Author Topic: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!  (Read 685353 times)

Offline Kraken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Re: New Guys, Please Read! Make your first posts here!!
« Reply #1110 on: December 02, 2008, 07:33:16 AM »
Hey,

I got my first airsoft gun when I was 11. I am 14 now and have an ak-47 aeg, a spring sniper, and a co2 pistol. I joined this web site to find some tournaments for me and my church.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ZachCHiPs

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 02, 2008, 10:47:59 PM »
Can't remember when or where I first discovered the "sport". I've always been a gun nut, though no one in my family shares this passion. Tracing back through time, I remember playing the Metal Gear Solid demo way back in early '98 [maybe late '97?], back when Sony still offered the PLAYSTATION UNDERGROUND CLUB/demo disk mail outs. Without going into a WHOLE other ...passion (more like obsession..) I was instantly drawn in to the world of MGS. If you can believe it, I do believe my discovery of airsoft came about sometime around a year after MGS was released; I think i tried my hardest to web-search replica "Cap Guns", not blanks  (I know, it's hard to imagine an 8/9 year old specifying a "Mk23 Cap Gun" into Google.) I think I was redirected towards some foreign web-page [Japanese] and I soon discovered Marui's MK23, and FAMAS.
Little did I know how "groundbreaking" the FAMAS was to the airsoft world, let alone even knew Marui's history, nor know what airsoft actually was. Nothing went very far from those searches-my mind seriously draws a blank. The last thing I remember doing -fastforward 2001(?)- is HITMAN II. Google Search. Hardballer Cap Guns. (OLD School) Tokyo Marui. Again? What was it with that fcuking name. I did a little more research.
In the fallowing months, I'd amass the knowledge that ...well wouldn't leave me dumb founded, questioning manufacture business and history when Western Arms, some years later, came out with their HardBaller.
This knowledge took years to learn (after googling "cheap airsoft"; having owned and "gone through" a near gauntlet of KWC Springers from AIRSPLAT, before turning to the likes of Redwolf, etc.) and in that time, the love for anything guns, scope&sight recticles, Pre-ban/Post-ban, etc grew.

I really don't know how I got to where I am today,
"It's been one hell of a ride" would be ..major understatement. After meeting some friends who shared a real common interest in this during High School, I was introduced to AA right before I bought MY first gun/s, at the LEGAL age (lol, my youth laughs..) over at The Gearbox (thanks Ron & crew) summer my Junior Year.

While I may talk big here on the forum, don't be afraid to put the "rookie" in his place.

See ya'll out on the field.

Offline LosAlamos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Peoria Airsoft Team Forum
« Reply #1112 on: December 05, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
Im "Rootbeer". Im an 8th grader. I was the first of my friends to get an airsoft gun and also the first to get an automatic. Since I was 11 I have owned 5 guns and now only have 1, however its an Aftermath Lycaon(woohoo). Yeah my Ak broke on Halloween because I was being a russian(my heritage, along with dutch and alot of other stuff, but mostly russian). Ya I saw the russian clan! I might join it as soon as I get my questions in 'General Discussion' answered. Oh I'm the second best out of my 8 friends. I also have my own arisofting website(peoria airsofting) lol!
Peoria Airsoft Team
Peoria, Arizona
www.peoriaairsoft.com

Offline sonjamichelle

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:25 AM »
I'm a Texas airsofter, my son recently moved back to the Phoenix area with my ex. Mainly I'm looking for fields and events for him in the Phoenix area. First a little about me:

I'm relatively new to airsoft but not new to re-enactment, MilSim or tactical operations.

I started with WW2 re-enactment back in '90 and '91 before I was deployed off to do the real thing. Came back a couple of years later and starting training on the Law Enforcement side of things with my local Sheriff's Office, Police Dept and a couple of private security firms. I kinda got tired of getting the one finger wave all the time so I moved to the EMS side of things. I paintballed a few times during those years and mainly kept up on the tactical side through classes and training events where I had a few connections and standing invitations. I got divorced, moved to Texas and eventually found my way into the Fire side of Public Safety.

My son just recently came out to live with me. I kept noticing all these damn green balls all over the house. He would, like a typical pre-teen, mumbled off some explanation. Then one day sitting at his desk working on his PC I saw some print outs for a couple of airsoft guns. Then it dawned on me what all those blasted green balls were.

I decided to do some research myself and found out how involved airsoft was and could get. Ok, so it wasn't just a bunch of kids running around the park yelling "bang bang", there are some serious folks out there. I thought to myself, "Now this is something I could get into." Looking at the OpLionClaws events, perusing the different dealer/manufacturer sites (and drooling a bit) I can hardly wait for my knee to heal so I can get back into some tactical fun.

I'll create another post elsewhere to discuss my goals and desires for joining this forum.
Sonja Michelle Lina Thomas

Offline TBone

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 07, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »
Hey my name is Tom, i am some what new to this sport. i have played paint ball for several years. I am a retired New York City Police officer. i moved out here 5 years ago.i have enjoyed playing with you guys for a few months now. Hope to see ya out there!!
9-11-01 " In memory of those we lost and in honor of those who survived"

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 07, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
Quote from: "TBone"
Hey my name is Tom, i am some what new to this sport. i have played paint ball for several years. I am a retired New York City Police officer. i moved out here 5 years ago.i have enjoyed playing with you guys for a few months now. Hope to see ya out there!!

Thanks for your service, TBone.

PM me if you have any questions.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline StrivingToSnipe

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 07, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Evan and i have been to a couple AA games and love it. I was in ROTC so i am familiar with the military way of doing things. I currently have an JG BAR-10, ICS M16 A3, and a KWA M4 A1. Freinds call me shakes cause i have a slight hand tremor from time to time... nothing major just good joke material... Lookin forward to more games and hopefully joining  a team!
JG BAR-10
DBC Tightbore 6.01
Soon to come: Bull Barrel, PDI internals, Bucking, Custom JBU Silencer, PDI 250% spring

ICS M16 A3
Tightbore 6.01, King Arms MRE Kit for M16, Systema Hop up unit, firefly bucking

KWA M3A1 RIS

Systema Hop up, firefly bucking

Offline _Shakes_

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 07, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
Sorry just was on wrong account...

Hey guys, my name is Evan and i have been to a couple AA games and love it. I was in ROTC so i am familiar with the military way of doing things. I currently have an JG BAR-10, ICS M16 A3, and a KWA M4 A1. Freinds call me shakes cause i have a slight hand tremor from time to time... nothing major just good joke material... Lookin forward to more games and hopefully joining a team!
JG BAR-10 w/ DBC 6.01, and Nineball Bucking

ICS M16 A3

ICS MP5 (KIA)

TM PSG-1 (KIA)

KWA M4 A1

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
Why do you have more than one account?

Offline _Shakes_

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 08, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »
it was actuallly my friends acct...
JG BAR-10 w/ DBC 6.01, and Nineball Bucking

ICS M16 A3

ICS MP5 (KIA)

TM PSG-1 (KIA)

KWA M4 A1

Offline Joshbravo

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »
Hi, I am Josh and I am from Glendale.  Got into this sport at the urging of one of my friends.  Needed some physical activity and a team sport and this covered both.  I have run in a few games so far and I have really enjoyed it.
Team Saguaro

Offline Marine101

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 11, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »
Welcome everyone that is new or a vet. to airsoft.
PFC Mark Morgan
855 MP CO
Phoenix, Arizona

Offline redwizard64

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 12, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »
Hey everyone, I am 22 years old and live in Mesa. I got my first airsoft gun about a year and a half ago (being ignorant i of course got the clear wal-mart guns) but shortly after i bought a couple of KJW M9's, a TM P90TR and a TM MP5K-PDW. I have an all black uniform setup so if anyone is looking to do a match with special ops in black or something let me know. hopefully by the time summer roles around i will be able to afford a more desert suited setup. I came online here because I finally got tired of destroying soda cans in the back yard with my friend (who finally got his first gun, an Echo 1 P90TR). So now that my friend finally has his own gun we are looking for some places to play at.

Offline EVA_ALPHA

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 14, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »
Hello AA!
Chris Martinez here. Ive always been into military and law enforcement since ive known that my dad was in the army. im 28 now and stumbled onto airsoft about 8 months ago, bought my first carbine about 5 months ago and  have been itching to build a team! My first attempt wasnt successfull so im back at it again. I have created East Valley Airsoft | Alph Company @ www.evairsoft.com in the hopes to find players around my area to train with. if your interested let me know! im new to this so i hope this post is acceptable!
 [smilie=armata_pdt_01.gif]

chris
EVA_ALPHA

Offline DarkZidane

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 15, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »
Hello,
I'm James (JC) I'm 23, I live in hereford (6-7miles south of sierra vista). I have been playing arisoft for about a year with a group that plays up on Ft. Huachuca. Until now i have been renting guns from them to play with, but this week i will be getting my own guns ( a jg M4 at 360fps, and a we hi-capa metal dragon 5.1 at 325fps). I have one black vest setup with blk/wht camo pants. I love playing arisoft down here and we have many places around here that would be great for games with little or no work to set-up. I would like to start going to more games around arizona and maybe join a team. As for my personal skill, I consider myself decent, I have good aim and tatical sence, I have no military exp, But I love to learn from vet. players, so hello everyone and hope to see you at a game soon