Author Topic: Who runs black bbs?  (Read 1391 times)

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Who runs black bbs?
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
I was debating picking up an order of black bioval .30g bbs. Who actually runs black bbs though?

Comments welcome.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:44:17 PM by nukeduster »

Offline JLee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • freshblacktop.com
Re: Who runs black bbs?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »
I have some, but Tempe and Vanguard both want you to run their own stuff and I haven't made it to any outdoor games here.  .30s are heavy..what are you running them in?

Downside is you can't really track them very well to see where your shots are actually going.

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
I have a teammate that runs .32's in his polar star. I have black .43's but would need to probably use red nozzle in my polar star.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
I use them on certain occasions. If I am in a night op I use black BB's. I use them in the dark because I won't be able to see or track my rounds anyway. I enjoy tracking the BB's in the daylight so I usually stick to white BB's, however once I got a tightbore, and used a hop up patch similar to the patches Spazz produces my BB's are a little more stable and predictable so I used black BB's to test it out the other day and had good results.
I have found that the white BB's are easy to see in low light situations both coming and going. The black BB's are less obvious and I feel the element of surprise and in some occasions location is kept a little better with the black BB's.

Black BB's are growing on me and I would be interested in testing out .3's as well
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »
I have some, but Tempe and Vanguard both want you to run their own stuff and I haven't made it to any outdoor games here.  .30s are heavy..what are you running them in?

Downside is you can't really track them very well to see where your shots are actually going.

You shouldn't use that heavy of a bb in cqb. They're for outdoor use for increasing range.

I use .30g in everything. I'd use more .40g+ bbs but theyre significantly more expensive per-round, unless you go with sub-standard quality bbs. In which case, the weight penalty for a lighter bb is negated by their increased consistency.

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
i would mind probly picking up a couple of bags of black bb's.
i used to like the fact that my bb's couldnt be seen when i was shooting.

You shouldn't use that heavy of a bb in cqb. They're for outdoor use for increasing range.
he was probly talking about black bb's and not .3g bb's
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Jaredvp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
I use black .43s in my sniper/DMR set up. But it shoots at 495 fps with .25s and has an IER-Hop set up in it. They work great and have fantastic range and accuracy. You just have to have the right gun build to use them. most hop up units won't put the right spin on them and/or don't have enough power to shoot them very far. the only down side it they are very hard to see and because of that are hard to sight in the first time.