Author Topic: Shooting the dogs.. ::Warning::  (Read 3196 times)

Offline andyhinds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »
They are probably shooting the dogs because they are running lose and eating dead bodies for food.

The guys should have walked up used BOTH hand and shot it a dozen times, not start walking away without knowing if its dead or not.

I don't think there is anything JAG or PETA will do about this, I'm sure JAG has bigger fish to fry and who gives a rats as$ what PETA has to say.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline woody

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Yep
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 08:50:42 PM »
Quote from: "andyhinds"
They are probably shooting the dogs because they are running lose and eating dead bodies for food.

The guys should have walked up used BOTH hand and shot it a dozen times, not start walking away without knowing if its dead or not.

I don't think there is anything JAG or PETA will do about this, I'm sure JAG has bigger fish to fry and who gives a rats as$ what PETA has to say.

For sure, Andy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by woody »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 09:09:23 PM »

Good point, but why put it on tape? And why not just one down the forehead, instead of five, here and there?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline FarFromEinstein

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 09:20:34 PM »
yeah, not to mention.. if they would do anything.. they would have done it. I saw this like 3 months ago.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FarFromEinstein »
I hate AEG\'s... I love to snipe.

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 10:20:38 PM »
I would be dissapointed if JAG did anything about this. Since when did dogs have rights?  It would have been one of the lamest misappropriation of government funds ive seen.  Do i agree with what they did? Nope.  Do I care if someone shoots a stray dog on their yard here in America? Nope.  

Rick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 07:52:56 AM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"

Good point, but why put it on tape? And why not just one down the forehead, instead of five, here and there?

I've been slowly learning through life that there are all sorts of weird people out there, sometimes people do things that seems alright at the time, but in hindsight it becomes a hard decision to justify or defend.  Looking back at my time in University and football, etc.  I've done a lot of stupid things, but so has most people.  When people talk about maturity levels I generally associate maturity with those with think through their actions and know the future conseques.  Generally speaking maturity is something you gain as you get old by making stupid decisions and learning from them.

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 02:59:06 PM »
Quote from: "studdermonkey"

I've been slowly learning through life that there are all sorts of weird people out there, sometimes people do things that seems alright at the time, but in hindsight it becomes a hard decision to justify or defend.  Looking back at my time in University and football, etc.  I've done a lot of stupid things, but so has most people.  When people talk about maturity levels I generally associate maturity with those with think through their actions and know the future conseques.  Generally speaking maturity is something you gain as you get old by making stupid decisions and learning from them.

Sadly, from past stupid actions I've done, I can't speak of maturity. It's not my grounds  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 08:51:59 PM »
:| There's a stray cat that keeps coming back to my apartment, its mangy and probly gonna become diseased soon. I think it'd be best to put it down, but all I have are airsoft guns :|
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

-Wraith-

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 03:23:15 AM »
Deathbydanish, I'm sorry but that was a very stupid, as well as irresponsible post. Sure... Your neighbor sees you shooting a cat with an airsoft gun, calls the cops, you get your guns taken away. Then you look like a total jackass for abusing an animal with an almost non-lethal weapon. Very smart. Also, my two cents on the dog incident, Maybe I missed something but it didn't really seem to me that they were having fun, I really only heard "Damn!" Maybe surprised the dog was still alive, and I didn't max it so I didn't really pay attention to where the shots were delivered. That was a good sized dog, it was probably a threat. While I don't agree with abusing animals, I think they may have done the whole thing. And in response to them videotaping it, it may be a clip of a larger video that someone tore apart to stick it on a website for more anti-war crap.

EDIT: Just call animal control, they'll try to take care of it, or end up putting it down easier than shooting it with plastic bb's....  :?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -Wraith- »

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 10:04:56 AM »
Over 2 months old...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Ricky

Target Practice
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 10:59:17 AM »
Its called target practice!
Look here, true enough, it is hard to watch ( I had seen this a while ago). The boys are actually having fun doing it, but they are in a place where people are trying to kill them every day. They were simply sharpening thier shooting skills (which it appears they badly needed to do).
Face a few facts here, I happen to have just talked with someone fresh on leave from Bagdad....THEY DO NOT WANT US THERE! There will never be a FREE society living in Iraq/Afghanastan,Etc....Simply because these people have ZERO concept of freedom, nor do they want it, nor are they willing to actually help achive it.
VIETNAM......No matter how many US soldiers get KILLED there, its NOT winnable. Best thing to do is pull out, and let them shit for themselves, or bomb it till nobody is left to resist.

Besides, I have heard that they tape IED's to animals over there, in fact the larger animals have IED's inserted in the rectum. Wander close to troops, push button, good kill ratio.

KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!

FLASH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ricky »

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Target Practice
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 01:02:48 PM »
Quote from: "Ricky"
Its called target practice!
Look here, true enough, it is hard to watch ( I had seen this a while ago). The boys are actually having fun doing it, but they are in a place where people are trying to kill them every day. They were simply sharpening thier shooting skills (which it appears they badly needed to do).
Face a few facts here, I happen to have just talked with someone fresh on leave from Bagdad....THEY DO NOT WANT US THERE! There will never be a FREE society living in Iraq/Afghanastan,Etc....Simply because these people have ZERO concept of freedom, nor do they want it, nor are they willing to actually help achive it.
VIETNAM......No matter how many US soldiers get KILLED there, its NOT winnable. Best thing to do is pull out, and let them s*** for themselves, or bomb it till nobody is left to resist.

Besides, I have heard that they tape IED's to animals over there, in fact the larger animals have IED's inserted in the rectum. Wander close to troops, push button, good kill ratio.

KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!

FLASH

Taped IED's in the rectum of animals, I can't see animal parts doing too much damage, or animals being able to carry that much explosives in their butt's.... I'm betting the guys you spoke to also claim to be SEAL's, recon, etc.  If you honestly think about the practicality of using an animal as an IED you'd agree its pretty far fetched.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Target Practice
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »
Taped IED's in the rectum of animals, I can't see animal parts doing too much damage, or animals being able to carry that much explosives in their butt's.... I'm betting the guys you spoke to also claim to be SEAL's, recon, etc.  If you honestly think about the practicality of using an animal as an IED you'd agree its pretty far fetched.

It's being done.

You wouldn't believe some of the shit the haji's are doing to kill or injure U.S. soldiers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Ricky

For Andy and other non-believers
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 05:51:12 PM »
Here is the video of US troops blowing up a COW, with an IED INSIDE the cow. In this case the cow was laying dead, but they do it to live animals as well.

http://media5.big-boys.com/content/holycow.wmv

NOTHING GROSS

FLASH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ricky »

Big Wave Dave

(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005, 02:56:34 AM »
quote: Its called target practice!
No it's called cruel and unusual. Target practice is for targets, you know, those little things with red circles on them.
As for putting it down, two to the head would have been much easier then five shots in various organs and body parts.
And if it did have an ied in it, don't you think they would have set it off when they walked right up to the dog.
More than likely it's as Doc says, kids gone off to kill, in a place where death could come in an instant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Big Wave Dave »