Offline Duke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
  • Navy SEAL's
    • View Profile
FPS ?
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
Hi, im Duke.
I currently live in Utah but i am moving to Phoenix next July. My main aeg is my beloved AK47. It is an Kalashnikov Spetsnaz AK47, around 500 FPS. I was reading about your last fundraising event and it said 400 fps with .20... ?, will this be a problem with my AK47 ??
15, Future Navy SEAL- SF DEVGRU (SEAL Team Six)
Half Iron Man Triathlete
"I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country."
Recoil Is My Middle Name

Offline Adr3n4line

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: FPS ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
Nope, just use a heavier grade bb to bring down the FPS to below 400 or just downgrade the spring. And some fields allow aegs to shoot over 400 fps if you only use semi auto.

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
Nope, just use a heavier grade bb to bring down the FPS to below 400.

you sir are wrong and if we catch you useing this method to beat the chrono will be kicked out of any games you do this at and will earn you a shity reputation in this comunity by doing this.
this is cheating. that is why you are supposed to chrono with .20g bb's with the hop-up off.
i guess you will have to be watched at future games. thanks for letting us know that you arent an honest player though. we appriciate it when cheaters out themselves, saves us the hassle.

duke: if your ak is modified to shoot semi auto only and you obey the med's then there is no problem with your gun shooting at 500fps. but if you arent planning on playing the sniper role you will need to bring your gun down to 400fps with .20g bb's which is what most outdoor fields here allow.

we look forward to seeing you at future games.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline davidneitzelt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »
Spazz got him! Haha using heavier bbs, cheats.

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:13 PM »
Don't you just love it when people tell on themselves? Lmfao
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
Sounds like people still dont understand the basic fundamentals of Energy behind a bb.

The rules most people use are roughly 1.63J of energy, which translates to (all numbers approx.)

420 fps with .20g
375 fps with .25g
350 fps with .28g
340 fps with .30g
295 fps with .40g
285 fps with .43g

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
Sounds like people still dont understand the basic fundamentals of Energy behind a bb.

The rules most people use are roughly 1.63J of energy, which translates to (all numbers approx.)

420 fps with .20g
375 fps with .25g
350 fps with .28g
340 fps with .30g
295 fps with .40g
285 fps with .43g

That's not very helpful when the field specifically says 400 FPS with a .2g BB.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline headhunter

• Sergeant First Class
  • I'll give you my bbs...one at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »

i dont know if this is allowed or not. but if your gun chronos at 400 with a .2g bb, i think you could use any gram bb you want as long as you chrono with .2's. if you use any other weight. the make a free smartphone app that tells you roughly how much fps your gun will shoot at with a .2,.23,and .25 g bb i let my friends use since they like to use .25g bbs when we arent at a field. but i don't know the specifics of the mentioned rule as i perfer .2g bb's because they are slighly cheaper. so maybe a more expeirienced airsofter can tell you if the rule is allowed.
Primary: JG G36c
Secondary: WE Tech Biohazard M9

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
guys..guys..guys. I dont think his AK shoots 500fps...
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »
Nope, just use a heavier grade bb to bring down the FPS to below 400 or just downgrade the spring. And some fields allow aegs to shoot over 400 fps if you only use semi auto.
What both you and Duke need to understand is that while the FPS may be lower out of the muzzle while using heavier weight BBs, the amount of ENERGY behind those BBs is still the same. If your target is at 50 feet and you shoot him using .25s rather than .20s, sure the BB will reach him at a faster speed with a .20, but the amount of energy expended onto your target once the BB hits is still the same, whether he was hit with a .20 or a .25 (someone correct me on any of this if I am misinformed). This is why chronographing at all fields with all guns is done with .20g BBs, to ensure safe and fair play for everyone.

Offline wolfenblaze

• Staff Sergeant
  • IF all else fails BLOW IT UP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »
agree with ya there Bailey. this is A Kalash rebrand of Dboys or Cyma aks most likely the FPS will be at most 350 fps. or less then again my sport line SRC M16a3  did shoot 395 fps with vanguard 2.0s before i threw in a m90 spring.
FOR JUSTICe and freedom

Offline Warlord

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Master Sergeant
  • CROSSFIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:49 AM »
I think he means 500fps with .12g. So yeah I agree with Bailey, but who knows he could have upgraded it. We will just have to ask him.
Team Crossfire
Position: Any and Every

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »

i dont know if this is allowed or not. but if your gun chronos at 400 with a .2g bb, i think you could use any gram bb you want as long as you chrono with .2's. if you use any other weight. the make a free smartphone app that tells you roughly how much fps your gun will shoot at with a .2,.23,and .25 g bb i let my friends use since they like to use .25g bbs when we arent at a field. but i don't know the specifics of the mentioned rule as i perfer .2g bb's because they are slighly cheaper. so maybe a more expeirienced airsofter can tell you if the rule is allowed.

Yes, you can use whatever weight BB you want when playing so long as you pass chrono at 400 FPS when using a .2g BB. I was refering to nukeduster's FPS chart.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 05:20:07 AM »
I think he means 500fps with .12g. So yeah I agree with Bailey, but who knows he could have upgraded it. We will just have to ask him.
PhoenixShadowCompany has a BB embedded in his hand from a stock E1 AK that had just been chronoed at over 500fps, so you never can tell.

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:31 AM »
PhoenixShadowCompany has a BB embedded in his hand from a stock E1 AK that had just been chronoed at over 500fps, so you never can tell.

Ever heard of gun safety? That's why you never look down the barrel of a gun!
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!