Author Topic: I hate recruiters.  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 05:50:24 PM »
I got a 99 but that's OK because I was like, 295 pounds at the time.

The USMC recruiter assured me that he would whip me into shape in less than a year and have me killing people of foreign locales on the eve of my eighteenth birthday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 07:17:18 PM »
Yeah... i was harrassed for about two years by a marine recruiter.  I thought about signing up, but changed my mind... but he kept calling me.  

I would join, but i wouldn't enlist, and with the shit that's goin' on right now, i don't even want to think about it.  If i were to sign up, i would choose to work in an automotive related field... for one, that's my major.  Two, i can carry on the same job as a civilian if i were to retire.  Also, the military would pay for my schooling, and officer rankings could become.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Ricky

Re: I hate recruiters.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 07:39:48 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
With a passion, Who else is with me?
Score a 98 on your ASVAB and you get literally harrassed!
Some Marine Recruiter just stopped me an hr ago outside of Sport Chalet to spent 20 minutes telling me I should be a grunt.
I hate being rude to these guys...but sometimes its like, dude. Go away.

Listen UP!

You need to ask those recruiters if they will show you a little courtesy and give you a reach around!
Hell, maybe they like you? Maybe you  are what they need!
Remember this, sign up, train, go to strange lands, and KILL people!
God has a hard on for the marines!
They keep heaven full of fresh souls!

FLASH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ricky »

Offline elixar

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 08:57:01 PM »
national guard sent me a package in the mail the other day, i guess as I get closer and closer to 18 this mail is gonna start to increase...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by elixar »

Offline Elvis

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://operationapollosarrow.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 09:29:45 PM »
Okay here goes...... I spent one year in the DEP program working my ass off for a local recruiting station. I was a model Dep'per I recruited four people before I went to basic training and two more entered after I completed my "A School." When this happens they bump you up a couple of ranks for helping them out. One paygrade for every two recruits!!! Dont know if they still do this?

So here comes the fun part, your recruiters (Army, Navy, Airforce,Etc) you pic the branch, always tell you to be honest in your application. Because if your not honest and something happens to where they find out you lied on your application you will automatically be discharged. I was completely honest! I have never done any drugs (Never even tried marijuana) they asked me this one on many ocassions. Apparently its uncommon for someone not to have smoked weed. I told them everything they could ever want to know I even told them that when I was nine I had a problem with sleep walking, that had since then never caused me any problems. So to get to the point I finish my A school and I'm waiting assignment to fleet when I get called into my instructors office. Apparently two guys (Hated me for my rank and had the same job code) said they saw me sleepwalking while they where on "Firewatch." I was told to report to JAG to talk to a lawyer. I was informed that I was being discharged, that if I wanted to fight the case, it would take six months for my initial appearance and until that time my pay would be reduced to E-1. I would house in the outprocessing barricks (this is where all the drug addicts, bedwetters, and pantshi**ers) where. These people are the scum of the military I qoute one of them saying "I didnt know it (basic training) was going to be like this!!! So I just pissed in my bed a couple of times....." These people made me sick. I did what anyone else would have done accepted the Honorable Medical Discharge and came home to fight my case.

Now dont get me wrong I AM NOT against the military. I am against the military's recruiting policy. The recruiters are in it for the numbers they dont care about you (despite xxxx number of times they take you to lunch) The second I got back I went to my recruiting station where I was told, by my recruiter and chief, to get out that they wanted nothing to do with me. So much for them being my "friends" and getting me the "best" deal that they could.

If you do decide to join the military. Heres some advice. Go officer and dont take "No" for an answer. Get everything you want on your contract. Dont believe the lies they tell you about your ASVAB score being too low or not proficient enough in the job category that you want. They have programs "garuantees" they can give you in writing that is a legally binding contract. Hope this helps anyone wanting to join. Oh and if you ever got out of bed "sleepwalking" when you where a kid DONT TELL THEM!!!! You could have mainlined coke in grade school, robbed a bank, or even set someones house on fire when you where 12, none of that matters to them.

If you ever have to take a leek at  O'-Dark-Thirty hold it or else you'll be discharged.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Elvis »
\"Hey, you guys seen Elvis?\" -Your last words......

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 09:36:37 PM »
Quote from: "Elvis"
You could have mainlined coke in grade school

Sweet. I was worried about that. It was in high school, but still. Now I just have to work on my stairway breathing so I can pass my TS/SCI polygraph.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 10:04:38 PM »
It's not that I don't plan on joining a branch...But taking advice from 2 members/friends here and consulting with recruiters that WEREN'T pushy...I decided to Serve a term with the National Gaurd while attending ASU ROTC and trying to get my BA in computer science. Then, after my contract with the nat gaurd possibly being deployed, and getting my BA, I hope to achieve NCO status. From what I have been Told, then I could basicly have my choice of whatever the heck specialty job/school I would want to try for. And that is where I plan to change my MOS to 18B.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 01:19:30 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
It's not that I don't plan on joining a branch...But taking advice from 2 members/friends here and consulting with recruiters that WEREN'T pushy...I decided to Serve a term with the National Gaurd while attending ASU ROTC and trying to get my BA in computer science. Then, after my contract with the nat gaurd possibly being deployed, and getting my BA, I hope to achieve NCO status. From what I have been Told, then I could basicly have my choice of whatever the heck specialty job/school I would want to try for. And that is where I plan to change my MOS to 18B.

That sounds like a very good way to go, Andy.

Seriously.

Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure that Simultaneous Membership cadets don't deploy until AFTER they've finished school, and are MOS Q'ed.  It's a very good program!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 02:01:14 PM »
Go 11B if that is what you decide to do. You'll get a bit of a taste what you are up for if you go that way. You might not like it. The ARNG is definitely one way to go, Andy.

Sarge, I'm pretty sure you are right. I was told that I wouldn't be deployable when I looked into this.

Andy if you really want to, go to New Mexico Military Institute. They have some really good programs, and its a pretty sweet deal overall. I would definitely look into it, if I were you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline mp5 fan

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 03:07:27 PM »
Firehead...check your PM's
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mp5 fan »

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 08:39:29 PM »
Dude, that's messed up how they discharged for shit like that!  And i feel what you say about those pussies who can't handle basic training (not saying i would be able to either, havn't experienced it).  And you were being honest, too.  But maybe because you told him that it was only a problem at age nine, and those jealeous punks made that shit up... that's what got you, huh...?  Fucked up...  

See, i'm a pretty honest person.  I smoke marijuana (recently quit)... and i'll tell them if they ask me.  Just like when i was harrassed by that marine recruiter... i was on probation and wanted to keep out of trouble... and figured maybe it would help with turning my life around.  I was honest and told him i had recently been put on probation for possession.  Then he stopped callin me.  Funny thing is, after i got off probation, he started callin back... but i wasn't interested anymore (i was probably only interested for about 2 weeks...).  

But yeah, if anyone wants to know if i use... i'll be honest.  I don't feel that it is a very bad thing, just a bad habit.  I know it's illegal, but nicotine don't cut it... and i'm too young to drink (not saying that i don't drink... i do).  I believe it has a different effect on some people.  Most people say that you'll end up slow and stupid if you smoke weed.  And just because someone doesn't do it, and it's illegal, it shouldn't automatically makes that person who uses a bad person.  Take me for instance... i've had three jobs so far, and all my managers knew i did in fact smoke.  But they did not care... why?  Cuz i did my job, and i did it well.  I kept my managers happy, so they never complained.  I just tried not to come in to work high to keep them happy.  I get along with anyone and everyone, user or not.  I have just as much sober friends as i have stoner friends.  
...sorry, that was a little off topic... i hope this doesn't make anyone dislike or disrespect me or anything... but at least i'm honest.  And i did quit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 08:43:02 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »