Author Topic: Upgrading my M16A1.  (Read 1156 times)

Offline cmptrdewd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Upgrading my M16A1.
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:20:55 PM »
Before I get flamed just to say I don't have the money to get a GBB or an AEG and won't for quite a while so I'll just have to work with my spring rifle for now. I want to upgrade the spring to give it a little bit more power, make a tight bore barrel out of metal piping from Home Depot, and give it a good camo paint job. I tried taking my m16 apart the other day but the screws won't budge. Should I use WD-40 or Silicon Oil to loosen the screws?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline PHX COBRA

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:27:20 PM »
Your not going to do much to it, and definatly not going to get any spring to give it more power for more then a few shots before the whole thing falls apart.  Also, your not going to find piping in 6.04mm, and if you do, i bet the barrel in there is permantly affixed(if there is even a inner barrel)

Also, if the screws look plastic, and like the aint gunna come out is probably because they arnt screws, they are just for show and it all glued together :shock:

Save that money, and mow a few lawns, then get a GBB, they can be had for less then 80 bux ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PHX COBRA »

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:04:17 PM »
COBRA is right. I tried getting around it, getting an AEG is the only way to go if you want to get into airsoft. Save every scrap you got, sacrafice a movie night or two, and eat at home! Believe me, the time for you to get a nice AEG will come sooner than you think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 10:06:23 PM »
Come play at one of our games with that springer and see what happens.

I bet that money will get saved up alot quicker!  No rush though, you got 4 more years!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
I bet that money will get saved up alot quicker!  No rush though, you got 4 more years!

My point. I can't really play with you guys yet. Maybe I should just paint it to get good at painting. My spring rifle is only good for target practice! :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto