Author Topic: Optics  (Read 1331 times)

Offline nemisissy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Optics
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:50:04 PM »
I have a NCStar electro red/green reticle that I love, but it took about 3 bb's to the glass and its impossible to see through. I'm looking to replace it with an ACOG style or a EOTech replica. Problem is theres tons of em, any reccomendations? Price is not an object (aside from a real EOTech or Trijicon). Preferably in Dark Earth.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill

Offline GhostSOCOMM4

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://wolfpacktacticalsblog.blogspot.com/
Re: Optics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
G&P EOTech 552.

I have one and I love it. Easily visible during the day.

Offline Drmalan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Team: Stripling Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »
I went with the Hurricane 552
It's nealy as good as my Eotech For daytime use whereas Huang G&P isn't nearly as bright
Way cheaper than real but also more expensive than G&P

Personally I ended up liking ACOG much more and never use my Hurricane any more

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
Are the airsoft replicas of the holographic magnifiers any good? i've seen em and it would be useful for my style but I haven't seen any definitive answer on their quality
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:52:15 AM »
Are the airsoft replicas of the holographic magnifiers any good? i've seen em and it would be useful for my style but I haven't seen any definitive answer on their quality
I have a friend who bought a Primary Arms 3x magnifier for his real steel AR, ran him 80-some bucks and he loves it. It doesn't look like an EOTech G23, but it works great and it's cheap. I plan to pick one up for my next RS rifle. The flip-to-side mount is a bit more, but still under $110.

Offline sabertooth

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:27:24 AM »
for an acog i like th aim 4x32 scope. get it from asgi because they have 2nd gen version that can make the reticle red,green and blue

Offline SBFirefox

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »
I'd go with a 4x32 ACOG if I were you. I've found a 4x optic in airsoft is incredibly helpful. You can see where your bb's are going at longer ranges and you can also scout areas ahead of you with the scope. If you are playing mostly CQB keep some kind of RDS on it but otherwise an ACOG or some kind of 4x scope is the way to go imho.