Author Topic: Gas Powered Colt Revolvers  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Husker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Gas Powered Colt Revolvers
« on: June 08, 2005, 06:48:51 PM »
I went into Jungle Toys (Tempe) yesterday and saw they had 1973 Colt "Peacemakers". Until then I hadn't even been aware they were in production, and now I want one. I went online and did some searching and found that Tanaka makes the Colt revolvers. I was wondering if anyone who has had experience with Tanaka could give me an idea of how well they perform. Or if anyone knows of another company that makes the Colt revolvers. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Husker »
Now beat it before I get Cambodian on your asses!

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:54:26 PM »
There is a guy that posts on here known as Spazz. He has a Tanaka revolver. They are pretty cool, but they use heavy wieght BBs like .36s other wise they travel about 100 feet, then arch up. Good little guns. The action is nice an crisp too. Hope that helps a bit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Husker

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:59:54 PM »
how badly do they arch up? i was kind of playing around with it in the store, it felt really nice. the hammer was a bit easier to draw back on the tanaka compared to the original, but i dont necessarily thing that is a bad thing  8)

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:01:55 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
There is a guy that posts on here known as Spazz. He has a Tanaka revolver. They are pretty cool, but they use heavy wieght BBs like .36s other wise they travel about 100 feet, then arch up. Good little guns. The action is nice an crisp too. Hope that helps a bit.
But they are simple action(which means you have to cock them after every shot).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 07:06:39 PM »
Quote from: "Husker"
how badly do they arch up? i was kind of playing around with it in the store, it felt really nice. the hammer was a bit easier to draw back on the tanaka compared to the original, but i dont necessarily thing that is a bad thing  8)

Well lets say if you used a .12 insted of a .20 when you should realy be using a .36. Lets just say you will shoot yourself in the @$$ with that arch. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 07:09:14 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
But they are action(which means you have to cock them after every shot).

I think you mean single action Busta.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline Husker

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 07:15:59 PM »

i like single action. as wierd as that may sound. besides, in the right hands, you could unload six shots from a single action revolver just as quick as you could unload six shots from a m92. i've seen it done.

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 07:28:48 PM »
the arch up BAD, over the corse of several feet it arches up at a 90 degree angle almost.. Just use heavy BBs and you won't have a problem.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 07:35:44 PM »

i like single action. as wierd as that may sound. besides, in the right hands, you could unload six shots from a single action revolver just as quick as you could unload six shots from a m92. i've seen it done.
I wouldn't do that too much with an airsoft gun though, They are not made of the best materials especially when stock.

And yes, Mikey, I meant to add single. Damn! :?

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 07:38:24 PM »
Busta, these are Tanaka pistols, they aren't made with shotty plastic, and all the other crap like we are used to. They are sturdy little pistols. Kinda cool to own I think.

Offline Husker

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

I wouldn't do that too much with an airsoft gun though, They are not made of the best materials especially when stock.

And yes, Mikey, I meant to add single. Damn! :?

no, i dont usually go full rock and roll when i have a real pistol. i prefer to take my time and aim. but with the real deal, i've seen a man get all six shots off a colt peacemaker in 3.5 seconds.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 07:39:40 PM »
*Waits for previous tanaka owners to interject*. Tanaka is kind of like TM when it come's to some of their guns, more for show then action.

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 08:13:19 PM »

I think its a great gun!  Teaches you to make each shot to count and be tactical.  When I shot a lot of IPSC and was referred to as a "Hose Master" because of my spray and pray... then spray again technique.  I switched to a Taurus 608 8-Shot .357 (converted for 'Moon-Clips').  Changed my game, made me think about reloads, and make every shot count.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 08:51:07 PM »
Great pistol, Andy! 8)

I'm starting to wanna be on your team in this upcoming pistols match!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 08:58:09 PM »
To be honest Andy, not a big fan of the red dot sight. However, if it helps you in a shooting competition, more power to it :P.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!