Author Topic: Want to get out of a speeding ticket?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline TheRev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 06:23:29 PM »
Lead, read my post. You repeated exactly what I said. The balloons by themselves, are not illegal. The "use" of them, would probably break any number of laws.

TheRev
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheRev »
No plan, no matter how well conceived, survives first contact - Murphy\'s Law 124

Books, my young Padawan, are the food of the mind - Me

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 10:13:17 PM »
Quote from: "TheRev"
Lead, read my post. You repeated exactly what I said. The balloons by themselves, are not illegal. The "use" of them, would probably break any number of laws.

TheRev

Didn't look too exact to me, but no.  Not any number of laws.  Most specifically the one I mentioned.  I think we all pretty much took it for granted that the balloons themselves weren't  illegal unless maybe there was a rider in number four font attached to the "Patriot" Act we all missed.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 10:47:44 PM »
Quote from: "leadmagnet"
I think we all pretty much took it for granted that the balloons themselves weren't  illegal unless maybe there was a rider in number four font attached to the "Patriot" Act we all missed.

Lead

Do I have to go and check AGAIN?

Those are rather funny but I would never think about attaching those.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline TheRev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 10:00:53 PM »
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of criminal negligence, creating a public nuisance, reckless endangerment, etc. Although you're right, unless of course. the tailing balloon had a red flag or other warning device affixed so as to comply with the laws governing the length of obstructions attached to vehicles (are the laws the same in Kali?).

TheRev
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheRev »
No plan, no matter how well conceived, survives first contact - Murphy\'s Law 124

Books, my young Padawan, are the food of the mind - Me