Author Topic: To Ressurectors and Trolls  (Read 3805 times)

Offline KamikazeSM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
To Ressurectors and Trolls
« on: January 26, 2005, 12:39:28 AM »
I'm sick and tired of newbies resurrecting long dead threads without adding any substantive information, especially those who lie about their age.  

[Name Deleted] - any more resurrections of threads (read the date, it's not hard) and you're getting banned.  And, change your age in your profile to your real age (which I know is under 18, so don't even try it) or, guess what, you're getting banned.

You ask why?  It's because most of us hit the "new topics since last visit" to find out what to read when we check the site.  And when some newb ends up with 13 posts in his first few MINUTES of joining the damn forums and not a single one of them was worth the bits representing it, it gets really annoying to have to sift through a pile of crap on topics that look interesting but in actuality are long dead and we've already read through them in their entirety.  We're really likeable and accepting, just don't be an asshat and you'll get along fine.  Violate this simple rule and we won't like you very much.  This is a private forum and as such everything you see and do here is a privilege which can be revoked as easily as it is granted.

For those lucky enough to have missed [Name Deleted]'s posting rampage, he posted 13 replies (only one was newer than a week) to dead topics with one or two word answers.  I saved you all the trouble of dealing with it by cleaning it up a bit.  Anyone else who feels like resurrecting dead threads, consider yourself warned as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 07:43:06 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 01:09:52 AM »
o0o. I did one on my first time signing up.. this was my first forum :-D. But I sure as heck didn't do 13 replies like that!

He's right, reading the date or waiting a bit for new topics to unfold isn't asking much.

Werent those the threads Greg went crazy with the pics over?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline KamikazeSM

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 01:15:42 AM »
Nope, those were other newbs.  Greg didn't get a chance to have fun with Geronimo.  I thought about letting him, but the pictures, as fun as they are, were ineffectual.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »

Offline Geronimo

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.infiniteairsoft.com/forum
noob
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 06:58:26 AM »
i am new to these forums so i made a mistake lol sorry
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Geronimo »
_Mike_

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: noob
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 07:33:02 AM »
Quote from: "Geronimo"

No, you didn't make a "mistake" you lied about your age (bannable offense) and apparently didn't read the Terms of Use agreement that you accepted.

Consider this the first and last warning.  Please correct your profile within 48 hours, or the account will be locked.

As a warning to others who may try this, your post count has been reset to zero.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 07:49:53 AM »
he plays counter strike...you can tell(he said lol when something wasn't funny.)

*bows before the forum gods*

Now, for all you new guys. We don't hate new guys, and please don't take on that impression. We hate when you bring back old topics, with no info, as said above. Keep things smart, think about it *really* quick before you post something. Ask yourself "am i contributing to this (old, new, whatver it may be.) thread in any way, or am i going to make some people mad?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 10:33:54 AM »
26 yrs old, eh? Mighty old for a 12 yr old.

And I played CS too, so you can't hold that against someone!

Geronimo, I lied about my age on here when I first started (Like I said, this was my first forum), I said I was 18. I thought it'd help people think I was "mature". But.. I changed it as soon as someone braught up me being 18, and I realised that it was pure bs.

In one point of view, I can see why you changed your age, but.. to 26? Dude. dooood. Change it to your god-given age!

And in the other sense, just to warn you.. in AA, the only thing that truly matters agewise is if you play official AA games. Hey, I gotta wait my turn (may), so you wait yours!
كافر
Nate!

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 12:29:07 PM »
Quote from: "Geronimo"

That's the problem.  You didn't make "a" mistake, you made 13 of them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline Crash Bandicoot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 05:03:01 PM »
Also when you lie about your age you must realize airsoft is a game based on honesty so how do you think it looks when you start out lying on the AA site.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Crash Bandicoot »
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to go back to bed.

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 05:49:22 PM »
Advice On Joining This Forum

1) AA is overall a very accepting group and most people do not care much about your background, age, or experience. The most important thing here, by far, is your attitude. If you create an account, read some old posts to get a feel for AA, then make a post to introduce yourself, you will probably be welcomed by everyone here. You can even get extra points if this first post is in English, with at least some punctuation and maybe even capitalization. This may be a hard thing to get used to on an Internet forum, but deal with it. The closer to English your posts are, the more people will listen to you.

2) Be truthful. Integrity is the most vital trait most people here care about. If you lie on here, you will probably lie in an airsoft game, too. Plus, the people on this forum are really good at catching liars. Right, Casey? (edit: Crash Bandicoot beat me too it)

3) (my opinion) Posting small, useless things is ok if a thread is already active, as is posting to a only-been-dead-for-a-short-time thread if you have something of substance to add. But unless you have something good to post to an old thread,DON'T POST! READ THE DATES!

4) Read the AA forum rules, the AA airosft rules, and the sticky threads in each category. I'm starting to think that Paco has disabled the rules links for new accounts; none of the newbies read them!

5) Fill out your profile a bit. It's there for a reason.

6) Avoid names involving Ranger, Delta, SF, SEAL, etc unless you have a good reason for it. If your name already has something like this in it,  change it while your post count is low and nobody knows your name. Don't put Ranger and SF tabs on your bdu's, either, and avoid "SWAT" patches on your new blackhawk vest.

Did I miss anything?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 08:05:55 PM »
Greg:
Yeah, you forgot to add Marines, or USMC to your list of avoiding names.
(joke)

Brian:
Couldn't have said it better myself Remember my friend, Chris? Well, he's the perfect example.. and he makes two things clear.
1. He cheated in paintball, there was a "cheating for pros" website, that taught you, if you got shot, dive to the ground and the paint comes off. He told me he did it all the time. And.. he wonders why everyone says he cheats. And the thing is.. if someone sees you cheat once then after that, if theres the slightest possibilty that you cheated (although you probly didn't), then they're sure you did. Catch my drift?
2. That whole thing, "I play paintball, because you know when someones hit", that's bs.. it's easy to cheat.

Anyways, yeah.. honesty on and off the forum, it'll almost always earn you respect on the field. Sorry for the example on chris, but it's just saying, if you lie or cheat on something other than Airsoft, even tiny things on a forum, you're likely to cheat in airsoft.

Sorry if the post is a tad off topic.
كافر
Nate!

Offline Geronimo

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.infiniteairsoft.com/forum
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 11:00:44 PM »
Sorry guys
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Geronimo »
_Mike_

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 11:04:23 PM »
Why is your post count 1?
كافر
Nate!

Offline KamikazeSM

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 11:07:45 PM »
Quote from: "Paco"
As a warning to others who may try this, your post count has been reset to zero.

There's the reason.  I think this has been sufficiently dealt with and provides good adivce to newbies.  I'm locking it down, so if you have something increidbly pertinant, IM me and I'll unlock it for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »