Author Topic: Russian Camo!!!  (Read 1332 times)

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Russian Camo!!!
« on: February 27, 2005, 06:18:37 PM »
Does any body use Russian Camo for games? Like the Forest BDU's? 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 06:48:16 PM »
ill sometimes wear my soviet KLMK to  games, it turns heads
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:10:41 PM »
check out http://www.russiancombatgear.com if want some good russian gear.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 09:01:17 PM »
Dude thats even better than the one I was one thanks mate!!!!!

Offline creed_DET5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 01:27:58 AM »
Y'know, if someone were to set up a hardcore, Russian-themed airsoft unit, I might consider equipping myself with Russian gear, just for the coolness factor.  Hell, I even speak a little Russian.   :twisted:

-Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by creed_DET5 »
DET-5, detailed to SWAIRTAC

\"Well, you\'re either part of the problem, or your\'re part of the solution, or you\'re just part of the landscape.\"  -Ronin

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 10:05:49 AM »
Heck why dont we bolth do it? I am sure that even Ron might consider doing it too. He is such a die hard AK lover like myself!!!  Now that  I mention it a few names come to mind.  I think there is some elite group I saw on the history channel a few years back. I cant remmber the Russian name but the translation I belive was the "Pitbull Terriers". I would be sweet to start another Airsoft Team for people that want to run around with Ak's, and Russian Gear!!!! I think we should discuss this, and maybe make a post.

Offline creed_DET5

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 03:58:18 PM »
Definitely a longer-term project, though.  Between the guns, the LBE and the uniforms it's going to cost.  On the plus side, Russian military doctrine does not classify pistols as combat weapons (or they didn't until very recently).  That means we don't have to worry about sidearms.  But yes, I think a Russian-themed outfit is very doable, and if we trained properly it'd be effective as all hell.  Russian isn't that widely known, either, so using it over comms would be great OPSEC.
Even better if we could find some genuine Russians to advise us on details or even play with us.

-Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by creed_DET5 »
DET-5, detailed to SWAIRTAC

\"Well, you\'re either part of the problem, or your\'re part of the solution, or you\'re just part of the landscape.\"  -Ronin

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 07:20:02 PM »
id be interested if you were going soviet, i dont like the russian federation equipment, hell my soviet camo alone cost 113 alone, i have a basic soviet lbv and a belt and y harness cost 40 bucks, commie stuff is pricey
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 07:22:35 PM »

-carl

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 09:47:44 PM »
I just bought a whole bunch of stuff from www.russiancombatgear.com but agreed it should not matter what side arm you use!!!! I would like to focus solely on camo, and rifles!!!! Gear I dont think I would be so picky on personaly but I would recommend it. Gear I found is cheaper than regular weesatches but BDU's and such cost a little more. However, I have heard that Russian BDU's are far superiour, and loger lasting then US spec.

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 12:41:11 AM »
I just put up a new post under General Topic for those of you who want to join an all Russian team!!!

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 07:31:45 PM »
id be care ful with russian bdus. all the ones ive come across were rather fragile (weak seams, bad button threads and thin fabric). thier expensive so i wouldnt wear them constantly or put too much gear over them.

-carl

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 08:39:23 PM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
id be care ful with russian bdus. all the ones ive come across were rather fragile (weak seams, bad button threads and thin fabric). thier expensive so i wouldnt wear them constantly or put too much gear over them.

I will keep that in mind. However, I read the reviews from the stuff I bought, and it was talking about how the seems, and everything are reinfored. So I will just have to wait and see, and hope for the best.