Author Topic: Pondering Pistols  (Read 933 times)

Offline The Squawkin' Chicken

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Justin
Pondering Pistols
« on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »
Sometime in the future, I'll pick up a pistol. GBBs look fun, but finicky. Don't know much about CO2. Who wants to educate this fairly new-to-Airsoft savage about the ins and outs of all this stuff? I don't even know the right questions to ask yet, so I'd like to hear from all you who have been at this awhile.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:41:01 PM by The Squawkin' Chicken »

Offline Mr Random 42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
  • " alea iacta est "
    • View Profile
Re: Pondering Pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »
Well here's the gist of things: CO2 is cheap, but it is very unstable, and you will have a dramatic change in FPS during use. I wouldn't recommend it whatsoever, but I still know some people that use it out on the field. GBBs are extremely fun, but yes, they can be quite finicky; despite this however, they are still the most commonly used on the field, and generally have great performance, as long as you clean it regularly. Finally, there is the NBB pistol, which tends to be very reliable, but can be somewhat boring in comparison to the others. Also, they generally have a high FPS (400+ depending on the model), so be wary of that when buying one.

Personally, I run compact GBBs, as I only use them in emergencies, and they can be stored nearly anywhere on my rig. This is your decision to make though, and I don't want to tell you to go in one direction or another. As a suggestion, once you decide on a pistol that you like, put the link up for it here, and we can tell you if it's any good or not.
Remnant Force Airsoft

"alea iacta est"

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »
I would say try to stay away from WE, they are by far the most common GBB i see to work on.
its because there so cheap and so many of them sell, that they flooded the market. But seriously try to get somthing better than a WE

if you can find a kwa PTP i would by far recomend that. I rarely see them in with problems. There by far my favorite brand of GBB. extremely reliable.

I would stay away from C02 they tend to shoot really high fps, most of the time there faster then AEG's

Offline B0RN2FISH

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Private First Class
  • -The Almighty Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
I have a CO2 1911 and it shoots 400+ fps on cool days, and as soon as you get low on gas there is a dramatic fps reduction. I much prefer my GBB M9. So I am going to have to go with Slinkey and Random and say to stay away from CO2.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum...

Offline The Squawkin' Chicken

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Justin
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:08:41 PM »
Definitely feeling better informed ... thanks, everybody!