Author Topic: Ive noticed something  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Ghow

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Ive noticed something
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »
Almost everything in the for sale threads are people getting out of airsoft sale or "quitting sales" I know people may not have the  time anymore or need the money thats fine but its just sad because there just seems to be so many people so new to the sport and love it but then just quit. Go and look at the threads in for sale there are so many of them, im just wondering now, is the airsoft industry growing or decreasing in size?
Kill em all, let God sort it out later:)

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Ive noticed something
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:39:18 AM »
They just say that to draw you into there post. That is how its done in the world. I know a guy who says that in his thread but still plays every now and then.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline Jason@TempePB

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »
I see the same thing in paintball it's a combination of things work, bills, family.  I have quit for awhile but only sold off guns, tanks, and hoppers.

Or older players are finding new hobbies just like in paintball it's up to the more experienced to help the younger generation understand to be honest and humble and help new players

Offline theFlyingTrumpet

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Also it seems like you'll get those kids who get really into it, then get bored with it. They got bored with their BMX bike and sold it to buy their airsoft gear. Now they're bored with airsoft and are selling their gear to buy a guitar. Something like that.
Mazatzal Security Solutions - MSS Airsoft Team
"Medic! Medic! ......GINGY!!!!"

Offline CaptainMoroni94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
  • Return with Honor
    • View Profile
    • RevvNRG
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »
When I was way young I was in to airsoft and then I kinda put my guns in storage for a few years now im 18 can buy all my own stuff and its interesting again, but I don't see it being just another fad for me.
Return with Honor

Offline headhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • I'll give you my bbs...one at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »
Also it seems like you'll get those kids who get really into it, then get bored with it. They got bored with their BMX bike and sold it to buy their airsoft gear. Now they're bored with airsoft and are selling their gear to buy a guitar. Something like that.
i am 12 years old and i do this...alot. i have been playing airsoft since i was 8 though. from spring pistols to shotguns and further getting better guns, i don't think this will be something that i will just quit cause i get bored. as of right now, the only reason i can think of why i would stop airsofting in a few years is i die. i don't plan on that happening anytime soon.
Primary: JG G36c
Secondary: WE Tech Biohazard M9

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 12:25:01 AM »
I went through several in and out phases with airsoft, including a particularly long one once I turned 18 and was able to buy real guns :D. However I never sold any of my airsoft guns or gear, and low and behold, I indeed returned. I love this sport, and have been playing it for years, and I hope to always play it. I like to look towards the future and the awesome times I'll have taking my kid(s) airsofting someday.

As far as the 'quitting sale' thing goes, I'll be the first to admit airsoft is more of a hobby than anything else. Unfortunately when people have bills to pay and insufficient funds to pay them, hobbies are the first things to go, as they typically take up larger sums of money. Even if I have to airsoft on the cheap, I plan to always stick with it in some form or another. And besides, a lot of those people will be back when they get that urge to go out and play again. Just you watch....

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »
Wait till you kids discover girls ;)
This is an expensive hobby. A lot of us have literally thousands into this and other things.
Women are MUCH more expensive, trust me.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
AGRRRREEEEEEDDDDD MOOON! HOLY CRAPY I CANNOT SAY HOW MUCH IVE THROWN INTO WOMEN! GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:49:39 PM by BreechUnClear »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
Nik ....the way you worded that...
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
My last woman cost me over $60k +/- a $4000 engagement ring and the fact that she stole my dog and bearded dragon.

Airsoft has cost me roughly $15k over the last 12 years.

Airsoft is still cheaper, and has provided me with better memories.

Thinking about those figures now, I think I need a beer.

Offline Zekrom3393

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant
  • (^>.<)> (X.X^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 04:41:56 PM »
then again, everything is cheaper than taking care of your lady, lol
Primary: ICS M4
Secondary: ASG Revolver
Contact #: 480-415-1286
Sale Thread: http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=34044.msg263709#msg263709

Offline BreechUnClear

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
*Disclaimer, Lengthy Rabble*

Lol. Well Moon, brings ups a lot of good and bad blah blah memories. I know the feel, Nuke, I lost a ring, my favorite T-shirts of all old Metal bands, and some of my pops old vintage records I had. Crazy biatch. I raise a toast to you with some Rogue beer I bought back from Oregon.

On point, people have to take breaks for different reasons, or quit for that matter. When you notice someone with very few posts, and a sale right off the bat, their heart and mind wasnt really into airsoft or the community, and they find other ways to preoccupy their time. Maybe they just wanted to get their feet wet and didnt like it. I dunno, but to me that is why you see a majority of posts being for sales, or quitting airsoft. The big hitter is college, school is way more important than a hobby, and if you can afford both then my hat is taken off for you in respect lol. Cause I tried doing that, and thought that I could maintain with the attitude of I'm making more money now being self-employed and getting play airsoft every weekend, school doesnt matter. The wives, and girl situation is kinda kooky too, gotta constantly dish out money, because the so called forgetfulness that a women has if something isnt constant. So easy math, (school + money) = (women, money, anything you want)/(your wife +kids + bills+problems) = life. Kids drain a lot of money as well, but its awesome if you can take them out to play with you, great bonding experience.

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
Wait till you kids discover girls ;)
This is an expensive hobby. A lot of us have literally thousands into this and other things.
Women are MUCH more expensive, trust me.

I guess the girl thing had passed you up. Because i always see you posting on the forum. God thats gonna suck when I get old. Lmfao!
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »
I'm doing okay at my age. Lovely (normal!) Wife, married three years now. Own home, 7 years from retirement, no kids, and life's pretty good.
Money enough for airsoft and flying ultralights and motorcycling. And yeah, time enough to fart around on here, too.

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team