Author Topic: g&g gr16 r5 vs KWA  (Read 1286 times)

Offline jbboyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
g&g gr16 r5 vs KWA
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »
So I am looking into buying a new gun (preferably an m16 or similar) and have a few in mind but I had some questions. I was wondering if you guys knew much about them/use them yourself. I am planning on using .25 bio bbs with whatever gun I get.
First, I am looking at a g&g gr16 r5 link: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10507
 I like the electric blow back and that it comes with the rail covers and grip. It is also slightly less expensive than the other two and has a lower fps.

Second, a KWA m16 a4 ris link: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4005
 I like this because it is KWA I have never owned anything KWA but I have always heard they were very good quality. My worry here is that at 400 fps it would be too hot for most games... I was wondering if .25s would bring it down enough

Last, a KWA km4 sr10 link: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5633
 Same story as the m16, I like it because it is KWA and is a little shorter than the m16 but am worried about the fps. Again, would .25s bring it down enough.

So if any of you have any experience with any of these, or knows anything about them it would be very helpful! Anything on the guns capabilities, reliability, or upkeep would be nice. Would anyone recommend one over the other two?

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
Re: g&g gr16 r5 vs KWA
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:34 AM »
KWA.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline kman94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
KWA. More compatible from what i hear.

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »
G&G is more compatible. I own a KWA SR10 and a G&G GR16 A3 and both are great guns. The externals are far better on the KWA but the G&G metal body is also very nice. I have the non blowback version of the G&G and I like it much more than the blowback.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline DesertRush

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account, CHECK IT OUT!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:30:24 AM »
First @ kman94, KWA isn't compatible AT ALL. They have proprietary parts. Second. 400 fps wouldn't be too hot. Both Fort adobe and fighter town have 400 fps limits.
"God will judge our enemies, we'll arrange the meeting."

Offline TheUNIT

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »
First @ kman94, KWA isn't compatible AT ALL. They have proprietary parts. Second. 400 fps wouldn't be too hot. Both Fort adobe and fighter town have 400 fps limits.
   KWA is compatible with some parts...

I would say go KWA if you don't really like messing with the internals. And just want a go out and play gun.
Go G&G if you like messing with the internals and doing modifications to your liking.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:39:39 AM by TheUNIT »
G&P (built from the ground up) WOC
ICS DSG
Star FNC
KWA M9

Offline ThatGuy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Major
  • Step Up Or Step Aside
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
What's not compatible on  kwa?

OMNIBUS LOCIS FIT CAEDES
 WHISKEY 1 TEAM LEADER.

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:52:40 PM »
What's not compatible on  kwa?

That's a good question. Because I have one and there are after market items on it.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
The kwa pistol grip seems proprietary because if you try to add aftermarket ones they sometimes wont keep the motor in the right place. I believe the garbox is fairly standard maybe some small parts are proprietary. the hop up is not interchangeable with any 2 piece hop up unit and the buckings are to sometimes finicky as well . The air nozzle might be proprietary.  But yea in my opinion the G&G cant really compete vs a kwa, and with the new CQRS coming out soon the reason to go G&G are becoming smaller and smaller. But both guns are well made IMO.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...