Author Topic: Team ORION is recruiting  (Read 1456 times)

Offline TheCrow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Team ORION is recruiting
« on: August 10, 2005, 09:05:52 PM »
Team ORION is forming up and looking for new members.  If you ever wanted to be a part of a structured team, ORION may be for you.

Here are the basics:

*ACU uniforms are standard issue (tan boots & gloves, OD webgear)

*All ORION members will have G36 based weapons (G36C/K/KE, MG36)

*All weapons will use standard mags with the exception of the MG36

*Each member will have specific roles within the team (Squad Leader,
  Machinegunner, Pointman, etc.)

ORION is looking for dedicated members that want "a little more MilSim" in their airsoft experiences.  You must be over the age of 18 (mid-20+ preferred), have your own transportation, and be willing to accept the responsibilities that come with your position.  Look for ORION members at the AA games and feel free to ask any questions.

Do you have what it takes?  Do you want to do your part?  Do you want to know more?  Email vellsmith@msn.com if interested.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheCrow »

Team ORION Squad Leader

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:20:09 PM »
Vell, I would be all about this...if I had the appropriate weapons & gear. :( Stupid MultiCam.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 11:41:08 PM »
We currently have three positions filled:  Squad Leader, Grenadier/medic, and machinegunner.  That leaves a lot of room for positions and duties, and this is not a fly by night operation.  Truth told, Orion has been in the rebuilding phase for years now, and things fell together for us recently to allow this new push.  The organization is all there, I assure you, and you'll enjoy the structure.  It's not boot camp, but it is designed around the 8 man SEAL team concept, with eight specific positions/roles to be fulfilled.  That separates this idea from the usual "8 friends with guns" concept.  
Vell is the point of contact on this as it's his baby, but I thought I'd add some to the sales pitch.  Players in their 20s-30s are sought, so if your joints ache, you're probably the right age!

Seriously, this is a unique setup, and if you're willing to put in the effort and go with the above requirements, the rewards will be there for you at the games.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 11:49:37 PM »
Vince, just get some ACUs anyway.  You shouldn't need an excuse to by some new gear!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline howrangi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/howrangi
team
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 05:15:12 PM »
Lets get this thing going.    YEEEHHAAAAAAWWWW.     going to get this tactical thing down and support the "TEAM".  Everyone i just want to tell you that if you join i'm expecting you to uphold your role for the team.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by howrangi »
The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 05:23:57 PM »
Mikkkeeeeyyyyyy! Don't tempt me! Vell, what about ACU's, MultiCam gear, and an HK SL-8?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 05:24:34 PM »
Email sent. Someone please PM me. I have some friendly skirmish ideas?

Doc
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline TheCrow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 08:01:47 AM »
For those of you who are thinking of joining, here is a little background on me:

I am 33 years old, currently in the Air Force, and one of the founding members of Airsoft Arizona.  I have been married for 15 years and have a 9 year old son.    

One goal I have always wanted to acheive in airsoft is the formation of a proper MilSim team; ORION will reach that goal.  Showing up once a month to trade some plastic may be fine for some, but others want just a little more.

Look for me, Howrangi or Legs at the next game and see what we are about.  With ORION, service guarantees citizenship! (I've always wanted to say that...)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheCrow »

Team ORION Squad Leader

Offline howrangi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/howrangi
Team Players
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 05:34:12 PM »
We've been to the last two games and seen some interesting people that would be a valuable asset to Team Orion.  Any takers lets talk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by howrangi »
The sword is a weapon of peace. With this sword I stand ready to defend my lineage, my family, my friends, and always, always our blessed country.