Author Topic: XavierMace's Summer Electronics Clean Out  (Read 629 times)

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
XavierMace's Summer Electronics Clean Out
« on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:25 AM »
How do you know you are a geek.  When you clean your closet and find computers you forgot you had.

Pictures and more items will be up tomorrow.

The rules.
For anything under $100, you come to me in Mesa.  I'm available weeknights after 7p or weekends with advanced notice.  I'm not going to drive anywhere to sell $20 worth of stuff.  Prices are flexible to some extent, some items more than others.  If you are buying one or more of the higher dollar items, I'm willing to cut you a deal.  Over $100, I'm willing to arrange a reasonable meeting place (Anthem or Tucson is not reasonable).  Any questions will be handled via PM, I'm not going to start some massive text message conversation.  The 3 complete systems all power on, have fresh OS installs, and I'll be happy to demo for you.  Everything else is sold with no guarantee's.  It worked the last time I used it but in some cases, that was 5 years ago or more.  Items have no physical damage unless noted.  If you want to bring the necessary equipment to test it, I'll be happy to provide you with an outlet, keyboard, mouse, and monitor to test with.  If you don't want to bring the equipment to test it, I'm not tearing apart a functional system to test it for you.  If you have any questions, please ask them BEFORE showing up.

NO TRADES OF ANY KIND.

HP tc4400 Tablet PC (EN356UT#ABA) - $200
Intel Core 2 T5600 1.83Ghz Processor
2Gb DDR2 Ram
60Gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD
Ubuntu 12.04/Windows 8 Release Preview Dual Boot
***  SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE AN INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE ***
If you want to install another OS you will either need to install from a USB thumb drive or get a USB optical drive.  If you bring an OS, I will be happy to install it for you.  Or for a small fee I can download a copy of the original OS (WinXP) and install it from a USB drive using the original CD Key.  Very slight wear on touchpad and left side of laptop where your hands rest.  No cracks/dents/etc of any sort.  You can get an HP docking station used for roughly $40 to give you more connectivity options.

Lenovo M57p Desktop - $200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6800 (I need to double check that)
4Gb of DDR2 Ram
Seagate 320Gb HDD
LiteOn Blu-Ray drive
Ubuntu 12.04
***  Please Note the front drive cover does not work with the Blu-ray drive so it was removed but will be included ***
Makes a fantastic little media center system.  Please note it only accepts low profile (aka half height) expansion cards.

Dell PowerEdge 1600SC Server - $200
Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Processor
1Gb DDR ECC Ram
36Gb U320 SCSI HDD
Sony DVD+RW
Dell CD-Rom
*** NO OS, but I will install an OS you provide at no charge if requested before hand ***
Older system but runs perfectly fine.  Second/upgrade processors are dirt cheap ($20-$40) and memory is pretty cheap as well.  When it had the second processor and another 1Gb of RAM in it, it was used as a BF2 and Minecraft server.  Makes for a solid file server as well. 

EVGA nVidia GTX260 Core 216 - $125
No box/accessories

EVGA nVidia 8800GTX - $75
No box/accessories

ECS 671T-M Motherboard - $30
New in sealed box
Socket 775 (Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad)
Might be able to dig up a processor for it around here somewhere for a small extra cost.

Asus A8N-SLI Barebones - $50
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor
2Gb Corsair VS DDR2 Ram
AMD OEM Heatsink/Fan

AMD Athlon 64x2 3600+ - $40
Socket AM2+, Bare CPU

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - $20
Socket 939, Bare CPU

Logitech G5 Mouse - $20
Works but mouse buttons on occasion stick.

AMD OEM Heatsink/Fan - $5
Works with any of the above Athlon processors

Assorted SATA Cables - $1/ea
Because I can't bring myself to throw away perfectly good cables.  50% or so are still in original packaging.

Metric Fuckton of Misc cables - $FREE
S-Video, Composite, Ribbon cables, SATA to molex adapters, molex to 3 pin fan, USB headers, and MORE!  Free to anyone willing to make the whole bag go away.  Approximately 1 Wal-Marts bag worth of assorted cables, maybe more.

Stay tuned for more random electronics.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:12:26 AM by XavierMace »