would have objective somthin like, Intel says a ammo dump will be dropped at "zone-A" or what ever at approxamatly 1100 hours, secure ammo dump and destroy all oppasition, and if you dont capture the ammo, then well your short on ammo untill another drop or somthing along thos lines. ammo would be hard tho lol, maby like Medical bandages for respawns or somthing

somthin like that i think would drawl alot of attention around here.

you could probably even charge a little more for compensation of keeping the paintballers off the fields for a day
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:38:07 AM by SLINKEY »

Offline DarrK

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
I'll shoot you all my notes for the STALKER: Hunting for a Black Box game so that you can see how it works out, especially in my mind. I just chose objectives for one team that seemed logical, then found a way for another team to respond. Everything is a flash point, if team X attacks here, then team Y responds by defending, etc. If team A needs to recon this area, then Team B needs to secure it.

Make sure all objectives conflict, so that it causes combat.

I'll send you the notes/paperwork I used, spread the knowledge!

Offline STeeCHfinger

• FNG
    • View Profile
I was gonna use refs as peace keepers and to be at objectives to sign off on mission cards, watch props, answer questions that may arise, stuff like that, Just make the game run smooth. I had talked with some guys at SC village last time I was their and they said thats how they did it. I thought it sounded like a good idea and would make parents feel way better about it.

Im even more curious and have even more questions ..lol

As far as getting every field @ Fightertown, Thats tuff on a sat or sun, It is a business and they have to have something open for the general public that is not interested in what we would be doing. But in the future with new stuff always being built, it is a possible that a game could be done using fields 1,2,and 3 or 1, and 2 with and extended field 1 out in the back.

I think the missions I have been writing for paintball should have been used for Airsoft.

Offline Dayton

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
I was gonna use refs as peace keepers and to be at objectives to sign off on mission cards, watch props, answer questions that may arise, stuff like that, Just make the game run smooth. I had talked with some guys at SC village last time I was their and they said thats how they did it. I thought it sounded like a good idea and would make parents feel way better about it.

Keep the Refs. Just like you said, somebody needs to be available to keep the peace, make sure people understand rules and respawn rules (and follow them). This is a common problem, people often forget or don't bother to understand respawn/medic rules.
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Better yet, dump the ref idea and keep the games 18+. Less cheating, and certainly less liability.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
Better yet, dump the ref idea and keep the games 18+. Less cheating, and certainly less liability.
that hurts. :'( . its like saying blacks cant swim, All Asians Are Geniuses, and all kids are cheating bastards. nah, i know what ya mean, theres alot of kids who i used to play with that cheat like hell, complain when the get shot and shit. it makes the game no fun. and then there are kids who dont cheat and bitch about everything....but thats a differnt story, and doesnt belong in this thread... but making it 16+ now thats a good game. lol.
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I'm with Chip on this one.

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
that hurts. :'( . its like saying blacks cant swim, All Asians Are Geniuses, and all kids are cheating bastards. nah, i know what ya mean, theres alot of kids who i used to play with that cheat like hell, complain when the get shot and shit. it makes the game no fun. and then there are kids who dont cheat and bitch about everything....but thats a differnt story, and doesnt belong in this thread... but making it 16+ now thats a good game. lol.
All ASIANS are Geniuses! Deal with it!

Offline STeeCHfinger

• FNG
    • View Profile

LOL thats to funny, I understand exactly what you are sayin but, I cant really restrict age. then you would start to see a decline in new players and thats what keeps all sports going. I thinks thats where the "refs" will come in handy. Personally if i see someone take a bb and keep playing,  im gonna walk right up and call them on it and have a no arguing with the ref policy. think of them as honesty enforcement officers.

Offline TangoAlpha30

• Corporal
    • View Profile
I personally want larger scale battles, with a chain of command calling the shots.

Offline Dayton

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

LOL thats to funny, I understand exactly what you are sayin but, I cant really restrict age. then you would start to see a decline in new players and thats what keeps all sports going. I thinks thats where the "refs" will come in handy. Personally if i see someone take a bb and keep playing,  im gonna walk right up and call them on it and have a no arguing with the ref policy. think of them as honesty enforcement officers.

Have refs carry guns, and shoot random people when they aren't paying attention. Easy way to tell when people aren't calling their hits.
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile

you could do a parent sponsor type thing where the only way a minor could play is if he has a parent player... that might be a bit better for what they want. its not fully 18+, but its getting closer.
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline DarrK

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
I'd say 16+ is generally a good rule, not be be biased, but it's really not the 17 year olds and 16 year olds causing the problems, it's th 14 year olds who don't call hits, and whine when they get shot.

The liability thing is the real issue though. That's why, even though I allow minors, they are all required to wear full face masks, not just goggles.