Author Topic: OP: Nightstorm on 10/14-16  (Read 8104 times)

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 05:10:59 PM »
Simmer dawn, naw.

Let's keep the thread on topic and the aggression to a minimum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 05:38:48 PM »
Quote from: "Dust2Dust"
The last MMA game?  Where the cops busted people?  That wasn't an MMA game at all.  It was supposed to be some party or something.  I wasn't there, I couldn't tell you what happened.  

The first attempt should not count.  How many of you know I spent 8 hours in the hospital, and have had over $4,000 in dental bills, not including my hospital bills for that?  Or how many know the nerve damage I have right  now?  I can't feel part of my face because of the severed nerves?  And how many people did not show because certain people on these boards turned them away from the event?  The first attempt is behind us, who cares?  We're redoing it.  

If you are not going, do not post negative comments.  You can keep them to yourselves.  Thank you.

Ouch, sounds like a bad injury, how'd that one happen??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 05:45:43 PM »
I was a linesman in the USA Hockey Rocky Mountain District Regional tournament (determines who goes to nationals for our district), I was one of 20 officials (referees) selected from the 9 states.  This little punk took a slapshot (I find out he averages 80mph hit over 95 a few times) and it got me right in the mouth, split my lip big enough for the doctor to fit his finger right through and touch my teeth and remove fragments from my tooth haha.  Good times, good times :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dust2Dust »

Offline FarFromEinstein

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 06:10:37 PM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"
Quote from: "Legs"
OK.  Do what you will and enjoy the game.  I never said they'd have colds.  I said it's a bad idea to encourage minors to play in a sport which by law they cannot even acquire their gear for.

You can have numbers, or you can have serious adult players.  A training outing doesn't mean flip when you're dealing with a minor who cannot be held responsible for his actions.

You're not alone in inspiring them to come out and I'm hardly in the majority in wanting to see airsoft remain the adult activity it was meant to be.  

All of my background is in the firearms industry, and I've seen the laws and reasons for them changing over the past two decades.  Paintball is nowhere near as scrutinized as airsoft because of it's comparison to real firearms and the potential for misuse (assumed).  If you (all) ignore the clear fact that the public hates the idea of kids with guns (airsoft guns are now elevated in class above toys, beneath real firearms), then we will all soonor or later pay for that.  Once again, that's my point.

What you probly don't know, is that this is the second attempt! How many showed up last time? How bout' the cops that came :-P.

Edit: That first part you posted, legs, about minors.. I never thought about it that way. Always been against minors.. just because they were annoying. But, good call!  [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]

Anyhow, good luck at another go-around at NS.

... What are you talking about? I think you just confused NS with Deans get together/party...

NS: Dave didnt show up because his tooth got messed up.. we all waited for him and left early.. NO cops..

Deans Get Together: Cops came and wrote citations for stupid shit (Half of those citations got written off, the judge saw that they were bs, other than Matts [STOLI], He didnt go.. and now hes got a warrant out for his arest)

Think before you post.. or atleast get your facts straight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FarFromEinstein »
I hate AEG\'s... I love to snipe.

Offline Ghostsequel

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 12:23:03 AM »
First, I gotta ask...what exactly happened at the last MMA game that caused all this rancor and tumultuous turmoil?

Second, I think anyone who has a problem playing the game with minors...shouldn't play the game with minors.  If they're willing to go and camp out and play a physical game for 3 days, it sounds to me like they're not some snot-nosed little brats playing with the toy gun their rich daddy bought for them, but somebody who actually wants to play the game and learn.  Besides, most of the guys on here who are minors actually seem to be pretty mature and I wouldn't mind playing with or against them.

Third, I think the game sounds pretty f-ing fun and I plan on being there as long as we don't have a live burn or something at the fire academy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 01:30:27 AM »
1) The first game went down hill went many, many people cancelled last minute, literally.  I got calls on my phone from these people saying "something came up."  Also, Me being in the hospital put a huge damper on it.  I'll be honest, it wasn't put together too well.  We are redoing it, and it's going to be done right.

2) Amen
3) Thank you.

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 09:41:49 AM »
Doc, thanks for the PMs and the commiunication back and forth.  It's refreshing to met people who can discuss issues.

The rest of you completely miss or ignore the points I've made about minors.  It is not personal.  I do not care if you're awesome or a snot nosed brat.  I don't care where you got your gun, if you're willing to wait in line, or if you like real bananas in your milkshakes.  I don't care about the details beyond your age, and that puts my remarks in a totally different realm from that which you are consistently placing them.
I care about minors playing only because in the end it will not help this sport, period.  What's bad for airsoft, for any reason, I will take issue with.  If you really want to carry this on, PM me as Doc did.  I have five years' worth of reasons and proofs to back me up and if you still wish to take it personally after that, I can't stop you.

Doc, thanks again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline Atrus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dauntlessforums.com
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 11:39:01 AM »
Well it sounds like it would be fun but there has been a lot of arguing =/
I got into this to have fun with people of all ages from all around Arizona. If we're gonna do this... Then let's do it, but otherwise at least stop arguing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Atrus »
The following text is a placeholder for a meaningful signature. The previous text serves the same purpose.

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 12:02:55 PM »
No worrys Legs. Looking forward to meeting you in the field...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline Bucket

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 12:38:44 PM »
Quote from: "Atrus"
I got into this to have fun with people of all ages from all around Arizona. If we're gonna do this... Then let's do it, but otherwise at least stop arguing.

=D>  =D>  =D>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bucket »

Offline Reaver

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://teamfe0.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2005, 01:00:30 PM »
Quote from: "Atrus"

Amen.  This is supposed to be an airosft forum, not the U.S. Senate.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Reaver »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 03:32:28 PM »
Well.. this is also supposed to be an 18+ forum, not a playpen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline romes_empire

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 08:44:55 PM »
so does anyone plan on forming a team making a list on whose definatly going to this thing. if no one makes a list or a team ill just register individually.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by romes_empire »

Offline SINJIN

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.com/gallery
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »
This is crazy, we should all be supporting each other.
I'm registering and a buddy from So Cal Airsoft League is flying in for it.  Maybe I don't know the whole "backstory", but still, I believe in second chances.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 02:44:44 PM by SINJIN »

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »
Thanks.  They're flying in?  That's pretty cool.   We'll have the exact location by the end of this month.