Author Topic: What else would you recommend?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline SmallBoreStateChamp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
  • S.W.C.C.
    • View Profile
What else would you recommend?
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »
So, I have an xcr-l and I had plans to make it into a dmr. I already got a scope and mock suppressor, and I plan on putting a 509mm 6.03 tightbore in it, as well a a harris bipod on it. I know what I like on the externals, but I don't know a whole lot about internals. It is an all stock echo 1 gearbox, and is shooting about 400 fps with the stock 363mm barrel. I don't want to spend a ton of money on upgrades, just wanting some suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:08:25 PM by SmallBoreStateChamp »
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. - George S. Patton

Offline Ghow

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: What else would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:25:26 PM »
This. Tape it to the front of your gun. I have it done on mine:)
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=39494
Kill em all, let God sort it out later:)

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:59 PM »
My XCR shot great stock, but if you want a DMR add a higher spring[130 should do it], make it semi only and use a high voltage battery

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

• Private First Class
  • S.W.C.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
My XCR shot great stock, but if you want a DMR add a higher spring[130 should do it], make it semi only and use a high voltage battery

Mine shoots fine too, I just want to get first round hits over 200 ft. Which XCR do you have? I ask because I have the polymer version with the echo 1 gearbox, not the vfc made xcr and I would like to now how reliable the polymer version is as I have not been able to find any reviews on its long term reliability.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. - George S. Patton

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »
To make it a DMR you will also need a high torque motor and high torque gears with some sorbo for padding. I had my gun tech make my m4 into one and that's what was out in it. You can get good deals on that stuff from S9 Airsoft.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

• Private First Class
  • S.W.C.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »
To make it a DMR you will also need a high torque motor and high torque gears with some sorbo for padding. I had my gun tech make my m4 into one and that's what was out in it. You can get good deals on that stuff from S9 Airsoft.

I'm not so worried about the fps, so I'm probably not going to be putting a stronger spring in, mostly just looking to get better accuracy. I will keep S9 in mind though in case I decide to reinforce the internals.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:58 PM »
Honestly, you've got range and and quick follow up shots. Only thing that it seems that you might want to do with it is put in a tight bore and maybe upgrade your hop up/bucking.

BTW, when you say "polymer version", I'm assuming you mean that the body is polymer. Polymer bodies last just about as long as you don't get crazy abusive with em.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!