Author Topic: mp5a4 or g36c...classic army or tokyo marui...  (Read 6105 times)

Offline seph6885

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
mp5a4 or g36c...classic army or tokyo marui...
« on: July 01, 2005, 05:01:35 PM »
so, i've been thinking about getting another aeg, namely an mp5a4 or a g36c. the 'dilemma' is whether to go CA or TM, since both companies make both of those guns. what do you guys think is a better buy? comparisons? pros and cons? oh and you can spout off about which gun is better if you want. anything would be helpful. thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seph6885 »

after throwing a man through a window..
newsreporter: \"is there anything you regret about what you did?\"
charles: \"yea, i regret we weren\'t on a higher floor\"

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: mp5a4 or g36c...classic army or tokyo marui...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:03:19 PM »
Quote from: "seph6885"
so, i've been thinking about getting another aeg, namely an mp5a4 or a g36c. the 'dilemma' is whether to go CA or TM, since both companies make both of those guns. what do you guys think is a better buy? comparisons? pros and cons? oh and you can spout off about which gun is better if you want. anything would be helpful. thanks.
CA has a new version of their G36K coming out pretty soon. It will be upgraded and reinforced just like the CQBR.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Lasivian

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 05:23:07 PM »
Thought you didn't like CA Busta.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lasivian »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 05:27:15 PM »
Quote from: "Lasivian"
Thought you didn't like CA Busta.
I dont like their M15 series due to shitty quality control, but Ive put some rounds through their old G36 and It's pretty nice...even though its plastic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 06:13:12 PM »
If you are going for a gun that will be mainly for metal and looks than go with the classic army.
But if you want utter relaibility and a gun that will always work no mater how you abuse it than go with marui.

Classic army is still a relitavley young company in the airsoft industry. They do make good guns, but they arent the most reliable at times. They are reliable for a while, but you can say that after a few years of service at least one major problem is always encountered. (Ive fixed alot more ICS/CA boxes than I have marui boxes.  The only drawback that marui has is that they dont have as much metal on the bodies. But they probably make up for it in terms of reliability. Tokyo Marui has been around for nearly 20 years, and by now they know what they are doing. They have spent the time to engineer their guns to stand up to years worth of wear and tear. I guess you can call them the "workhorse" aegs, because even if thay arent as pretty, they still keep working through thick and thin.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 06:18:43 PM »
Thats all talking about stock TMs.  Once you crack them up to upgrade them all bets are off, just like any AEG.  There are many disadvantages and advantages with each maker. They have been discussed here and abroad before.  Enjoy using the search feature and if you still have some specific questions, please ask them here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline seph6885

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 06:19:01 PM »
Quote from: "m-79_Grenadier"
If you are going for a gun that will be mainly for metal and looks than go with the classic army.
But if you want utter relaibility and a gun that will always work no mater how you abuse it than go with marui.

Classic army is still a relitavley young company in the airsoft industry. They do make good guns, but they arent the most reliable at times. They are reliable for a while, but you can say that after a few years of service at least one major problem is always encountered. (Ive fixed alot more ICS/CA boxes than I have marui boxes.  The only drawback that marui has is that they dont have as much metal on the bodies. But they probably make up for it in terms of reliability. Tokyo Marui has been around for nearly 20 years, and by now they know what they are doing. They have spent the time to engineer their guns to stand up to years worth of wear and tear. I guess you can call them the "workhorse" aegs, because even if thay arent as pretty, they still keep working through thick and thin.

very informative. thanks!

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 06:23:04 PM »
Just to let you know...the Classic Army G36 is NOT metal. Its plastic. Its a pretty nice peice for being only 20 bucks(more or less) than the Marui.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Mugen

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 09:38:07 PM »
I have a CA g36c and I have to say that I am really impressed with its quality and functionality.  Just pop in a 120 spring, upgraded battery and you are good to go.  1 high cap carries 470 rounds, the life of the high torque motor is good, and there is soon to be alot more upgrades for it.  Including the G36k, with the scope and integrated carry handle.  The bigger handgaurd will allow for a large type batt, with a longer barrell for accuracy.   The m4s are all pretty good..dont count out the SRC m4....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mugen »
It was once believed that Chuck Norris actually lost a fight to a
pirate, but that is a lie, created by Chuck Norris himself to lure more pirates to him. Pirates never were very smart.

Offline seph6885

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 10:22:04 PM »
Quote from: "Mugen"
I have a CA g36c and I have to say that I am really impressed with its quality and functionality.  Just pop in a 120 spring, upgraded battery and you are good to go.  1 high cap carries 470 rounds, the life of the high torque motor is good, and there is soon to be alot more upgrades for it.  Including the G36k, with the scope and integrated carry handle.  The bigger handgaurd will allow for a large type batt, with a longer barrell for accuracy.   The m4s are all pretty good..dont count out the SRC m4....

oh yea, i remember liking it a lot when i held it. i think the main thing thats giving the mp5 an upperhand in my mind is the large battery versus the mini battery.

Offline 1trooper, manyweapons

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 11:49:51 PM »
Head out to the game. Ill let you fire my CA g36c, with silencer, which is still stock. Dont worry about the battery, unless you have seen my battery thats velcoed to the side of the gun, large 8.4/9.6 batterys work. Tends to become front heavy.
Head to the local hobby store. Hobby Barn on 21st street&Kolb, thats a good place for getting the connectors for small to large&large to small or anything else that you can think of.

and +1 for M-79Grenadier. He summed it up quite well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 1trooper, manyweapons »
armory-2 m60s,2 m733s,G36c,Infinity handgun,3 G3SG1s,shotgun,p90
formally owned 2 mp5s, Ak47,p90tr. total weapons= 9... total at one time 17different guns.
BTW whats the need for mags, grab, use, dump the gun, then use another. Iam a walking armory.

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 09:50:30 PM »
Anyone have one of these? I just bought one and it will be here Wednesday.. my first piece of AEG.... was deciding between Classic Army and this one and the AE sounded better. Looked at a TM version and I know I would snap it in half the first day out... DH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 12:08:18 AM »
A)  Go with the TM G36.

B)  THIS is wierd:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline seph6885

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 02:20:33 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
A)  Go with the TM G36.

B)  THIS is wierd:

haha, dont worry about princess aurora, its an inside thing.

Offline Mugen

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 12:57:37 PM »
I just have to say that after the Missle Tank game today..I am extremely impressed with the CA G36c.  High rate of fire when needed, accurate shots, high cap, decent batt life, and the 350.00 pkg at Jungle Toy is like...whaoa!  Me likee my 36.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mugen »
It was once believed that Chuck Norris actually lost a fight to a
pirate, but that is a lie, created by Chuck Norris himself to lure more pirates to him. Pirates never were very smart.