Author Topic: Plz help me  (Read 2462 times)

Offline AwesomeSause

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
  • Fun = AWESOME!!!!!
    • View Profile
Plz help me
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »
 ;D Hello im new at the whole airsoft thing so i need sum help can sum peoples tell me how to get on  a team or division or plattoon or somthing and when games are?  im 13 and getting and m95 and a desert ghille suit for chismats so PLZ HELP :D
Primary:M99 Barrett
Secondary:(Sniper)Echo1 M28
AEG:Dboyis M16
Hobby:BEING AWESOME!!!

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
Re: Plz help me
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
M advice, dont join a team from the start. Go to airsoft places and just mingle and have fun, I have met most if not all of my airsoft friends from just happening to be on the same team as them. I know it seems necessary to join a team, but just go and have fun and eventually if you are really serious im sure some team or someone will be happy to accept you.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline birdman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
Firstly stop playing CoD. You won't need a ghille suit so early on, and I recommend that you don't use a M95 starting out either. It would probally be better to use an M4 or something to that nature. Games change by season, so when you get your shit during Christmas the games won't be the same as they are now.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline bailey5671

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
Firstly stop playing CoD.

It seems that this is always the problem with new(er) players.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
Firstly stop playing CoD.

It seems that this is always the problem with new(er) players.
Indeed, I was tempted to not say it. But starting with a M95 and a ghillie suit screamed CoD.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Note

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »
To my knowledge there is no m95 in any CoD game.

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
The M95 is the Barret .50 cal.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline chinole

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Chino Le
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
let him play his way. he will discover what he really wants to be in airsoft sooner or later. i play battlefield, is that a problem. guys, i think we need more people to play honorably. more than what role they want play in airsoft. let the 13 year old dream. if he calls his hits and doeant cheat, let him be whatever he wants to be.
Cloudy with a heavy chance of M60 rain

Whiskey One Alpha
Support Gunner

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
let him play his way. he will discover what he really wants to be in airsoft sooner or later. i play battlefield, is that a problem. guys, i think we need more people to play honorably. more than what role they want play in airsoft. let the 13 year old dream. if he calls his hits and doeant cheat, let him be whatever he wants to be.
by no means am I telling him what to and not to do. I'm just offering my suggestions.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline SgtCulotta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »

Barrett M82A1/A2 and A3, the M82A2 is no longer being made. Then the M90 and the M95 which became the XM107, M107CQ, M107A1 (Which the M107A1 is the newer rifle)
I believe that is all.

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »
You should use Last stand with this setup
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »

Barrett M82A1/A2 and A3, the M82A2 is no longer being made. Then the M90 and the M95 which became the XM107, M107CQ, M107A1 (Which the M107A1 is the newer rifle)
I believe that is all.
The M95 is a bolt action. The M107 is the M82, it was designated "M82" at inception by Barrett (82 for the year of release, 1982), and was used as such without an official designation by the military (like the Remington 870 and Winchester Model 70 have been/were for many years) until it competed in the XM107 trials and won, earning the official designation of M107. The M95 was originally designed for the XM107 trials, but the parameters of the trial were changed from "bolt-action" to "semi-automatic", and the M95 kind of fell by the wayside.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:49:56 PM by Fresnel »

Offline Benny1232

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
First of all, welcome to our community, we always appreciate newcomers. Like the previous few people already said, don't join a team from the beginning. Take some time to learn the dos and donts of our beautiful sport. Learn what airsoft is all about, ask questions, look up videos and just attend some games. Ignore people telling you to stop playing games like CoD or battlefield, but i will warn you to never compare a video game to this sport. Many of the people you will encounter are very serious about airsoft and do not appreciate childish, immature behavior. It is not my intend to frighten or scare you off, but merely to explain what you will encounter and something to be ready about.
A ghillie suit is pointless, unless you plan to attend mil-sims (military simulations) Find yourself some gear that you feel comfortable wearing, that you can run in without causing discomfort to your body. Boots are not a must but a personal preference. If you don't like boots, check out some good tennis shoes.
Last but not least, be prepared for good airsoft equipment to be rather on the expensive side, it will take much time and money to acquire better and better stuff to compete with some of the guys that have been playing a lot longer than you.

And one last time, ask questions - ask questions - ask questions
People ask me how to find me, i respond by telling them to look for the guy with the bugle.
Callsign: Bugler
Main: JG MK36C
Secondary: USP H&K

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »
Did you guys ever think this post was a joke... To see who would flame him?
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 08:34:48 AM »
-the "Sause" (sauce) moniker.. -wasn't that the bunch that caused the bruhaha over Fuji?
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team