Author Topic: WE MEU 1911 magazine gas leak  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Sgt. Soap

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Echo 1 Stag-15 Custom
    • View Profile
WE MEU 1911 magazine gas leak
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »
i have quite a bit of magazines for my MEU SOC and im tired of buying new ones. Im on Evike buying parts taking advantage of this sale and i wanted to know what parts should i replace for magazine gas leaks?

Offline Terreus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: WE MEU 1911 magazine gas leak
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »
Buy some silicone oil. 90% of leaks can be fixed by lubricating the valves and seals.
EA is the great Satan of gaming

Offline Sgt. Soap

• Sergeant First Class
  • Echo 1 Stag-15 Custom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
okay, im also getting O-rings. Plus, my mags have bouncy rubber butt pads how do i fix that problem?

Offline Terreus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
You dont need new O-rings unless they're chewed up or cracked. Take the valves out to see.
EA is the great Satan of gaming

Offline Sgt. Soap

• Sergeant First Class
  • Echo 1 Stag-15 Custom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:58:10 PM »
You dont need new O-rings unless they're chewed up or cracked. Take the valves out to see.
what about those rubber butt pads?

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »
ill tell you exactly what to do.

if you have inspected the orings and there in perfect condition, Take them and get your self some Power steering fluid with o-ring restore. Should say it right on the front of the bottle.

Take a little cup, and pour a lil bit of power steering fluid with o-ring restore in the cup and drop ur orings in there, leave them there for 24 hours and then pull them out and then reinstall them. Ull notice they are harder to install, Because the oring restore caused them to swell.

Or you can take the easy route and get a dripper, and Drip like 4 or 5 drips into the top mag while your pushing the valve open on the back of the mag. let it sit for a few hours standing on the bottom, then flip it over and let it sit to get all the o-rings and seals.

Then after 24 hours of sitting, get your self some hot water, and remove the rear valve, and pour it in. shake it around for a few and pour it out. and repeat that a few times to get the excess power steering fluid out.

Fill it up and test it out!

I'v been using this method for about 4 years works great every time.