Author Topic: Is there a best for high speed gearing ratios?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Holy1596

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
Is there a best for high speed gearing ratios?
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »
I want to build up a high speed m4 gearbox, but dont know what ratios are best for the internal gears. And also with a new setup , what brands are best and will i need a new pinion gear as well?

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a best for high speed gearing ratios?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
13:1 gears are probly the most popular and are made by many brands.
the best gears are riotsc gears and for high speed you can get 14:1 and 10:1 ratio.
if you want to get crazy high speed you can get a set of riotsc dual sector gears.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8118
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Holy1596

• Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »
Thanks i really appreciate it. Another question, what motors do you prefer when going for high speed? I know a lot of people go for systema, matrix,g&p, and I know a couple running tienly. Is there a specific motor that would run best with the siegetek gears?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:57:42 PM by Holy1596 »

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
this may sound funny to someone that doesnt have experience with tech related stuff.
when useing high speed gears and going for a high rof, it is best to use a neo magnet high torque motor. you will get better use and more life out of a high torque motor than a high speed motor, plus they run cooler and more efficiant.
systema and g&p motors are not on my high recomended list. yes they make some good motors, but they cost more than they are worth. you can get just as good as performance out of many other motors for way cheaper.
recomended motors (in no particular order) are:
jg blue
echo1 high torque
lonex a1&a2 as well as the titan series are very popular with alot of techs that i talk to.
shs high torqe. they perform nice and are cheap, but can get very hot under extended use.
i have also heard that the matrix magnums are good
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Holy1596

• Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »
Once again thank you. I only have a basic knowledge on internals, and really can only replace them. I would always love to learn , I hate not knowing how to do things myself.

Offline jdmsquadleader

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:28:20 PM »
just putting my 2 cents in a dsg or double secter gear setup, ive never met a dsg setup that ran past 10,000 rounds as far as high speed 13-1 or 10-1 best thing u can do is run lipo setup and build for durability. if u dont mind replaceing part fairly often go with dsg but a 13-1 and 11.1 v lipo and 90-120 spring setup would be best.  when i lived in socal i had seen high speed setups run 10 rounds and some run 50k rounds if not more. as long as someone knows what there doing when they build it and u dont go cheap on parts u should be good.  in the end i wouldnt recomend dsg setups just high speed ratio gears
jdm