Author Topic: Yes, I'm a girl  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Lady Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm a girl
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:00:24 AM »
Just ran across this forum and I'm excited to be connecting with more local players. 

I've been airsofting for 2 years and I play on a team.  My Husband (a combat veteran) and oldest son (he's 10) play too.
I got into it for my husband and how much it helps his PTSD.  For the first year I mostly got shot first during the games & practices.   But in the last year I have really become more into the whole thing and now I run with the big wolfs.  :D
I shoot a M4 and have a AK for back-up.  I'm not very knowledgeable about details regarding the guns, but I'm learning.

I hope to connect with lots on people in AZ and find more games and fun times. 
I only cry when I break a nail because I grow my own.

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, I'm a girl
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:11:39 AM »
Welcome to AA!
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline Rockit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »
Awesome. Great to see another fellow family-[wo]man slinging plastic. I hope to see you all out on the field.  :D
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »
Howdy, bring you and your's down to Tempe for the bi-weekly adult games. 8-midnight.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline BlackDragon21

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31:12 AM »
Hey Welcome to AA,
Lets start off by saying Thank You to your husband's service. Now lets get to the fact here, we would love to see you and your family out on the field someday. Just look at the local game in the forum and see when games are going to happen. If you like indoor game well there are plenty of place for that happening mostly everyday or so but for outdoor field game just keep your eyes open for it. Hope to see you out there soon.
Whiskey1Alpha

Offline Lady Wolf

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
I would love to drag the whole fam to the valley to play, we've never played in-doors, but my poor old '93 Cruiser can't leave the city limits.  :-(  It's got tranny issues and I can't chance being stranded. LOL

We do all of our playing up here in the mountains and LOVE it!

Yesterday we had practice and I still have tired/wobbly legs from crawling up a cliff to flank, but hey, we took the bridge!

Offline birdman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »
I would love to drag the whole fam to the valley to play, we've never played in-doors, but my poor old '93 Cruiser can't leave the city limits.  :-(  It's got tranny issues and I can't chance being stranded. LOL

Yesterday we had practice and I still have tired/wobbly legs from crawling up a cliff to flank, but hey, we took the bridge!
Wait a minute, where are you located if you don't mind me asking?
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline BlackDragon21

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »

yes if i may ask too the location of where you are at to be playing in the Mt.
Whiskey1Alpha

Offline Lady Wolf

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »
We're up in Chino Valley a.k.a. Hickville.  ;D  We go out and play anywhere we can, we have several 'fields' but mostly we go as far from houses/civilians as we can.  I was born & raised here so the options are endless.

Oh and many thanks for the recognition regarding my husband's service.  He's on the road a lot for work (he's been out of the service for 20 years) and when he is home to play it makes SUCH a big difference.  Playing together is also one of the best parts of our marriage.  I mean, think about it, it's the only time I can legally shoot my husband. *giggle*

Offline vibora

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Corporal
  • Mile High Airsoft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »
Anyway, Ms. Wolf, glad to have you here.  I am the president of the airsoft club at Embry-Riddle, and it's always nice to get more players up here.  We play weekend games all the time, and there are some great bigger events that come up here every now and then.  Welcome, and if you'd like any more info about my club or coming out to any of our little skirms, just shoot me a PM.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:14:42 PM by XavierMace »

Offline WizzerGizzer

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
I'm so glad to see you joining this community, for without you, i would have made it through today without a good laugh.
Sauce
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]Sig By Zhanex[/COLOR]

Offline Lady Wolf

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 06:11:05 AM »
Vibora - I think we may have played together before, I'm a member of Shock & Awe.  If memory serves (questionable) you guys joined us Memorial Day 2011, I was the one who ripped up her knee and had to be carried off the field.  I would love to bring out my team to any of your events. :)  I am currently smack in the middle of soccer season and all 3 of my boys play, so Saturdays are totally out.  BUT after soccer season is over ...

WizzerGizzer - Laughter is good!  Usually I don't inspire it off the playing field though. ;)

Offline Shock & Awe

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • TacticalAirsoftGuns.com
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »
Vibora, Raptor
We may have played together before, out Iron Springs Rd for one of my events, "Shock & Awe" was there and so was "Killjoy" along with the Embry Riddle Team. We had a turn out of about 60 players that day.

Offline Shock & Awe

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • TacticalAirsoftGuns.com
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »
Tactical Airsoft Assault Team "Shock & Awe" loves to airsoft outdoors in our area surrounding Prescott Valley, AZ. We play in the desert, the forest, the mountains, the flat land, on the train tracks, under the highways, by the rivers, Thumb Butte, Mingus Mountain, Skull Valley, Hells Canyon, and so many more places. We like to mix up the locations we play at so it's never the same.
If anyone is interested in attending our events please check out the details located at: http://tacticalairsoftguns.com/fuaiev.html

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
Anyway, Ms. Wolf, glad to have you here.  I am the president of the airsoft club at Embry-Riddle, and it's always nice to get more players up here.  We play weekend games all the time, and there are some great bigger events that come up here every now and then.  Welcome, and if you'd like any more info about my club or coming out to any of our little skirms, just shoot me a PM.

Hey man, how often do you guys play? I played with the Riddle guys a while back and really enjoyed it and have been trying to find a way to contact you guys to get out and sling plastic with you sometime.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's