Author Topic:  (Read 1070 times)

Offline leakingpen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: April 29, 2004, 09:54:10 AM »
note to would be robbers, when breaking into the home of an armed homeowner, try to choose one with bad aim!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leakingpen »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 09:58:25 AM »
Good for her!  It might be hard for her to deal with, but think of the alternatives...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 10:27:22 AM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><br />"I'm not necessarily mad at her, but I don't know enough. Why unload the gun on him?"<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

WTF?  Bullets are cheap, life is expensive.  Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.  Get a ****ing clue, lady.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 10:58:46 AM »
Good shooting sister!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline Ninja

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 11:01:11 AM »
This is completely anecdotal, but I've heard that women have a tendency keep pulling the trigger in situations like this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ninja »
\"The old 1911 continues along its way to replacing the dog as man\'s best friend.\" -Jeff Cooper

Offline Trashcan

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 11:17:56 AM »
Good for them. Better to put a few more in than have him turn around and shoot you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Trashcan »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 11:59:15 AM »
Any law enforcement person will tell you that if you are in a situation like that, make sure you kill the person.  That way they can't take you to court for punative damages.  Someone told me a story about a women who during the course of a home invasion and rape, reached under her pillow and drew her gun.  She place the barrel on the guys leg and blew him off of her.  The intruder ended up losing several inches of his femur and is now handicapped.  He sued her and WON claiming that she was the reason he is now crippled and cannot support himself.  I think he even got some loot for his suffering.
I say shoot twice. The first in the leg, the second in the head.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 01:22:33 PM »
"Screw double tap, I'm going for slide-lock!"

http://www.ops-se.com/Videos/Emergency%20Reload.MPG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 02:01:34 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by azsarge</i>
<br />"Screw double tap, I'm going for slide-lock!"

http://www.ops-se.com/Videos/Emergency%20Reload.MPG
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

He should have been yelling "someone call the coroner" at that point. [;)]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline leakingpen

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Intruder's killer: 'I had no choice'
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2004, 09:52:53 AM »
http://www.freep.com/news/locway/shot29_20040429.htm

Detroit woman tells of self-defense shooting
April 29, 2004

BY BEN SCHMITT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Their eyes locked.

Then Barbara Holland saw the barrel of the gun.

She lay on the floorin her house after an intruder had knocked her down while pushing through her side door. While on her back, she drew a 9mm handgun from a holster on her waist.

Her assailant's glare suddenly changed.

"He looked surprised," Holland said.

Then she pulled the trigger.

Holland, a 38-year-old Detroit business owner and mother, remembers firing three shots. Detroit police told her she fired six.

Either way, she killed the 42-year-old man, Clabe Hunt -- who had shoved intoher home on Troester, near Hayes, on Detroit's east side at 8:10 p.m. April 13.

He was an ex-con with five children and was armed with a loaded, nickel-plated semiautomatic handgun that was not registered to him. Autopsy reports indicate he was shot in the head multiple times. He never fired his weapon.

Police officers said Holland's gun was licensed, and they determined the shooting to be self-defense. Wayne County prosecutors continue to investigate, which is routine in most fatal shootings.

Citizens defending themselves are precisely what backers of Michigan's controversial concealed-weapons law had in mind when they worked to pass the legislation in 2001. The law makes it easier for anyone without felony convictions or mental illnesses to obtain a permit to carry concealed weapons.

"The more the criminal element knows that Michigan residents can protect themselves and will protect themselves, the more crime goes down," said state Sen. Alan Cropsey, R-Dewitt.

Some opponents of the law predicted a large increase in self-defense-type shootings. Gov. Jennifer Granholm, who opposed the measure when she was state attorney general, has acknowledged that has not occurred.

Even a justified shooting takes its toll, though, as Holland has discovered.

She is slowly coming to terms with the fact that she took a life. Sometimes she has tinges of remorse. Mostly she feels as though she had to protect herself and her 15-year-old daughter, who was home that night, hiding in the living room after the shots.

Hunt's family members are also hurting. They want more answers from police.

"Was someone else with him? Where is his car?" said Hunt's 40-year-old sister, who requested anonymity because she is the owner of a business.

"I'm not necessarily mad at her, but I don't know enough. Why unload the gun on him?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leakingpen »