Author Topic: Fuji Field permission  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Drmalan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Team: Stripling Warriors
    • View Profile
Fuji Field permission
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »
Not posting this in support of any planned events or the prior posted op for this Friday but as my sons like to play at Fuji Field I did take the time to contact Jimmy Hershey the owner of that field. He is very supportive of airsofters using his field as long as they continue to clean up after themselves. He has spoken with Mesa police and they are aware that the kids play there and also have no problem. He is very willing to provide written permission if so desired and if there are any problems with the police he lives very close by at 15528 williamsfield and is willing to have players pickup written permission at his house before playing. He has 19 additional acres in the immediate area and has said airsofters are always welcome.

Offline Fung Li

• Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuji Field permission
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
THANK YOU.

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
THANKS! Finally Xavier mace can stop being a poop.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline Fung Li

• Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
THANKS! Finally Xavier mace can stop being a poop.
And don't forget Team Phantom...

Offline Rockit

• Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:58:35 PM »
Is anyone going to take the initiative on this one and contact Mr. Hershey? Are we going to have to have the permission on-hand every time we play?
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse

Offline Fung Li

• Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
I'm going to contact him either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.  Maybe I can get my game back up and running.

Offline Rockit

• Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »
Yes, you could probably stop at Gearbox and have them put a copy on file or post it on the boards if you don't have the ability.
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
This field is verboten here until the owner gives a written or in-person ok to the AA owner and mods.
Fung Li, you lied here. Don't expect much sympathy.
Another thing. Nobody who is a minor has any legal standing to assume liability for putting on a game.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Fung Li

• Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »
Fung Li, you lied here. Don't expect much sympathy.
  Fair enough.  I apologize to everyone for not having permission.

Offline Drmalan

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
Is anyone going to take the initiative on this one and contact Mr. Hershey? Are we going to have to have the permission on-hand every time we play?

The guy is doing you a favor letting you play on his land. He has said that Mesa police have no issues and they know the situation. He suggests that if it's a night game or if a large event then swing by his house and get permission in advance. I personally plan on dropping by his house with a pre-written letter to not cause him any further hassle and have him give permission without any specific date so my sons can take with them when they play. Don't show up at his house and say dude write me a letter. That may ruin it for everyone. Take a few minutes and write a letter yourself and the ask him to sign it. And don't demand it at 6:30 am as your getting ready to go. Call him first and make sure he has the time for you to drop by. Contact me by pm for his number.

Offline Drmalan

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
As an side note I surely wouldnt bring ATV's or golf carts on his property. That's pushing your luck with him and risking serious injury.

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »
If somebody is stopping by to get his written permission make sure to tell him about the AA website and community.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Fung Li

• Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »
As an side note I surely wouldnt bring ATV's or golf carts on his property. That's pushing your luck with him and risking serious injury.
Yeah... didn't think that one through.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »
Remember the signature must be notarized to have any chance of standing up in court and for AA to recognize the owner's written permission.  Otherwise it's just a signature on a piece of paper.

Also to those who think we are being a bunch of dicks about this...You're right, we are and for good reason. We want to protect our hobby for the future and we will never let some random and reckless new comers or vested players ruin something that we have worked very hard to preserve so that you and every other newcomer after you may also enjoy our hobby.  It's a very simple understanding and our requests are not out of the realm of reasonable.  Honestly I don't understand the bickering, do what needs to be done or play somewhere else that is legal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:30:02 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Drmalan

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »
This thing about notarization has me baffled. The only purpose behind notarization is to have a third party verify the identity of a person entering into a legal agreement when the parties are unable to verify the identities themselves. As I understand a signature is as legal binding on a napkin as it is on a notarized contract. The notary simply would verify that the person agreeing to let the boys use his land was indeed Jimmy Hershey. They would not be able to verify he owned the land. The only reason I see to even having written permission is to satisfy the police if they were called which again he states isn't an issue with at least the Mesa police. I am open to hearing how having the letter notarized would have any possible benefit. Of course if I was the owner I don't think I would be willing to take them time to drive down to the bank to have the letter notarized so someone could use my land for free to play Airsoft. As far as insurance issues I think he his being very lax even allowing the boys to play there but that is his decision to make.