Author Topic: 2006 LionClaws / Best of USA Events  (Read 5010 times)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »
Your nuts Vince.  You got to be kidding me if you play with hi-caps here  :P  

I for one am glad that they finally made this rule.  It only makes sense. I personally got tired of being pinned down by every enemy rifle "saw" gunner out there.  Almost everyone I run into had hi-caps to the hilt. It was funny to see their face when they asked what I carried, 6 standards and 1 hi-cap.  I only carried the hi-cap for a last resort, since most people laid down steady streams of bbs with no mag change.  But now I wont need it, sweet!  Now we can use the "true" saw gunners in a more proper role.  I for one can't wait.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
I have hicaps because that's all that was available when I had my first M14 and bought all the mags for it.

Now, like I said, I have to make more investments. I hardly ever get through one hicap the whole game, but, still.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 07:20:36 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Im used to you using your M4. :roll:  
That sucks! I didn't even know that they made standards for them now.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
Son of a bihihitch. Now I have go to buy like, $150 bucks in magazines because I can't use hicaps. Like, that's cool, I guess, and the explanation is logical, but, still doesn't adjust the fact that I gotta go spend money.

Maybe you could just buy a couple of standard mags and a pistol loader?  That would be a little cheaper.

Personally, I think that this rule is long overdue (although I don't own any highcaps, so it doesn't really affect me).  The only problem I have with it is enforcement.  There is going to be a lot of people who ignore it, and I doubt there will really be any effort put into backing it up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 10:07:09 PM »
Or run 10 pistol mag loaders like me. Who needs bags of bbs anyway eh?
Hopefully this means more people will be running more legit kit and spraying a lot less. I do not agree so much with the terrain, I realy dislike airsoft with no hard cover.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »
Quote from: "Kurn"
 The only problem I have with it is enforcement.  There is going to be a lot of people who ignore it, and I doubt there will really be any effort put into backing it up.

I agree. I saw some guy at Irene put a c-mag on a g36 on the last day.  I didn't think it was legal but since I didn't know and I wasn't a support gunner, I kept my piece. But as airsofters I hold everyone up to a higher standard as to not to cheat. Airsoft is about honor, those are the players I want at a big OP and I know that it is hard to do that. But I can dream can't I?  

In short there will be people who will cheat, there always are. It just makes it that much more sweet when you take out someone who can't even win while cheating. But hopefully over all most people will obey the rules and we have a better airsoft game for it.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
The only problem I have with it is enforcement.  There is going to be a lot of people who ignore it, and I doubt there will really be any effort put into backing it up.

Actually, I disagree.  There may be one or two who ignore the rule, but when they get their asses tossed off the op because of it I think the next ones will think twice.  There will be inspections of gear (just like the real military) as well to prevent the "accidental" high cap from coming along.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2006, 09:22:23 AM »
I usually bring a couple of extra guns with me to keep at camp for back up.  They are different models using different mags but all of them have been hi-caps.  It is going to be a hassle buying new mags for all of them.

I'm also concerned about the op area.  I live in Needles where it is around 110 by the end of May.  I'm familiar with the Victorville/Hesperia area too.  Unless John has found a location within that area that I'm not aware of, temps should be around 100 by the end of May.  I'm somewhat accustomed to the heat but it is going to be a real motherf'ker for some of you coasties.

Some of you fat bodies and softies are really going to have to get in shape for this one.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"

Actually, I disagree.  There may be one or two who ignore the rule, but when they get their asses tossed off the op because of it I think the next ones will think twice.  There will be inspections of gear (just like the real military) as well to prevent the "accidental" high cap from coming along.

I don't think anyone can actually speak for John Lu in a situation like this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 08:33:42 PM »
Yes there too many ifs right now, What he says today will change game day always has always will but you would have to of been to a few of John Lu events to know that ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 09:05:19 PM by gixser13 »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
I have faith in John Lu.  Wherever he holds the event and whatever the requirements, it will be what had to be done to have the event.  Nobody can put this crap together better than John Lu.

You'll get your money's worth.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »