Author Topic: MP5-A5 problem  (Read 2471 times)

Offline kingsix123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/kingsixone
MP5-A5 problem
« on: March 21, 2005, 05:07:42 PM »
Hey everybody, I took my mp5 to jungletoy and he couldn't fix my gun, caus i needed to shim my gears. Now that i've done that i can't seem to get the timing right on my selector gear. I've gone to several web pages with instructions, but can't seem to find any pages with pics of how it's supposed to sit. all they say is for the post on the gear to be at 1:00 and that isn't working. it just pulls the spring all the way back, and dosn't release it. Thanks in advance for any help. Thanks, Tim aka Kingsix123  [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by kingsix123 »
The only thing Necessary  for the triumph of evil is for good men to do NOTHING!

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 12:28:17 AM »
As I understand it the sector gear runs not compressing the spring at all between firing, so that the piston teeth are not being touched as they advance to fire the round. There is not realy a need to figure out accurate timing because the only gear that needs to be synchronized is the sector gear with the tappet plate and piston. Every time the gear makes a full cycle it goes throgh a neutral position where the main spring and piston are not racked back and the tappet plate is about to be moved to advance the next round, but since this process is cyclic as long as everything is in the correct position during the neutral phaze then it should not have a problem when under load. When setting the sector gear in the gearbox, I always place it in that neutral position with the non-toohthed side toward the piston and the post at 1:00 where it does not touch the tappet plate. I am not sure how you got it wrong other than if you compressed the spring and placed the teeth in the wrong position so that when the motor runs it tries to over compress the spring which it cant and stops which just means that you need to take your gears to the neutral position (nonspring compression) close the gearbox in that position. The other thing that could be wrong is if your motor does not have enough juice to compress the spring and then would rack it back as far as it could and then let it rest on the anti-reversal latch, in that case you need a higher volt battery or a re-charge.  I hope that helps, if not perhaps further explanation is needed on your specific problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline kingsix123

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
MP5-A5 problem
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 11:06:15 AM »
Hey, thanks for the tips. I got it to function yesterday night, the main problem was that the spring that holds one of the brushes in place on the motor was missing somehow :roll: . I have it firing properly now, but i can't use my 8.4V batteries, only my 9.6. as i understand it, i have a 120 spring with metal bushings, and i think it's requiring the extra voltage to fire properly. Or could it possibly be that my motor is wearing out? Since i've only been airsofting for about a year now, my knowledge is somewhat limited (although i can take my mp5 apart and put it back to gether in like 5 minutes now!) Thanks again, Tim aka kingsix123 [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]
The only thing Necessary  for the triumph of evil is for good men to do NOTHING!

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 01:18:56 PM »
With a heavyer spring and beefed up internals it takes added juice to run the whole system through. I had a brand new TM eg1000 motor and a 170 spring and the motor could not even rack it back once with an 8.4V battery. You might want to be careful with your motor if one of the brushes came out, keep an eye on it. Can I safely assume it is an ICS since you took it back to J.U. ngletoy? I had nothing but problems with my ICS mp5, but sometimes you get lemons, be aware of your limitaitons and be sure to be on the lookout for a good deal on a seccond gun like a TM mp5 or M4. I totally know the feeling about after having a gun with problems you realy get to know your way around the gearbox, It felt realy good to be able to strip down clean off and freshly lube up my internals without a problem and in quick time. Good luck.

Offline kingsix123

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
MP5-A5 problem
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 01:39:06 PM »
It's an Tm. Actually i bought i used from someone oh here, and didn't have any problems till this. I told the guy at JT to fix whatever the problem was and then charge me for whatever he had to fix, but i guess he didn't wanna get off his duff and do it, so i did it in two hours, and know how to work on it. so i guess i should thank him for storing the gun for two and a half weeks huh :evil:  anyways, it's up and runnin like a dream now so i'm pummped  [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]  [smilie=armata_pdt_40.gif]  [smilie=armata_pdt_35.gif]  Thanks again, for your tips, Tim aka kingsix123 [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: MP5-A5 problem
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »
Quote from: "kingsix123"
It's an Tm. Actually i bought i used from someone oh here, and didn't have any problems till this. I told the guy at JT to fix whatever the problem was and then charge me for whatever he had to fix, but i guess he didn't wanna get off his duff and do it, so i did it in two hours, and know how to work on it. so i guess i should thank him for storing the gun for two and a half weeks huh :evil:  anyways, it's up and runnin like a dream now so i'm pummped  [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]  [smilie=armata_pdt_40.gif]  [smilie=armata_pdt_35.gif]  Thanks again, for your tips, Tim aka kingsix123 [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]
And what Jungletoy did you take it to? I don't know any AZ JT employees that are lazy like that...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 02:05:22 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
With a heavyer spring and beefed up internals it takes added juice to run the whole system through. I had a brand new TM eg1000 motor and a 170 spring and the motor could not even rack it back once with an 8.4V battery. You might want to be careful with your motor if one of the brushes came out, keep an eye on it. Can I safely assume it is an ICS since you took it back to J.U. ngletoy? I had nothing but problems with my ICS mp5, but sometimes you get lemons, be aware of your limitaitons and be sure to be on the lookout for a good deal on a seccond gun like a TM mp5 or M4. I totally know the feeling about after having a gun with problems you realy get to know your way around the gearbox, It felt realy good to be able to strip down clean off and freshly lube up my internals without a problem and in quick time. Good luck.

Was that a PDI 170% spring or a Systema M170 spring???  There's a world of difference between the two.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 02:07:54 PM »
John, even the 170's are pretty damn tough. Before compressing mine, I was shooting almost 430 in my M4. I'd imagine you couldn't even get a m170 to rack with a 9.6, I could be wrong though.

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 02:11:04 PM »
True Andy, but I was asking out of curiousity.  I've read of others putting M170's in their AEG's and for what reason I ask?  Who you planning to shoot with that thing, certainly not me I hope?  That sort of thing....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 02:22:12 PM »
Yeah, Probably the crazy (azn's) in Kalifornya. I'm going to just say "what did i tell ya?" when one of them shoots their 1000fps M4 with 47 attachments on the RIS at someone and it lands them a lawsuit, or worse, the guys gets hurt real bad.

Back to your problem, who exactly was it at Jungletoy? And did you get charged for a service fee?

Offline kingsix123

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Jungle toy
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 05:00:36 PM »
It was the Tempe Jungle Toy, and i just can't seem to remmember his name. no he didn't charge a service fee, cause he didn't do anything except isassemble it for me. now i just need to get a connector for my motor. Anybody know where to get one? or do u have to buy a new harness? Thanks, Tim aka Kingsix123  [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 05:07:30 PM »
Must have been Dusty, but he is always busy working on guns so that might have been the case. I saw an mp5 in there a while back but it was more than 2 weeks ago, more like 3.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 06:36:11 PM »
It was a PDI 170 spring, sorry not to specify. I havent messed around with the systema M170 so I would not know the difference.

Offline kingsix123

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
MP5-A5 problem
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 06:51:09 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
Must have been Dusty, but he is always busy working on guns so that might have been the case. I saw an mp5 in there a while back but it was more than 2 weeks ago, more like 3.

Yeah  i can understand, but he at least shoulda told me that he couldn't get to my gun, and not make exuses for why it isn't done, especially since he never delivered after making 3 new finish dates over 2 1/2 weeks, i mean PLEASE!!!  [smilie=armata_pdt_36.gif]

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 09:20:20 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
It was a PDI 170 spring, sorry not to specify. I havent messed around with the systema M170 so I would not know the difference.

Trust me there is a very big difference. [smilie=armata_pdt_25.gif] Not sure what a m170 would shoot at, and I dont want to find out. But a PDI 170 with a silent head set can get a mauri to shoot around 400fps.  [smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »