Author Topic: A Question about Fuji Field.  (Read 3107 times)

Offline birdman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
Re: A Question about Fuji Field.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Stop acting like we're still in high school. Oh wait...
Yeah,  seriously.  How old are you. You sound like me when I was 15.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Shdsteel

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
I've got a quick question. Has the owner(FEMCOM) ever tried to be reached to get permission? If not the why? Wouldn't they be the first thing to do?

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
I've got a quick question. Has the owner(FEMCOM) ever tried to be reached to get permission? If not the why? Wouldn't they be the first thing to do?

Focus children. This is the only question here worth answering.  All this other banter is irrelevant. 

Now you know that using the area is trespassing, I recommend the following.

1. Stop using the area.
OR
2. Become responsible adults and get proof of permission from said landowner to use their land.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »
I'm not 100% certain, but I think I heard nobody has been able to find contact information for them. They did, however, talk to some guy in a trailer next door, and he said it was okay. But he doesn't have any kind of legal say in the matter.

Offline Fung Li

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 08:14:10 PM »
Is this the company y'all are referring to?
http://start.cortera.com/company/research/k3j3sqq5r/femcon-inc/

Offline DesertRush

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account, CHECK IT OUT!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
EVERYONE! Quick! before the mods arrive!

Epic Chase Caught On Camera - COW VS MAN LOL
"God will judge our enemies, we'll arrange the meeting."

Offline CryWulf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
How 'bout we all just... Don't be dicks to each other?

Offline Shadow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »

Yes, we did manage to finally get a hold of the owner several months back, but it was explicitly stated that no-one should play there or they will press trespassing charges.  We haven't heard from them since.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline Jason@TempePB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
I have heard that some of the renegade Pb guys play out there and have had no issues with the law but then again cops are a intresting folk some are cool and some are not so cool.

Offline WizzerGizzer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:37:27 PM »
i know if i post something irrelevant, shits going to explode between me and the mods.
Sauce
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]Sig By Zhanex[/COLOR]

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:25 AM »

No one ever listens...

I have spoken to them and hell if I can remember the names now. The wife's name was Merlyn or something to that affect. 

Femcon's Phone # 602-415-1750  Last time I spoke to them I tried to get permission for anyone to use the field. In not so many words I was told anyone caught on "their" land will be arrested for trespassing.  Good luck it's a no go still to this day. I really wish you kids would get it through your thick skulls.
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »
I'm not 100% certain, but I think I heard nobody has been able to find contact information for them. They did, however, talk to some guy in a trailer next door, and he said it was okay. But he doesn't have any kind of legal say in the matter.

The guy that lives in that trailer DOESN'T OWN THE PROPERTY!
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline Shdsteel

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
If they have said specifically not to go on their land, why are people still playing on it? It doesn't make any sense.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »
If they have said specifically not to go on their land, why are people still playing on it? It doesn't make any sense.

Just looking it from the outside, it would seem like people:

a) Don't know

or

b) Don't care

I've never been to Fuji or seen it (up close, at least), but it seems like it's decent to play at. That aside, EVERYONE HAS SAID THAT PERMISSION HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN AND THE FIELD IS A NO-GO! There's a pretty good reason why everyone discourages playing there.

We aren't a bunch of kids running around with spring rifles or nerf guns. We're all a little better than that. We also need to take the sport more seriously and consider the image we are portraying to the public. We don't want to become a problem for the police or be know as people that don't respect and follow the law. As has been said before, we are all involved in "a fringe hobby", which means that any incident can reflect badly on all of us as a whole. We have to be responsible with what we do.

All that excludes the fact that this is VERY ILLEGAL. I'm sure no one wants a trespassing charge on their record, not to mention the jail time or fine that could/would accompany it. There's a ton of great places to play that don't carry these risks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:35:59 AM by Bob Z Moose »
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »

Just looking it from the outside, it would seem like people:

a) Don't know

or

b) Don't care

I've never been to Fuji or seen it (up close, at least), but it seems like it's decent to play at. That aside, EVERYONE HAS SAID THAT PERMISSION HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN AND THE FIELD IS A NO-GO! There's a pretty good reason why everyone discourages playing there.

We aren't a bunch of kids running around with spring rifles or nerf guns. We're all a little better than that. We also need to take the sport more seriously and consider the image we are portraying to the public. We don't want to become a problem for the police or be know as people that don't respect and follow the law. As has been said before, we are all involved in "a fringe hobby", which means that any incident can reflect badly on all of us as a whole. We have to take responsible with what we do.

All that excludes the fact that this is VERY ILLEGAL. I'm sure no one wants a trespassing charge on their record, not to mention the jail time or fine that could/would accompany it. There's a ton of great places to play that don't carry these risks.
I wish I could 'like'  this. 
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!