Author Topic: Vanguard Surrendering  (Read 6507 times)

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Surrendering
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
I've used the surrender rule or bang bang rule multiple times in Vanguard. Sometimes it works and sometimes people don't want to take the hit. If they don't take it I shoot them and if they have a problem with it I tell them I gave the chance to surrender. It is a safety rule but half if not more than half the people don't realize it. Yes this is a sport and you will get shot and it will sting. The surrender/bang bang rule is in place for a reason. It's kind of like the minimum engagement rule. Somebody with a high fps gun can't shoot at somebody within 75 feet. The surrender rule is in place so nobody gets shot within 5-10 feet. People don't think or they just get caught up in the moment or they don't care. I personally use the bang bang rule indoors and outdoors and everytime I've used it outdoors, it has worked. Indoors is a whole different story.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Ocean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
are we talkin about bang bang or surrender?? i thought they were two differents things....  ??? ???
In a sense they are. But at Vanguard we count the Surrender rule as mandatory so basically it means Bang Bang.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
Bang-Bang is for airsoft, and Saturday nights at the club

Surrender is for the French.

You move after I call bang, you get shot, thats how it works.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »
Bang-Bang is for airsoft, and Saturday nights at the club

Surrender is for the French.

You move after I call bang, you get shot, thats how it works.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dude.. FUCK YAH!  that's what I'm talking about!
Im an operator....

Offline chinole

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Chino Le
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »
Blah blah, just play, get off your moms boob and take a shot from 330 fps gun. Whaaaah. Oh and ocean, if you cant take it, dont play airsoft lol.
Cloudy with a heavy chance of M60 rain

Whiskey One Alpha
Support Gunner

Offline SkeptikZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »
This is the kind of idiot that gives us the look of douche paintballers.  It isn't an issue of whether or not you can take it, its just common courtesy. Learn it.

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
There are way too many variables to create a fool-proof "surrender rule" that will work every time. Between people not taking a hit/dead call from a legit surrender and people calling out bogus surrender calls there is always going to be problems. End of story.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline Ocean

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »
There are way too many variables to create a fool-proof "surrender rule" that will work every time. Between people not taking a hit/dead call from a legit surrender and people calling out bogus surrender calls there is always going to be problems. End of story.
No doubt will there always be problems. But what I'm asking is to maybe help or even perfect a little part of the surrender rule. Like I said at the beginning guys; this isn't a thread as to if you should honor the call or not, it's a thread about how you should do it.

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
well nothing is "mandatory" when it comes to airsoft. you can round around yodling and shooting everything that moves, ive surrendered people point blank in the back and they simply said "nope" and turned around and shot me. i try to do it as a courtesy to them but sometimes its just better to shoot. my thing on the surrender rule is if you know they person will call it or if shooting them would just be cruel, surrender them.

on a similar note: if your in a room with 6 guys and you caught them all off guard id probably start shooting. they kinda deserve it anyway at that point. but if you walk into a room and 6 guns are pointed at you, you just take one guy down with you. the rest live

you should add a parley rule though. if you both shoot and both get hit in a very similar time window then you both die. pretty fair.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline Ocean

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »
well nothing is "mandatory" when it comes to airsoft. you can round around yodling and shooting everything that moves, ive surrendered people point blank in the back and they simply said "nope" and turned around and shot me. i try to do it as a courtesy to them but sometimes its just better to shoot. my thing on the surrender rule is if you know they person will call it or if shooting them would just be cruel, surrender them.

on a similar note: if your in a room with 6 guys and you caught them all off guard id probably start shooting. they kinda deserve it anyway at that point. but if you walk into a room and 6 guns are pointed at you, you just take one guy down with you. the rest live

you should add a parley rule though. if you both shoot and both get hit in a very similar time window then you both die. pretty fair.
Alright guys. This is offically a thread. Bailey is here. Anyway, at Vanguard it is mandatory. Of course there are those people that don't think it is and if people don't follow it once somebody tells us we take care of it and they will start honoring it.

Offline chinole

• Master Sergeant
  • Chino Le
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:17 PM »
Skeptic are you talking bout me? ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:38:44 PM by chinole »
Cloudy with a heavy chance of M60 rain

Whiskey One Alpha
Support Gunner

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
Of course there are those people that don't think it is and if people don't follow it once somebody tells us we take care of it and they will start honoring it.
You pretty much answered your own question right here. Not everyone is going to abide by the rules, when they don't, you slap them on the wrist. They do it again...you're the ref. I'm sure you guys can handle it. There really isn't much else to do to make people do it "right."

The only thing I can think of that might help is from the one time I surrendered. Only time anyone ever called it on me. The person ran up behind me(night game) and put their hand on my shoulder and said "surrender." Maybe make a rule that you have to tap to surrender. If you can't tap them before they realize what you are doing then you are both dead.

Skeptic are you talking bout me? ;D

LOL. That's what I thought. Honestly, I'm with you on this whole ordeal. I've never played at Vanguard though, outdoors only.
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:07 AM »
Bailey likes to tickle himself while playing airsoft.

Point your gun call bang and move on to the next target, if you're fast enough to nab all six then congratulations if someone turns on you and does the same before you got em all then that's how it would've went down if you had pulled the trigger.

The surrender rule is purely for safety at vanguard and in general is kind of a courtesy thing, if it can be shot out or parlayed it should be. If the player is caught unaware then act how you would like to be treated if you were on the other and call a surrender on them. 

Offline claymore

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »
i just played at vandguard on thursday and there was this little kid on my team who was a freaking beast murdering the other team. In my adventures of following him he used the surrender rule numerous times.  He got a big group of people out and there was no argument but it was very skeptical.  I did the same thing in this video.  They should of shot me but didn't.  I agree with Uchina.  You should only be able to surrender 1 to 2 people.  I you run into a big group and you had the drop on them take and you call surrender. one person is dead then automatic parley.  Or just shoot everyone untill you get shot. :)

http://youtu.be/yCQLessdouI

Offline Ocean

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 12:51:16 AM »
i just played at vandguard on thursday and there was this little kid on my team who was a freaking beast murdering the other team. In my adventures of following him he used the surrender rule numerous times.  He got a big group of people out and there was no argument but it was very skeptical.  I did the same thing in this video.  They should of shot me but didn't.  I agree with Uchina.  You should only be able to surrender 1 to 2 people.  I you run into a big group and you had the drop on them take and you call surrender. one person is dead then automatic parley.  Or just shoot everyone untill you get shot. :)

http://youtu.be/yCQLessdouI
Not gona lie. That was pretty badass. But you did exactly what we wouldn't allow. You called one HUGE surrender on a HUGE group. In that situation Itachi is right. Re doing what you did in my mind you would pop around the corner call surrender as fast as you could and get maybe 4 people before being shot. Hell they were all looking at you so maybe 2. But this is the perfect example, if you catch them completely off guard you can accomplish some sneaky surrenders. One more thing, was the badass kid the one in the vid?