Author Topic: Well I guess if you want a grenade hangin off the barrel...  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
Well I guess if you want a grenade hangin off the barrel...
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:41:41 PM »
I found this...interesting...what's next?

http://www.depot53.com/products/3/628?cat=1
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »
Trying to replicate the Kar 98 with that grenade launcher dealio back during WWII
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 01:27:33 AM »
If it fires with a BB, wouldnt the BB be left in the barrel after the shot?  I can see that causing problems...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 05:09:02 AM »
Quote from: "RickEJ6"
If it fires with a BB, wouldnt the BB be left in the barrel after the shot?  I can see that causing problems...
I thought the same thing...  I'd be worried about round bouncing clear back down the barrel, or even worse -breaking!  (I understand the bio's tend to do that, hence the wire mesh masks being avoided.)  

The only way I could see this working would be to have something much like the TM decelerator unit as part of it...  
http://www.military-club.cz/view.php?ci ... 2003012301

I know, it isn't in English, but if you look at the diagram it makes sense.  Anyone have any insight on this one?  There is a barrel attachment that goes with the launcher.  Perhaps a similar decelerator/trap design?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rook »

Offline RangerBob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/c48/rikki185/?sc=4
Good call Rook
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 07:40:39 AM »
Seems like that attachment would work to keep the BB from falling back down your barrel.
Also good, because I was curious how that thing worked.
But I think you'd have to modify it somehow...as the grenade launcher uses it's own flash suppresor to hook onto.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RangerBob »
A team kill is still a kill.....

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 08:08:22 AM »
I haven't seen one of these units in person, and don't know how the internals are set up, but I'd hope it'd have a similar "trap."  I doubt such feature would be in the quick-detach mount, as one wouldn't want a decelerator all the time.  Then again, the length of the grenade itself would probably permit such design.  

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/gl/produc ... .%20Shower)

I certainly can't tell from any of the photos...  Any insight anyone?

Also, I understand it is about 1lb or less (shipping details)

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 01:30:56 PM »
Heck, the simplest way is to forgo the launcher assy entirely. You can hold the gas charge in your hand, and trip the thing off with a thumb.

Assuming you need no tube length at the end to concentrate the shot, it would work as well as the end-of-barrel device.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 02:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"
Heck, the simplest way is to forgo the launcher assy entirely. You can hold the gas charge in your hand, and trip the thing off with a thumb.

Assuming you need no tube length at the end to concentrate the shot, it would work as well as the end-of-barrel device.

Chip
Reminds me of a game where I had my 203 the first time..one of the screws inside fel out and the launcher stopped working in the middle of a fireifght...i was like..AW f this and just took it out and thumbed it! Had a little bit of kick too!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 02:35:37 PM »
When I first read the reply about the tube, all I could think was, "hrmm, blowgun launched rocket-propelled grenade?"  May as well just YELL grenade and throw a handful of bbs if you're going for realism, -which was the reason for the device, yes?

Offline Silverman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 11:33:10 AM »
Out of curiosity, how useful are the grenade launchers?  I'm a newbie and have never used them (or had them used against me), but it doesn't seem like they would be very useful.  By the time you arm and fire your "shotgun blast", you could have just as easily fired a few dozen BBs in a nicely aimed burst, couldn't you?  I admit they look cool (which is good), I'm just wondering how useful they are.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Silverman »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 03:10:41 PM »
Quote from: "Silverman"
Out of curiosity, how useful are the grenade launchers?  I'm a newbie and have never used them (or had them used against me), but it doesn't seem like they would be very useful.  By the time you arm and fire your "shotgun blast", you could have just as easily fired a few dozen BBs in a nicely aimed burst, couldn't you?  I admit they look cool (which is good), I'm just wondering how useful they are.

168 BBs in less than one second is very intimidating to some.  I used one for awhile, and found it to be more of a gimmick than anything else.

For National OPS, however, they come in very handy when used with nerf howlers to take out vehicles.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 12:10:20 AM »
Quote from: "Silverman"

Just ask Mikey!

I think I got him twice at that pistol/shotgun game in florence with my m79.

Once was in the face! (sorry about that one man)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 07:18:30 AM »
I've never taken a hit from one, but yes, they're intimidating.  I was at a game with M-79, and watched him sneak up to an open window & fire one into the building.  

Perhaps someone can confirm or deny something I've heard about grenades; I've been told the first thing you see is the gas cloud (standard green gas) ...THEN the pellets just behind!

Offline MP5 NOOB

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 08:19:08 AM »
About the K98... if you try and get the deacelerator the bb might not have enough power to push the botton. Which can be a problem when you gun and grenade is out of operation. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MP5 NOOB »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 11:38:08 AM »
Quote from: "Rook"
I've never taken a hit from one, but yes, they're intimidating.  I was at a game with M-79, and watched him sneak up to an open window & fire one into the building.  

Perhaps someone can confirm or deny something I've heard about grenades; I've been told the first thing you see is the gas cloud (standard green gas) ...THEN the pellets just behind!

If you're on the recieving end this might be the case.  In certain weather, the discharge cloud can be quite large.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »