Author Topic: *updated* Official AA Game - 10 Dec, 2005  (Read 10743 times)

Offline azsarge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 05:46:37 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
Will there be load outs? Like in ammo restrictions so that we can properly use saw gunners and not have a bunch of hicap wantabe saw gunners?

There will be no loadout restrictions for Taliban/AQ fighters or those with Support weapons (SAW, RPK, MG36, Spazz's P90, etc).

Some of the "characters" in the mission will have limited loadouts.

There will be no restrictions for US forces, although I do ask that guys with M4's, MP5s, etc don't let out 100 round bursts from a hi-cap.

There will be vehicle's taking dead/wounded back to the FOB that can be utilized to haul ammo if there is room.

Taliban/AQ will have no FOB, and must carry everything they need for the day with them.  If they want to set up a makeshift rearming/break area, that's up to them.  There will be no trips back to your POVs until the scenario has ended unless it's an emergency.

Let me also use this post to ask if anyone has some good props.  I'm looking for the following:
-SAND BAGS!  Preferable green, tan, etc.  No bright colors, please.
-Ammo cans
-Camo Nets
-55 gallon drums/barrels

Also, those of you with machine guns are invited to bring them out.  They will be utilized in fixed positions.

I have help for setting up in the morning, and will need to stay at the AO all day.  I will not be at the meet and greet, but I will designate WHO will be there and put them in charge of the convoy, etc.  I'll let you know who that is in the near future.

As for the dates, I apologize if anyone is unable to attend.  I have training the first weekend, the 17th was taken, and the other 2 weekends are Xmas eve and New Years eve.  That left me with only one other choice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline TheCrow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 06:58:34 PM »
Small question about the uniforms:

If we are going with realism, and not allowing the multicam stuff, how does the Woodland and 3-color Desert fit?  I am not aware of US forces deploying to an AO and having a Woodland/Desert mix; it is always one or the other.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheCrow »

Team ORION Squad Leader

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 07:09:05 PM »
I may be able to get a 55gal drum either in blue or white and made of plastic.  If I am able to get one the second problem is that I would have no way to transport it.  It probally just wont work but I can try if needed.

I also have 1 ammo can you could use! lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 07:30:25 PM »
I have 2  blue 55 gallon barrel BUT I want  Them  back after use......Its my SHTF  storeage barrels.. Its been 5 months so time for me to drain the water anyways
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »
Quote from: "TheCrow"

If we are going with realism, and not allowing the multicam stuff, how does the Woodland and 3-color Desert fit?  I am not aware of US forces deploying to an AO and having a Woodland/Desert mix; it is always one or the other.

PM sent.

Offline TheCrow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 08:03:25 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Quote from: "TheCrow"

PM sent.

PM replied to.  I will be there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheCrow »

Team ORION Squad Leader

Offline Ghostsequel

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 09:44:03 PM »

It is based on the events that took place on Takur Ghar Mountain, Afghanistan in March of 2002 as part of Operation Anaconda.

No, I was not there.

My time may be off, but Takur Ghar ridge is where the SEALs had a helicopter hit and lost a man when he fell from the chopper, correct?

And just out of curiousity, have you ever been deployed overseas ina  hostile area, sarge?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 01:27:34 PM »
Quote from: "Ghostsequel"

It is based on the events that took place on Takur Ghar Mountain, Afghanistan in March of 2002 as part of Operation Anaconda.

No, I was not there.

My time may be off, but Takur Ghar ridge is where the SEALs had a helicopter hit and lost a man when he fell from the chopper, correct?

That's basically the story, yes.

Our scenario will be slightly different, and will include several missions for each team.

No, I have not served in combat yet.

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 02:10:25 PM »
I just finished reading an account of this battle.  Very interesting.  Should be a good game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 08:09:19 PM »
Just bought some "special effects" for the game yesterday.  

This is gonna be interesting.

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 08:20:07 PM »
Oh man, I can't wait to turn 18!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 09:20:54 AM »
I have several guys with 3 color and woodland.

I need some more experienced guys to wear civvies.  The guys in civs will have shorter re-spawns and have most of thwe action throughout the day, while the US forces concentrate on completing objectives using a bit of strategy.

At this point, I'm planning on camping out Friday night to make setup easier in the morning.  If anyone else wants to do so, let me know and we will set up a meeting place.

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 11:50:12 AM »
I guess if I get the time I can go civie!!! I got all those type of guns. RPK, AK-47, AK-74SU. I can put on a white Bandana, some sort of pants maybe sky blue BDU :lol: or somthing eles.  Short sleeve tee shirt dont know. I am going to put allot of thought into this. I want to make it as realistic as possible. But, I dont have a shemag. I hope other people will go civie with me, it will be kick @$$. I still will wair my black SI boots for safety, one more slip and I will need to go to the hospital.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline mohawkdude

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dayofdefiance.com
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »
me plus 3 others for civvies, and we want to camp out the next before.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mohawkdude »
- Mohawk
- Team OpFor

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 06:13:38 PM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"
I guess if I get the time I can go civie!!! I got all those type of guns. RPK, AK-47, AK-74SU. I can put on a white Bandana, some sort of pants maybe sky blue BDU :lol: or somthing eles.  Short sleeve tee shirt dont know. I am going to put allot of thought into this. I want to make it as realistic as possible. But, I dont have a shemag. I hope other people will go civie with me, it will be kick @$$. I still will wair my black SI boots for safety, one more slip and I will need to go to the hospital.

Just wear some neutral color clothes and your regular gear.  I don't think Afghans really wear gaudy, colorful clothing.

Boots, holsters, vests, hats, goggles, etc can be whatever you like.  All I ask is that no camoflague patterns are worn, and that you wear a shemagh, pakol, keffeyah, whatever if you have one.